Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dragonlordxxxxx I really liked Brooklyn Nine Nine but found the show started to get stale / story moving too slow - stopped watching mid season 4 - did anything happen?

Same with Big Bang Theory, fuck nothing happens in that show - it took Penny and Sheldon so long I don't care anymore.

And Penny and Leonard is the worst relationship ever.

With The Office and Jim and Pam you were truly invested in the will they / won't they,. They got boring after being married int he show but we enjoyed the journey

Penny and Leonard was so horrible and back and fourth I didn't even want them together lol

Jake and Rosa were framed and went to jail for several episodes. Jake and Amy got married. Rosa revealed she was bisexual. I guess those that are the major stories that stuck to my mind.

Jake and Rosa were framed and went to jail for several episodes. Jake and Amy got married. Rosa revealed she was bisexual. I guess those that are the major stories that stuck to my mind.

Cal me when Amy's pregnant

Holt running for commissioner.

I just did a 24 marathon and that is an awesome show. What got me to watch it finally is Designated Survivor.

Also, if you havent watched The Office, you are an idiot.

Yeah, 24 was really good. Just had to keep watching the next episode and the next... You'd think these guys after struggling to acquire some key item would immediately make an offsite backup of it.

Anyone enjoying the new Magnum P.I. reboot? I think I could quit watching this. The cast doesn't seem quite right and the stories kinda stink a bit. Not as much cringeworthiness as the Hawaii Five-O reboot.

I just started Lethal Weapon and the more I watch the more I realize I am Riggs. Who is my Murtaugh?

too lazy to search, but I had no idea Daredevil was back.

that speaks volumes because people would always talk about it. this season, not so much.

nevertheless, it did start off weak but it did have some deep (meaningful & fucked up) moments.

not as great of a season, but still the best Marvel show out there IMO.

I take back what I said.

Legion is the best Marvel show.

Official Trailer for YOUNG JUSTICE: OUTSIDERS; Premieres Jan. 4, 2019 on DC Universe

Live-Action COWBOY BEBOP Series a Go at Netflix for a 10-Episode Series Order

532903-COWBOYBEBOPnetflix.jpg

Netflix is heading to space with a new group of bounty hunters. The streaming giant has handed out a 10-episode, straight-to-series order for a live-action adaptation of famed anime entry Cowboy Bebop. The series was previously set up at Amazon Studios and landed at Netflix after the former passed on it.

Based on the 1998 Japanese anime TV series from writer Cain Kuga, Cowboy Bebop was a worldwide phenomenon and is wildly considered one of the biggest series in the anime genre.

The live-action take tells a jazz-inspired, genre-bending story of Spike Spiegel, Jet Black, Fay Valentine and Radical Ed, a rag-tag crew of bounty hunters on the run from their pasts as they hunt down the solar system's most dangerous criminals. The Netflix series arrives as a live-action feature take starring Keanu Reeves has been toiling in development at Fox for nearly a decade.

The series is a co-production between Netflix and Tomorrow Studios, with the latter company — a partnership between Marty Adelstein and ITV Studios — taking out the live-action pitch for the project last summer.

Midnight Radio's Andre Nemec, Josh Appelbaum, Jeff Pinkner and Scott Rosenberg (Disney's upcoming High Fidelity TV series, Netflix's late and great Everything Sucks, CBS' Zoo) will serve as showrunners and exec produce alongside Tomorrow Studios' Adelstein and Becky Clements. Yasuo Miyakawa, Masayuki Ozaki and Shin Sasaki of Sunrise Inc. — the studio behind the original anime series — will also exec produce alongside Tetsu Fujimura and Matthew Weinberg. Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok) will pen the first episode. Shinichiro Watanabe — who directed the original series — will serve as a consultant on the Netflix take.

Very disappointing since there was so much potential. It all started off fuckin awesome imho. Iron Fist and Defenders is where they lost me. Haven't watched any of them since. Luke Cage 1 was kinda slow too for me.
Speaking of shitty netflix/marvel shows the one that make me completely give up was the punisher. I was looking forward to that forever but what a garbage acting low budget piece of filth.

too lazy to search, but I had no idea Daredevil was back.

that speaks volumes because people would always talk about it. this season, not so much.

nevertheless, it did start off weak but it did have some deep (meaningful & fucked up) moments.

not as great of a season, but still the best Marvel show out there IMO.

Well, it's officially cancelled as of today, so...

Scarlet Witch TV Series Official Title Confirmed to Be VISION AND THE SCARLET WITCH

62G8o69.jpg

A new report suggests that Marvel Studios' upcoming TV series, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, will be called Vision and the Scarlet Witch. The short, six-to-eight-episode series is being created exclusively for Disney's upcoming streaming service, Disney Plus, which will launch in 2019.

In September, it was reported that Marvel Studios was working on a range of movie-budget limited series that would premiere on Disney Plus. One of the most interesting ideas was of a series starring Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch; only a few days later, there were further reports that the series may co-star Paul Bettany's Vision as well. The relationship between the two is a core part of Avengers lore in the comics, and was faithfully reproduced in Avengers: Infinity War, so this seemed to make sense.

According to the latest report from Deadline, Vision does indeed now have co-star billing. In fact, they report that the series will be called Vision and the Scarlet Witch. It's truly exciting to see secondary characters get top billing in some of these short TV shows. The romance between the two has been a tumultuous one in the comics, in large part because of Vision's struggle with emotion and Scarlet Witch's mental instability. It will be fascinating to see how Marvel Studios choose to adapt that relationship for their TV series.

Marvel fans will recognize that title as an allusion to two important arcs. In 1982, Bill Mantlo penned a four-issue miniseries called Vision and the Scarlet Witch, spinning a plot out of their recent marriage. He described them as "the strangest wedded couple in the world," and indeed his plot treated them as such. Mantlo's story saw the newly-weds confront everything from Samhain, the spirit of All Hallows Eve, to Nuklo, a radioactive man with the mind of a child. Significantly, this even ended with Wanda discovering that she was the daughter of Magneto, the Master of Magnetism. Three-years later, Marvel launched a second limited series entitled Vision and the Scarlet Witch. This saw the couple leave the Avengers after Vision's mind had been corrupted by his creator, Ultron; when the United States Government refused to trust him, Scarlet Witch broke him out of Project PEGASUS and the two decided to blaze their own trail as independent vigilantes.

The future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is currently a closely guarded secret. Next year's Avengers 4 is the end of the first three phases of the MCU, and it appears to be the beginning of something subtly different. It's distinctly possible that the Vision and the Scarlet Witch series will tap into these classic stories - and explore the nature and powers of two remarkable heroes.

https://screenrant.com/scarlet-witch-vision-tv-show-title-disney-plus/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back