Scrubs (2000s): Restrospective

Show was hilarious. Watched it religiously for a few seasons. Don't remember when I stopped, must have been when it started to suck.

I did try to watch one episode in the last season, where the focus was on some new female scrub and now JD was trying to be the mentor. Yeah, that sucked hard. If it weren't for Dexter's last season then scrubs might have had the largest drop in quality from beginning to end.

My favorite live action sit com of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Good show the first time through. Kinda hard to rewatch. Braff is annoying but Elliot can get it.

I liked the show, but I hated how most episodes had to put the jokes on hold for some drama. Also Zach Braff

Elliot bro

Failing-Tasty-Ibisbill-size-restricted.gif
Honestly, Dr. Cox’s ex-wife would have got it first.

Scrubs is one of my favorite shows of all time and easily one of the funniest shows of all time.

It was absolutely hilarious and when it went serious or sad, it hit those notes extremely well. Like to the point that they are some of the saddest episodes of any genre.

Great cast and I love watching it even today.

<DCrying>

Extremely racist, sexist and what have you by modern standards. I recently watched a re-run and was like "Wtf, they could send this back then" constantly. Couldn't laugh anymore because it left a real bad taste in my mouth.

1432x37.jpg

Loved it. Great acting, slick writing,

It is considered to be one of the best sitcoms of the 2000s, personally it's my favorite of all time.

What say you sherdoggies?

It was a very good show, especially through the first few seasons. The humor had a good mix of subtle and cartoonishly overt. I wouldn't say it was the best of the era (ahem, The Office), but it was certainly near the top.

The Janitor was a GOAT character imo.

Well, we certainly disagree here. The best characters were:

1. Turk

2. Bob Kelso

3. Dr. Cox (not a funny scene)

4. The Todd
5. The Janitor
6. Elliott
7. JD

8. Carla

It was annoying. I never even remotely liked it. It tried way too hard.

Arrested Development is the best 2000's sitcom and it's not even close.

I agree that at time Scrubs tried too hard, particularly with JD's character, but I have the same gripe with Arrested Development: that it tries too hard. I think that's the most overrated sitcom of my lifetime (while still obviously being better than the commercially successful but critically maligned shows like The Big Bang Theory).

JD and Turkleton's relationship was the best part of the show. Add Rowdy and it's even better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show. Loved it. For me it is in my top 10 of comedy shows. Probably around the 8-10 range. I put it about one spot above That 70's show. So 9 at worst.

Most shows go on too long and drop in quality in the latter seasons. Seinfeld ended right at a perfect spot. It's Always Sunny almost seemed to have made it as well, but it may now be hitting that quality drop at season 13. Heard things, but haven't seen season 13)

Sarah Chalke still makes me tingle in my pants.

I agree that at time Scrubs tried too hard, particularly with JD's character, but I have the same gripe with Arrested Development: that it tries too hard. I think that's the most overrated sitcom of my lifetime (while still obviously being better than the commercially successful but critically maligned shows like The Big Bang Theory).

I couldn't possibly disagree more. AR was pure genius and deserved whatever praise it received.

My favorite sitcom of all time.

Seasons I think 1-4 are brilliant TV. Probably season 1 is my favorite, because the characters felt the most real and the humor was more understated. But I’ve seen the entire show through multiple times.

Also one of the better TV finales, ignoring the spinoff, that I’ve seen. Very on the nose but it worked extremely well.

My favorite sitcom of all time.

Seasons I think 1-4 are brilliant TV. Probably season 1 is my favorite, because the characters felt the most real and the humor was more understated. But I’ve seen the entire show through multiple times.

Also one of the better TV finales, ignoring the spinoff, that I’ve seen. Very on the nose but it worked extremely well.
very good and educated post. you must be a really smart person.

This and Ben's death where you don't know he's dead until the end...well at least I didn't know. But yes...
<DCrying><DCrying><DCrying>

If you heard The Fray's "How to Save a Life" on a tv show in the 2000s, someone was dying.

That show made me cry more than any other. The "true" finale with JD leaving was so emotional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back