Keto vs Intermittent fasting?

I'm about to get fat again and I want to avoid that. Usually when I need to correct my life and get back on track with weight I did "Low car" aka keto. Lately I've also heard some things about intermittent fast. Can someone share their opinions on the differences. I'd like to lose 10-15 lbs.

Download the Atkins induction food list. Eat all of that food you want for one month straight (don't count calories, just carbs).

Easiest way to lose 15 pounds. I do it all the time.

I got a position at work staying at the house all day. I shot up like 15lbs in 2 months and got disgusted. I didn't go totally Keto, but kept carbs under 100g a day which was damn near torture for the first week...then got easy.
The amount of energy and good feeling I got was amazing. I lost that 15lbs in less than a month and I didn't calorie count/restrict at all - just carbs. I ate fat and protein like crazy.
the thing is, when you eat a lot of fat/protein you don't stay hungry all day. I do know however, that I wasn't eating so few calories as to make sense of a 15lb weight loss in 3 weeks. Calorie restriction by itself is worthless...and just not sustainable in the long run.

Download the Atkins induction food list. Eat all of that food you want for one month straight (don't count calories, just carbs).

Easiest way to lose 15 pounds. I do it all the time.

I got a position at work staying at the house all day. I shot up like 15lbs in 2 months and got disgusted. I didn't go totally Keto, but kept carbs under 100g a day which was damn near torture for the first week...then got easy.
The amount of energy and good feeling I got was amazing. I lost that 15lbs in less than a month and I didn't calorie count/restrict at all - just carbs. I ate fat and protein like crazy.
the thing is, when you eat a lot of fat/protein you don't stay hungry all day. I do know however, that I wasn't eating so few calories as to make sense of a 15lb weight loss in 3 weeks. Calorie restriction by itself is worthless...and just not sustainable in the long run.
My understanding is that carbs convert to glycogen in the muscles and allow them to store more water. The most fat you can lose is 1-2lb per week so some of the 15lbs of weight loss is water.

This is the reason why Arnold and some of the old school body builders would eat cake and wine the day before a bodybuilding event. It caused their muscles to swell up with water and appear more full.

I think The Zone by Barry Sears is more balanced than Atkins. There are some negative effects of eating more protein than your body can use. Please check it out and let me know your thoughts.

I pray for Keto peoples cholesterol levels. Lethal stuff

We will be fine.

Do you know how much cholesterol there is in eggs bro? That shit will come back to bite you in the ass eventually

Do you know how much cholesterol there is in eggs bro? That shit will come back to bite you in the ass eventually
You have a common misconception about eggs.

You also can do keto without eggs if they are too much of a concern. I’m on keto and I barley have any eggs or bacon, but that’s because I’m not a breakfast guy.

You have a common misconception about eggs.

You also can do keto without eggs if they are too much of a concern. I’m on keto and I barley have any eggs or bacon, but that’s because I’m not a breakfast guy.

I'd rather take scientific study over some youtube video, but you do you brother. No disrespect

wait, it's 2018 and people are still afraid of eggs?

You know it's one of the few studies where human subjects have been used right, by that I mean consuming large amounts of whole eggs for a prolonged period to study the effect. For the tldr; it wasn't negative.

A lot of what I read for fat loss and still being able to lift is low fat moderate carb. The guys on the starting strength forum advocate under around 40g of fat and say you need the carbs in order to perform at the gym. But I'm also confused if one would need the fat for bjj and Muay Thai. Diets are confusing

~DaViD~

I pray for Keto peoples cholesterol levels. Lethal stuff

What about their kidney function? I know a dumb twat who is 4 foot 11 who eats 2 steaks (large) a day and crossfits. She'd never done an athletic thing in her life until she was 38.

I love how she's telling me about nutrition and olympic lifts. Meanwhile I only know her because her husband and I were on a national team together since we were teens.

SMH

I for one think OP should do it all

keto
IF
vegan
Paleo
Bulletproof

but whatever he does he should NOT count calories, because that's for chumps.
Obviously, if not losing weight, the answer is just to add another buzzword to your routine instead.

Look for something more sustainable, imo. Both of those diets are based mostly in pseudoscience/bro science.

No, they are based on physics, but are bro-analyzed and implemented.

I've been on KETO twice and am currently and it's the same result. CONSISTENT fat loss between 5-10 lbs, and I'm never really hungry. If I"m hungry I can eat till I'm full, but the feeling of fullness is very different from carb overload and there is no onset of that food coma you get after carb-heavy meal.

This diet is very effective and could be combined with morning fasting for even quicker results.

No, they are based on physics, but are bro-analyzed and implemented.

I've been on KETO twice and am currently and it's the same result. CONSISTENT fat loss between 5-10 lbs, and I'm never really hungry. If I"m hungry I can eat till I'm full, but the feeling of fullness is very different from carb overload and there is no onset of that food coma you get after carb-heavy meal.

This diet is very effective and could be combined with morning fasting for even quicker results.
<Lmaoo>

Back