The Great Flyweight Purge (Updated May 2019)

And De La Rosa vs Sanchez is at bantamweight, I guess, because he just hit the scales at 136.

If TJ wins then he can just keep the belt and Dana scraps the division.....move up to 135Ib or piss off to One Championship.......

Employees of the year Leslie Smith and Kajan Johnson attaching their agenda to this situation:

The "Save the 125lb division" brigade already have their anthem

"Im banging the drum, your big day will come"

Last edited:
Anyone knows the status of MMA fighters union? Seems like after GSP and TJ got their respective title shots it all went quiet. Or are they actively working on some sneak attack on Dana and his goons?

Im fine with all of this besides Jared Brooks. The guy was cool AF.

I think Kajan Johnson said only a couple of fighters signed up after Leslie Smith was released or not re-signed.

http://mmadna.nl/opmerkelijk-de-ufc-zet-gepensioneerde-vechter-in-flyweight-rankings/

SIR

The UFC has not confirmed it yet, but several fighters have already indicated that they have been dismissed by the organization in connection with the lifting of the Flyweight division. Yesterday, the UFC removed Mexican Brandon Moreno and the Brazilian Matheus Nicolau from the rankings. Both fighters indicated that they have not heard anything from the UFC. Remarkably, the UFC has now ranked Irishman Neil Seery as number fifteen.

The 39 year old Seery fought for the last time in July 2017 and last won a fight in 2015. In Glasgow, the Irishman lost to Alexandre Pantoja. Seery then announced his retirement from the Pro-MMA. This makes the Irishman the first fightersever in the rankings that have been out of action for more than a year.

Surprised the UFC didn't give Moreno and Nicolau a shot at BW.

Updated the first post with new information and matchup results.

4 women's divisions and getting rid of 125lbs.... fuck wme/img.

Moreno was a fun fighter, Im bummed he got cut. I wanted him to stick around.

Word is, they just re-signed Louis Smolka, but he'll be moving up to BW.

I don't understand why we have wmma 145, which has one girl, and 125, which is all women who moved up or down a weight class, but we're getting rid of flw, which has some legitimate talent. Several of those guys could make waves at 135, but will be too small to get the gold. It's a shame
What legitimate talent?

What legitimate talent?
Deiveson Figueiredo (15-0)
Naoki Inoue (11-1)
Henry Cejudo (13-2)
Jussier Formiga (22-5)

Formiga's only losses are to Uncle Creepy, Dodson, Joe B, Ray Borg and Cejudo

Sergio Pettis, Ben Nguyen, Tim Elliot, Ray Borg and Joe B are good fighters as well. This division was just about to get interesting with DJ gone

I don't understand why we have wmma 145, which has one girl, and 125, which is all women who moved up or down a weight class, but we're getting rid of flw, which has some legitimate talent. Several of those guys could make waves at 135, but will be too small to get the gold. It's a shame

While I agree some of the women's classes are pointless, there is a very good reason why 125 is going.

Back