Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jail escape in Daredevil was one of my favorite scenes of any TV show in 2018. I thought it was so fun and exhilarating.

Anyone watched Homecoming which was released today? Any good reviews? (Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail's new show)

First Full Trailer for TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3; Returns Jan. 13, 2019 on HBO

im just catching up on South Park and as soon as Randy opened the door and i saw Towelie I spit my drink out

seems like netflix is cleaning house with it 's marvel shows ,luke cage just got cancelled jessica jones is probably next in retrospect the netflix marvel universe was a letdown
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/l...r-two-seasons-on-netflix/ar-BBOCKC8?ocid=AMZN
Very disappointing since there was so much potential. It all started off fuckin awesome imho. Iron Fist and Defenders is where they lost me. Haven't watched any of them since. Luke Cage 1 was kinda slow too for me.

BREAKING BAD Movie from Creator Vince Gilligan in the Works

Q4KFGhx.jpg

A new chapter in Breaking Bad is in the works. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan is working on a two-hour movie, though it remains unclear if that will be released theatrically or made for television.

Representatives for Gilligan and Breaking Bad producers Sony Pictures Television did not immediately respond to THR's requests for comment.

Details on the project, which has been floating around the industry with a possible fake/working title of Greenbrier, are slim. It's unclear if the movie would be another prequel — like AMC's Better Call Saul— or a follow-up of some sort. It's also unclear is if any of the original stars, such as Bryan Cranston or Aaron Paul, are involved in the new project, which sources stress will be set in the existing Breaking Bad franchise.

Gilligan, sources say, will pen the script, executive produce and possibly direct. Breaking Bad and prequel series Better Call Saul exec producers Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein are also said to be attached to the film project, which is said to follow the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom. Production is expected to begin this month in New Mexico. The New Mexico Film Office confirmed that a project with the title of Greenbrier is slated to shoot in in the region.

Breaking Bad became a critical breakout for AMC and ran for five seasons. AMC and producers Sony TV quickly greenlighted the prequel Better Call Saul as Gilligan's follow-up series. Saul, featuring Bob Odenkirk's small-time lawyer, has been renewed for a fifth season, which set to air in 2019.

The Breaking Bad movie would mark Gilligan's first project to stem from the new three-year overall deal he signed with Sony TV in July. Sources said the pact is valued at less than $50 million as Gilligan is not in the same volume space as producers like Shonda Rhimes and Ryan Murphy, who both signed nine-figure deals with Netflix.

A Breaking Bad film (of any sort) would be a boon for Sony TV, which, as an independent studio, has been fighting an uphill battle in an era when ownership has become increasingly important.

Gilligan's new deal keeps one of television's most respected showrunners in the business at the studio, which continues to focus on cable and streaming deals after a dismal upfront season in which it landed one new series on the five broadcast networks.

'Breaking Bad' Movie From Creator Vince Gilligan in the Works

BREAKING BAD Movie from Creator Vince Gilligan in the Works

Q4KFGhx.jpg

A new chapter in Breaking Bad is in the works. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan is working on a two-hour movie, though it remains unclear if that will be released theatrically or made for television.

Representatives for Gilligan and Breaking Bad producers Sony Pictures Television did not immediately respond to THR's requests for comment.

Details on the project, which has been floating around the industry with a possible fake/working title of Greenbrier, are slim. It's unclear if the movie would be another prequel — like AMC's Better Call Saul— or a follow-up of some sort. It's also unclear is if any of the original stars, such as Bryan Cranston or Aaron Paul, are involved in the new project, which sources stress will be set in the existing Breaking Bad franchise.

Gilligan, sources say, will pen the script, executive produce and possibly direct. Breaking Bad and prequel series Better Call Saul exec producers Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein are also said to be attached to the film project, which is said to follow the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom. Production is expected to begin this month in New Mexico. The New Mexico Film Office confirmed that a project with the title of Greenbrier is slated to shoot in in the region.

Breaking Bad became a critical breakout for AMC and ran for five seasons. AMC and producers Sony TV quickly greenlighted the prequel Better Call Saul as Gilligan's follow-up series. Saul, featuring Bob Odenkirk's small-time lawyer, has been renewed for a fifth season, which set to air in 2019.

The Breaking Bad movie would mark Gilligan's first project to stem from the new three-year overall deal he signed with Sony TV in July. Sources said the pact is valued at less than $50 million as Gilligan is not in the same volume space as producers like Shonda Rhimes and Ryan Murphy, who both signed nine-figure deals with Netflix.

A Breaking Bad film (of any sort) would be a boon for Sony TV, which, as an independent studio, has been fighting an uphill battle in an era when ownership has become increasingly important.

Gilligan's new deal keeps one of television's most respected showrunners in the business at the studio, which continues to focus on cable and streaming deals after a dismal upfront season in which it landed one new series on the five broadcast networks.

'Breaking Bad' Movie From Creator Vince Gilligan in the Works

Very disappointing since there was so much potential. It all started off fuckin awesome imho. Iron Fist and Defenders is where they lost me. Haven't watched any of them since. Luke Cage 1 was kinda slow too for me.
Iron first is my favorite from that group, but it did have its issues.

And season two almost lost me to not finish it.

I never watched season two Luke cage.

The defenders was decent but could have been so much better(as could they have all).

I never got into Daredevil, afflec ruined that for me, I liked it when he had appearances in the other shows but couldn’t get into his solo show.

While Punisher is also Marvel it almost feels like a different universe so I never measure it with the others.

I did like punished but also felt it had its flaws.

It’s almost like the Netflix series are pushed too fast and they are decent but just not quite on point.

For DC I really dug Arrow for a bit , but lost interest a few seasons in. Same with the heroes of tomorrow or what ever it was called seasons one and some of two were strong and kept falling off and I lost interest in them as well.

Still waiting on news for Lucifer to continue. I really liked that show

Just finished watching The Purge.

<6>

With that being said, I'll still watch S02.

Iron first is my favorite from that group, but it did have its issues.

And season two almost lost me to not finish it.

I never watched season two Luke cage.

The defenders was decent but could have been so much better(as could they have all).

I never got into Daredevil, afflec ruined that for me, I liked it when he had appearances in the other shows but couldn’t get into his solo show.

While Punisher is also Marvel it almost feels like a different universe so I never measure it with the others.

I did like punished but also felt it had its flaws.

It’s almost like the Netflix series are pushed too fast and they are decent but just not quite on point.

For DC I really dug Arrow for a bit , but lost interest a few seasons in. Same with the heroes of tomorrow or what ever it was called seasons one and some of two were strong and kept falling off and I lost interest in them as well.

Still waiting on news for Lucifer to continue. I really liked that show
Punisher should've only been 10 episodes. They could've kept out the stupid plots like the over-the-top PTSD guy digging a bunker in his backyard.

New Live-Action STAR WARS Series Starring Diego Luna as Rogue One's Cassian Andor

vpFur8I.jpg

Disney is continuing to expand its Star Wars galaxy. Disney is developing a live-action scripted series with Diego Luna, star of 2016's Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. It will go into production next year for Disney's streaming service, called Disney Plus. The series will follow rebel spy Cassian Andor during the early days of the Rebellion and ahead of the events of Rogue One.

"Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me,” Luna said of the Rogue One prequel. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”

After spending several months without an official name, the family-friendly streaming service has finally been named Disney Plus. That’s consistent with the company’s branding for its ESPN streaming service, which is simply ESPN Plus.

The company will hold an event in April to reveal more information about the forthcoming service, Disney CEO Iger said Thursday during the company's earnings call with reporters. He said that he recently traveled to the offices of BAMtech, the developer of the app, and described what he saw as having “elegant navigation” and the ability to personalize content, which will include both new projects like the Rogue One prequel as well as library fare.

This is the second Star Wars series Disney has announced for its direct-to-consumer platform and joins The Mandalorian from showrunner Jon Favreau. The reveal of the Rogue One prequel arrives months after Iger revealed in February that multiple Star Wars live-action series were in the works for the DTC platform.

Disney Plus is designed to be the Mouse House's Netflix rival. The service, which is planned for a launch sometime in 2019, will be home to original and library content from Lucasfilm (Star Wars), Marvel and Pixar. Disney Plus has been ramping up its original Marvel scripted series and plans to bring several familiar faces from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to the new platform with shows of their own. Iger confirmed it was developing a series to star Tom Hiddleston as Loki. Meanwhile, Disney has begun trimming its Marvel fare on Netflix, axing dramas Iron Fist and Luke Cage as the clock ticks down to zero on just how long the feature film library content will remain on the streaming giant.

'Star Wars': Diego Luna to Star in 'Rogue One' Prequel Series

While the just-released trailer (watch, below) is heavy on the supernatural romance aspect of the story, MacKenzie — who was wearing an "abolish ICE" shirt — discussed just how political she intended the series to be, and how the election of President Donald Trump inspired the story.

"When the world wasn't burning, I would've been cool to write the high school version of the show," she said. But now, "I feel like there is an urgency to ask smart questions."

There's not a fictional president in the series, which will tackle not only immigration but also other social issues. "I want this show to feel like smart conversations with smart people who aren't on the same side of the issues all of the time," MacKenzie said.

While the just-released trailer (watch, below) is heavy on the supernatural romance aspect of the story, MacKenzie — who was wearing an "abolish ICE" shirt — discussed just how political she intended the series to be, and how the election of President Donald Trump inspired the story.

"When the world wasn't burning, I would've been cool to write the high school version of the show," she said. But now, "I feel like there is an urgency to ask smart questions."

There's not a fictional president in the series, which will tackle not only immigration but also other social issues. "I want this show to feel like smart conversations with smart people who aren't on the same side of the issues all of the time," MacKenzie said.

That's a really wordy essay on a CW remake of a OG CW show. I'm sure all of the characters making terrible decisions and keeping secrets from each other for flimsy reasons will actually turn out to be a metaphor for something.

When they announced the Loki series I went wankity wank wank

@Dragonlordxxxxx I really liked Brooklyn Nine Nine but found the show started to get stale / story moving too slow - stopped watching mid season 4 - did anything happen?

Same with Big Bang Theory, fuck nothing happens in that show - it took Penny and Sheldon so long I don't care anymore.

And Penny and Leonard is the worst relationship ever.

With The Office and Jim and Pam you were truly invested in the will they / won't they,. They got boring after being married int he show but we enjoyed the journey

Penny and Leonard was so horrible and back and fourth I didn't even want them together lol

Gina Carano Joins Pedro Pascal in the Live-Action Star Wars Series THE MANDALORIAN

Wjr1DyE.jpg

Gina Carano has joined Pedro Pascal in the live-action Star Wars series The Mandalorian. The series will debut on Disney’s streaming service Disney+, which is set to bow next year.

Jon Favreau wrote the series and is executive producing along with Kathleen Kennedy, Colin Wilson and Dave Filoni. Filoni will also direct episodes, along with Taika Waititi, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa and Deborah Chow.

Character details are buried deep in the desert wastes of Tatooine, but the company’s synopsis is thus: "After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic."

Carano is the MMA star turned actress who starred in Steven Soderbergh’s Haywire and appeared in Fast & Furious 6 and Deadpool.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/gina-carano-joins-star-wars-series-mandalorian-1160809

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back