Ben Askren says he is better than Khabib!

I think most people commenting have not seen many, if any, of Askren’s fights. Based on his fights that i’ve watched (all if them), i don’t think he’ll have any issues with Khabib’s striking.

1. Khabib is able to out-wrestle titled wrestlers. Bigger than him, too.

2. Khabib is the better striker, and his striking seems to have improved even more, since preparing for Conor.

3. Even if Khabib cannot quite match Askren in wrestling, Khabib is also a master Sambo gold medalist, and can fight off his back in a world-class manner, achieve reversals, and finish opponents. Ben Askren is a nothing grappler, just a ground-and-pound wrestler, who won't be able to do this with a guy like Khabib. Has anyone ever seen Askren roll with Marcelo Garcia? Dude gets tapped every 5 seconds.

Well, in fairness he might just end up being 170 version of khabib. He's 18-0 entering ufc with crazy wrestling and top game.We' ll seee but I don't have problem with him saying this.

Khabib should be defending his belt and nothing else.
If Ben can make that weight and get some decent wins in the UFC maybe then we could talk about it.
Khabib has 1 title defense. Theres no reason to be talking about any superfights(Askren lol) for him.

2. Khabib is the better striker, and his striking seems to have improved even more, since preparing for Conor.

3. Even if Khabib cannot quite match Askren in wrestling, Khabib is also a master Sambo gold medalist, and can fight off his back in a world-class manner, achieve reversals, and finish opponents. Ben Askren is a nothing grappler, just a ground-and-pound wrestler, who won't be able to do this with a guy like Khabib. Has anyone ever seen Askren roll with Marcelo Garcia? Dude gets tapped every 5 seconds.

I agree with what you've written, but lmao at holding footage of Askren getting tapped by Marcelo against him. Marcello would tap both Askren and Khabib at the same time.

I agree with what you've written, but lmao at holding footage of Askren getting tapped by Marcelo against him. Marcello would tap both Askren and Khabib at the same time.

Not if you factored-in striking. In pure grappling, I agree, although Khabib would not be as clueless and easy as Askren, because of his world-class Sambo background. If you watch some of Khabib's early days, against other Dagestanian sambo athletes, Khabib can fight as good off his back as he can while on top, and is no slouch in grappling.

no fighter is gonna say "(my fellow competitor) is better than me"

Askren is a talker. Lawler will end that hype train.

Yawn

Ben is another bellator champ who is not facing real competition.. Melendez, Alvarez, Lombard, Lymon Good, Will Brooks.. he won’t win every fight

um ben has finished most of his fights at 170.

kabob had problems with a real estate agent.

tibau gave him fits.

and a whisky salesman took a round from kabob.

my money is on funky. should kabob ever step up to a challenge

he is already ducking tony again

Ben has also never had a top ten win in his career though.

You have serious reading comprehension issues. And like a 12 year old you resort to name calling as your immediate defense mechanism.

As I said, it is possible that Askren believes he can make 155, but doesn't believe having all the issues that Khabib has had (being hospitalized, having seizures) is worth it. Some people actually value their health. I never even said Askren was heavier, I'd imagine they are roughly the same size but I don't know for sure.

Do you deny Khabib has had these issues, which are serious red flags from a health perspective? Do you think maybe someone who's cut weight and long as Askren has maybe knows his body and has decided "I'm not gonna do that to myself, it's not worth it long term."

Instead of getting your panties wadded up and trying to be combative with everyone, fucking use some critical thinking. You take it personally if everyone doesn't worship Khabib like you do, and there's no reason to. FFS...
First of all, when it comes to "seizures", you have no clue what you're talking about. You're simply regurgitating the verbal diarrhea spouted by retards like yourself who do not take their time to study the source of said information. What you describe as "seizures" is actually a mistranslation of what Khabib said in Russian in one of his interviews after the Conor fight. The word "seizure" has a very strict medical definition in English language with a whole bunch of defined symptoms: losing consciousness, having muscle spasms and so on. The Russian equivalent of the word said by Khabib does not, it can be used to define a worsening of any medical condition starting with a cough and ending with a heart attack. I have specifically asked my Russian friend about this and any Russian-speaking Sherdog posters will be able to confirm this as well.

If you actually go back to Khabib's previous interviews, you will see that this is not the first time he has had these "seizures" during his weight cuts. However, the only symptom experienced during these "seizures" Khabib has ever mentioned is pain, which can be an indicator of a truckload of things gone wrong, ranging from insufficient fat in one's diet, leading to gallbladder problems, to liver problems in which case the liver cannot detoxify the body fast enough due to weight loss being too rapid. It could mean literally anything, yet retards like you with absolutely zero knowledge on the matter parade Khabib's "seizure" statement around while applying the English meaning to the word and thus implying he had suffered the symptoms which are part of the English medical definition. Rest assured, had Khabib actually suffered a "proper" seizure with loss of consciousness and uncontrollable muscle spasms, nobody would have allowed him to fight Conor.

Secondly, let's address Askren's weight. First of all, Askren is an Olympic level wrestler, which means he is no stranger to weight cutting and knows about it more than most people in the sport. Khabib is, sadly, notoriously bad at cutting weight yet even he can cut from 190 to 155 with professional oversight with no reported or stated major problems (the baseless claims made by drooling retards like yourself are another story). Now, are you going to tell me that an Olympic level wrestler can't cut less weight (since, according to Askren's own words, he's lighter than Khabib, lmao) than Khabib without major problems and make 155? Ahaha, get the fook out of here, you have no clue what you're talking about.

First of all, when it comes to "seizures", you have no clue what you're talking about. You're simply regurgitating the verbal diarrhea spouted by retards like yourself who do not take their time to study the source of said information. What you describe as "seizures" is actually a mistranslation of what Khabib said in Russian in one of his interviews after the Conor fight. The word "seizure" has a very strict medical definition in English language with a whole bunch of defined symptoms: losing consciousness, having muscle spasms and so on. The Russian equivalent of the word said by Khabib does not, it can be used to define a worsening of any medical condition starting with a cough and ending with a heart attack. I have specifically asked my Russian friend about this and any Russian-speaking Sherdog posters will be able to confirm this as well.

If you actually go back to Khabib's previous interviews, you will see that this is not the first time he has had these "seizures" during his weight cuts. However, the only symptom experienced during these "seizures" Khabib has ever mentioned is pain, which can be an indicator of a truckload of things gone wrong, ranging from insufficient fat in one's diet, leading to gallbladder problems, to liver problems in which case the liver cannot detoxify the body fast enough due to weight loss being too rapid. It could mean literally anything, yet retards like you with absolutely zero knowledge on the matter parade Khabib's "seizure" statement around while applying the English meaning to the word and thus implying he had suffered the symptoms which are part of the English medical definition. Rest assured, had Khabib actually suffered a "proper" seizure with loss of consciousness and uncontrollable muscle spasms, nobody would have allowed him to fight Conor.

Secondly, let's address Askren's weight. First of all, Askren is an Olympic level wrestler, which means he is no stranger to weight cutting and knows about it more than most people in the sport. Khabib is, sadly, notoriously bad at cutting weight yet even he can cut from 190 to 155 with professional oversight with no reported or stated major problems (the baseless claims made by drooling retards like yourself are another story). Now, are you going to tell me that an Olympic level wrestler can't cut less weight (since, according to Askren's own words, he's lighter than Khabib, lmao) than Khabib without major problems and make 155? Ahaha, get the fook out of here, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Nice novel about the translation of the word seizure. What a load of shit. Seizure, even in English, has multiple meanings too genius. And the fact you dismiss it so readily AFTER listing a bunch of conditions that ARE indications that you are taxing your body too much shows that you seriously have no clue. At all.

So...was Khabib also not transported to the hospital a couple years ago days before his fight with Tony due to weight cutting issues that taxed his body too much? You know, when the fight got cancelled? Or wait, you have a Russian friend that says it's all a misunderstanding and he actually ate bad pierogies right LMAO.

More name calling of course, do you think that makes you look less or more stupid? You'd think that you would care a bit more about your hero's health, but instead you go on moronic rants about how you know better and everyone else is wrong. You are a sad little individual.

Nice novel about the translation of the word seizure. What a load of shit. Seizure, even in English, has multiple meanings too genius. And the fact you dismiss it so readily AFTER listing a bunch of conditions that ARE indications that you are taxing your body too much shows that you seriously have no clue. At all.

So...was Khabib also not transported to the hospital a couple years ago days before his fight with Tony due to weight cutting issues that taxed his body too much? You know, when the fight got cancelled? Or wait, you have a Russian friend that says it's all a misunderstanding and he actually ate bad pierogies right LMAO.

More name calling of course, do you think that makes you look less or more stupid? You'd think that you would care a bit more about your hero's health, but instead you go on moronic rants about how you know better and everyone else is wrong. You are a sad little individual.
Child, if Khabib had actual seizures as you say, why wasn't he transported to the hospital? Let me explain why: because you and the drooling retards like yourself have no clue what you're talking about. Literally. You have no clue whatsoever what symptoms accompanied the said "seizure", because none were ever reported and the only symptoms Khabib has ever mentioned in the past were pain. You simply pull nonsense out of your butts and just assume it's true based on a definition of a mistranslated word. Also, lmao at the word "seizure" having multiple medical definitions in English. It has a multitude of different symptoms that may or may not express themselves during a seizure, but the definition of the medical term is very clear. Another indicator that you lack even the most basic medical knowledge yet act like you know what you're talking about.

It's hilarious how you're trying to move the goalposts with this "taxing the body" nonsense. Any weight cut involving dehydration is "taxing on the body", retard. It's also hilarious how you're trying to shoehorn Khabib's failed weight cuts into this conversation, when I've specifically mentioned professional oversight in my previous post. Fact is, Khabib has made weight 3 times in a row after recruiting Tyler Minton as his nutritionist with no reported or observed major problems. Literally none. Whatever nonsense you pull out of your butt when you spout your "Khabib had seizures" nonsense has nothing to do with reality.

And yes, I'm calling you a certified retard, because you are one. You've already exposed yourself as one when you've spouted the nonsense about GSP not putting on additional muscle mass when fighting Bisping, which shows that you simply have absolutely zero clue about the weight cutting business in MMA.

Child, if Khabib had actual seizures as you say, why wasn't he transported to the hospital? Let me explain why: because you and the drooling retards like yourself have no clue what you're talking about. Literally. You have no clue whatsoever what symptoms accompanied the said "seizure", because none were ever reported and the only symptoms Khabib has ever mentioned in the past were pain. You simply pull nonsense out of your butts and just assume it's true based on a definition of a mistranslated word. Also, lmao at the word "seizure" having multiple medical definitions in English. It has a multitude of different symptoms that may or may not express themselves during a seizure, but the definition of the medical term is very clear. Another indicator that you lack even the most basic medical knowledge yet act like you know what you're talking about.

It's hilarious how you're trying to move the goalposts with this "taxing the body" nonsense. Any weight cut involving dehydration is "taxing on the body", retard. It's also hilarious how you're trying to shoehorn Khabib's failed weight cuts into this conversation, when I've specifically mentioned professional oversight in my previous post. Fact is, Khabib has made weight 3 times in a row after recruiting Tyler Minton as his nutritionist with no reported or observed major problems. Literally none. Whatever nonsense you pull out of your butt when you spout your "Khabib had seizures" nonsense has nothing to do with reality.

And yes, I'm calling you a certified retard, because you are one. You've already exposed yourself as one when you've spouted the nonsense about GSP not putting on additional muscle mass when fighting Bisping, which shows that you simply have absolutely zero clue about the weight cutting business in MMA.

As per usual, you are spouting paragraphs of bullshit when in reality this is yet another sad attempt by you to sneak around the universally accepted definitions of things. The fact that seizures (as defined in English) manifest themselves in a multitude of different ways IS THE POINT.

As before when you claimed Khabib will "dismantle" Tony but predicted a 48-47 win by dec LMAO. You then followed it up with a feeble attempt to defend yourself. And then tucked tail and ran when me and others called you out on that idiocy and what the universally accepted definition of "dismantle" is in the world of MMA.

Looking into it, there are tons of sources in English that are reporting the seizures. I find zero that have attempted to make the clarification you are trying to push. Can you source where there is a clarification from somewhere reputable? I'm not just gonna take the word of your "Russian friend" LOL. Shit tons of reputable sites reporting something you claim is basically completely wrong, but none that I can find offering what would seem to be a very important clarification?

If you want to continue putting your stupidity on display, by all means do so.

Last edited:

Even though I'm pretty sure that vid is old and Askren likely has better grappling fundamentals now in terms of sub defense etc, it still makes you appreciate Marcelinhos greatness. It also should make people realize how truly underrated a grappler Diego Sanchez was given that he lasted over 11 minutes with this beast as a PURPLE BELT at ADCC back in the day. Same tourney where Garcia tapped Shinya Aoki in about one minute.

Back