I just started TRT, ask me anything

Do the doctors have a serious discussion with you about potential side effects and if so what were they? Is there a risk of dependency or reliance where if you go off it all the positives associated with TRT actually become worse when off TRT?

We seem to see that in MMA where guys seem to be a shell of themselves when forced off.
potential side effects aren't from testosterone, theyre from high estradiol which can be managed with an aromatase inhibitor.

High blood pressure, mood swings, gynecomastia are all effects of high estrogen. The stereotypical side effects of steroid abusers. You usually see these in them because they dont take aromatase inhibitors

so basically your body becomes dependent on the treatment? If you stop, will you stop producing less testosterone than before you started?

Well, for me no. I'm 47 and have been on TRT for two years. My test was around 120-140 when I first got got started. The clinic adjusted doses to keep me around 700-900. It was seriously life changing for me. I felt better than I had in almost a decade. Just over-all feeling better and energy.

I changed doctors and was off for about 8 weeks and got retested when I started back up. My test results went back to 120 in that time.

Anyway, I guess the takeaway is that if your body isn't producing T, then it's NOT going to magically start producing again.

However, if like the OP, your'e in your 20's. Then I'd be very hesitant, because something other than getting old is fucking up T production and I'd want to know what the hell it was before starting treatment in my Mid 20's and resigning yourself to be on for a lifetime of weekly shots.

EDITED... lol whoops

Last edited:
so basically your body becomes dependent on the treatment? If you stop, will you stop producing less testosterone than before you started?

Essentially yes. You can try a 6-12 month cycle of clomid and hCG to try to get your nuts working again, but otherwise it's for life.

Well, for me no. I'm 47 and have been on TRT for two years. My test was around 120-140 when I first got got started. The clinic adjusted doses to keep me around 700-900. It was seriously life changing for me. I felt better than I had in almost a decade. Just over-all feeling better and energy.

I changed doctors and was off for about 8 weeks and got retested when I started back up. My test results went back to 120 in that time.

Anyway, I guess the takeaway is that if your body isn't producing T, then it's going to magically start producing again.

However, if like the OP, your'e in your 20's. Then I'd be very hesitant, because something other than getting old is fucking up T production and I'd want to know what the hell it was before starting treatment in my Mid 20's and resigning yourself to be on for a lifetime of weekly shots.

do you mean not start producing again? Because exogenous T is an endogenous T suppressor, so if you go off, you'll have very low T, but will never just magically go back to normal.

Anyway, I guess the takeaway is that if your body isn't producing T, then it's going to magically start producing again.

is there a "honeymoon period"?

how do you feel today?

do you mean not start producing again? Because exogenous T is an endogenous T suppressor, so if you go off, you'll have very low T, but will never just magically go back to normal.

Edited my post... lol. I meant to say NOT

When I meant back to normal, I meant if it's low (100-200) when you start, it'll go right back to being low if you ever go off. Now, would it go even lower than 100? I have no idea.

Last edited:
Are you taking it orally or are you bouffing?

is there a "honeymoon period"?

how do you feel today?

Fine. I lift 3 days per work. I run in the mornings before work (5-6 days per week).

I got my diet on point as well and lost 50+lbs over 9 months about 2 years ago. I had a stressful job and I've learned how to manage that too. Learning about the devastating effects of increased cortisol made a big difference too. I wouldn't be surprised if being stressed out for years (10+) killed my T production.

I've run 2 half marathons this year and have another coming next weekend. I even traveled to see my Brother in Kalispell and ran the 1/2 at Glacier National Park. If anyone had told me 2 years prior that I could run 13 miles up and over a mountain pass, I would have laughed in their face.

I never ran like this before... I love it doing each morning. Better than a shit, shower and shave... I'm good to go all day. And (usually) when I hit the gym, I'm not bonked out and wanting to just hit the couch and watch TV after work.

I know it sounds too good to be true. And I'm sure getting my diet straight has a lot to do with it, but I had changed my diet before the TRT and was struggling with energy and just being tired most of the time.

I'd post pictures, but I don't need to become another Sherdog meme... lol.

Fine. I lift 3 days per work. I run in the mornings before work (5-6 days per week).

I got my diet on point as well and lost 50+lbs over 9 months about 2 years ago. I had a stressful job and I've learned how to manage that too. Learning about the devastating effects of increased cortisol made a big difference too. I wouldn't be surprised if being stressed out for years (10+) killed my T production.

I've run 2 half marathons this year and have another coming next weekend. I even traveled to see my Brother in Kalispell and ran the 1/2 at Glacier National Park. If anyone had told me 2 years prior that I could run 13 miles up and over a mountain pass, I would have laughed in their face.

I never ran like this before... I love it doing each morning. Better than a shit, shower and shave... I'm good to go all day. And (usually) when I hit the gym, I'm not bonked out and wanting to just hit the couch and watch TV after work.

I know it sounds too good to be true. And I'm sure getting my diet straight has a lot to do with it, but I had changed my diet before the TRT and was struggling with energy and just being tired most of the time.

I'd post pictures, but I don't need to become another Sherdog meme... lol.
nice. how much are you taking weekly?

Bruh, pro tip: fake the first one.

Bury her face in a pillow, pull out, spit on her pussy, make some noises. Be like, "I need some water", come back with your original rock hard erection ready for "round 2".

Ideally, she should have came a few times before you attempt this.
Pro-Pro Tip?

Combat Breathing.

Man low T at 25 must suck. I have very high T and I'm 32. I assume it has to do with my meat consumption and heavy compound lifting.

What levels of T is considered "high."

I am in good shape and no lack of energy and similar to your age. Just want to know if I'm in the normal range.

Last edited:

I am in good shape and no loack of energy and similar to your age. Just want to know if I'm in the normal range.

When people say "I have high T" it often doesn't correlate to actual measured values but rather just how they feel.

I am in good shape and no loack of energy and similar to your age. Just want to know if I'm in the normal range.

When people say "I have high T" it often doesn't correlate to actual measured values but rather just how they feel.

I actually got checked and made a thread about it. The doctor said it was in the higher side. Check the thread for actual numbers though.

I actually got checked and made a thread about it. The doctor said it was in the higher side. Check the thread for actual numbers though.

I checked the thread and didn't see any numbers. It's possible I scrolled right past, but all you said "doc said it was above average."

The ranges are 200-1100, depending on the insurance company and testing facility. Some can be 200-800. I've seen both of those on various reports from my own tests with different doctors.

Have you felt the urge to fill the room with uppercuts?

Back