My entire town is burning down.

The major reason why California is constantly on fire is because dead vegetation isn't being cleared out. The best thing to prevent future fires in California would to let these current fires burn until they went out themselves. Until humans stop fucking with mother nature, this is going to continue to happen.
I was surprised at how many controlled burns I saw driving up the 395 to Bridgeport last month

damn... good luck with the insurance company and rebuilding

I was surprised at how many controlled burns I saw driving up the 395 to Bridgeport last month

It's a double edged sword. Without vegetation, when it does rain, the soil slides off the slopes.

I see the fire is headed for Chico which is now under an evacuation order.

Pretty much everyone I talked to lost their home. From all different parts of town. Grim.

I woke up this morning to hear that a family friend lost their place. Sorry to hear that you were caught up in it too.

I'm so, so, sorry to hear that man. You and yours are safe and healthy, I'm happy for that. You all are in my prayers sherbro!

yeah, that fire has spread everywhere. here in san francisco, you can really smell it.

Sorry to hear that bro. Damn fires in norcal has been rough over the past few years. I heard even a hospital in Paradise got burnt down.

I'm not not a materialistic person, but I now own basically nothing.

It was a really tight, safe and loving community. Like old school US. And now it's gone. It just gone I guess.

Look on the bright side of things, you can start again from zero. I know some people who would trade places with you. They're looking for the reset button and they can't find it

That's terrible, dude. Glad you're safe, hope things work out.

Really sorry to hear that, man. At least you have your family intact. Everyone is safe. That’s the most important thing.

All you fucking so called environmentalist building house after house on hillsides. You wonder "why are our houses always burning"? You destroy the ecology with all your houses. Your carbon footprint is gigantic but you feel better blaming others for global warming. Go fuck yourselves. Also, I bet you a sandwich the fire was set by a homeless person cooking ramen noodles in the bushes.

Lol, my wife is pregnant and we are homeless.

Goddamit

Nowhere to watch football this weekend
That sucks, fam. But at least you have each other. It's going to be rough for a while but hopefully it gets better.

When I was real young my family moved from Dade to Broward counties like right before Hurricane Andrew, and our old neighborhood (Country Walk for the aware) was completely leveled. All our old neighbors made it out alive and with yuge insurance checks (and iirc proceeds from a nice legal settlement with the builders) and I remember wishing we would've waited a few months to move; all our belongings would've been destroyed but all I saw were $s lol

I guess my point is, like others have been saying, what's really important is that the irreplaceable (lives) is still there for you and the rest is disposable and can be replaced. And sometimes, picking up the pieces and starting over can be for the better. Andrew's destruction compelled our closest friends in Country Walk to move up to Broward County near us and to this day they say they're thankful for the move and it would've never happened but for the hurricane

Malibu is pretty crazy down here. The 1% is really taking a beaten. We could use a go fund me right now. We don't want to ruin our net worths and all...

Back