Media KOREAN ZOMBIE: "I Asked For A Similar Style Opponent."

Reign009

Not sure if serious.
Reaction score

Right at the beginning of the first video:

"It was difficult trying to adjust to a completely different fighter with a completely different style. I asked for an opponent that had a similar style as Edgar, but Yair is was the only fighter who would fight me on short notice. So I'll just have to make the adjustments to my game."

In this second video from the full media interview he talks a little bit more about it at 1:35. He gives the typical "I'm a fighter, I'll fight" at first but when asked if he had a chance to change the game plan, he admits that there was some difficulty making adjustments because of the difference in style.

Question: You can tell that the Korean Zombie is an intelligent fighter that likes to prepare specifically for his opponents. Do you think that this will have any effect on the fight? Especially considering Yair's dynamic, unorthodox style.

We'll see. Will be interesting to see where Yair is at since last May. I've got KZ, but I've been surprised before. Some guys just make more improvements than others.

KZ is good on the feet and on the ground. He has more weapons than Yair, so I'm with him

George+Roop+vs+Korean+Zombie+1.gif

Nothing so far leads me to believe that Yair Rod has anything for Jung that he hasn't seen.

(un)fortunate shot, like the punch from Diaz that downed Robbie Lawler back in the day.

Yair has yet to do this on anybody besides the bum Andre Fili

Zombie needs to bring his pressure game. Against Frankie he likely would have had to worry about reactionary takedowns, but against Yair he wont. Yair doesn't fight well off his back foot & has sub-par boxing skills even by mma standards.

If Zombie stays on the outside waiting to counter, or worse backs up to the fence he may well end up getting hurt & or finished.

im sorry but did you just imply that Diaz got a lucky shot on lawler? I hope that's not what you're saying. Because Diaz clearly outstruck him the whole fucking fight

I didn't want to respond to this post seriously, but I feel I didn't make myself clear. It was an unusual knockdown shot, in the context of both fights, is what I'm saying. Like you wouldn't usually expect such a slump from those.

Yair is underdog here.. cerrone dog.. pennington dog.. very interesting.. how did Yair fall so far after one loss to a legend.

Huge fluke. Roop is actually terrible.

I love KZ but he fought badly in that fight. He bought into his own hype and paid for it. Iirc Roop was doing well that whole fight.

I had no idea KZ used strategy.. I thought he just winged it and went for it. I know he trained and all just didn't see the game plan.

For Yair... I honestly wonder if he's recovered mentally from that absolute ass whooping Frankie put on him and his hype train.

Look forward to this fight.

Yair is a bit underrated here. He lost to Frankie but that's a different style and Frankie had to make it ugly.

Yair is big, young, and quick. He moves very well and his kicks can come from any angle.

got a completely different fighter and he still took it what a boss

Real worried about my boy KZ in this one. War KZ, but Yair is such a dynamic striker, and KZ isn’t exactly unhittable.

Back