Is Heyman bad for the WWE ?

Heyman isn't bad for the WWE, he's a manager, he's a character. He is what Bobby Heenan, Jim Cornette, and JJ Dillion were before him. He's a mouthpiece for a wrestler. Heyman talks the shit, and Brock delivers the beatings, how does that equate to "stupid"? What's bad for the WWE is non-sensical writing, bad booking, stale characters, scripted promos and so many other things that Heyman isn't responsible for. Heyman may be a bit repetitive but he is entertaining, and when he's motivated he cuts a better promo than almost every talent on that roster. Fun fact, Heyman did speak for Austin very early on in his career. Ahh the Dangerous Alliance, they were fun.

Lesnar isn’t good on the mic ( so thinks WWE) that means he needs a mouthpiece to talk for him.
He wasn't awful. But it certainly wasn't his best attribute. He actually had some decent charisma in his original run. But yeah Pauls ability to weave a tale, and captivate an audience with words is definitely valuable. Even as the heel duo he gets the crowd chiming in on his high point catch lines cause he just has so much damn energy in his delivery. It dosen't work in every capacity. But with Lesnar, it seems to work well. I had heard rumblings of Heyman possibly going with rousey but I think that was only if brock left as expected, which as we see now isn;t the immediate case.

TS doesn't know what a manager is for....

Ill preface this with i dont pay too much attention to the WWE but used to watch it a fair bit when Stone Cold was around.

To me Paul Heyman makes no sense and is bad for business. He is a grown man speaking for another grown man, especially someone like brock. It ruins the immersion because its feels stupid and contrived.
The whole Paul Bearer story made sense as Kane and Undertaker were supposed to mystical and he was the controller thats fine it makes sense for the storyline.
But to have a guy like Brock have some old man with a pony tail speak for him feels stupid imo. In contrast guys like the Rock, HHH and Stone cold, even Cena had/have it all the skills to be a superstar and rightly so.

Can any fans of Heyman help me understand the appeal ?
I agree, Heyman is a genius in promo but Brock looks dumb if he can't express himself on his own.

Brock has his moments in soundbites, but anything more and he is very clunky. Heyman on the other hand is an excellent talker and I think he makes an excellent mouthpiece for the monster he represents.

Heyman is one of the absolute best.

Anyone saying he is bad for WWE are silly.

Back