Official Fallout 76 Discussion

it can't be any worse then the ESO launch although I'm not sure how much of this game is Bethesda and how much is ZeniMax it just feels like FO4 with MMO stuff added to it.
Bethesda has almost nothing to do with eso. And this games mechanics are much more complex. I think it’s going to be a shit show for some time, they’ve even released statements confirming as much.

Enjoying the game so far. Put in 8 hours with two friends this morning and we kept saying how strange (in a good way) it felt playing co-op in a Fallout game. Watching my friend fight a super mutant with an axe then both getting swarmed by 6 ghouls was hilarious.

Still havent come across any hostile players, though we did gang up on a player that was wanted. Poor guy ran and tried to hide in a container, only to trap himself and be greeted by our molotovs and frags.

I should've fucking researched this game before buying it for my 9 year old niece. She's been obsessed with fallout 4 and skyrim the past 2 years. I had no clue Bethesda changed their formula. Online only and no NPCs. The game froze 3 times in the first hour. She hates it, and so do I. Called gamestop to check out their return policy and they told me they can give me $25 for the game since its been opened. Fuck this glitchy ass game.

I should've fucking researched this game before buying it for my 9 year old niece. She's been obsessed with fallout 4 and skyrim the past 2 years. I had no clue Bethesda changed their formula. Online only and no NPCs. The game froze 3 times in the first hour. She hates it, and so do I. Called gamestop to check out their return policy and they told me they can give me $25 for the game since its been opened. Fuck this glitchy ass game.

Lmao what do you expect its bugthesda. This is the first game I am not buying from them. Its time people stop giving them a pass. After the shitshow that was fallout 4 and all the bugs in Skyrim I was done.

Enjoying the game so far. Put in 8 hours with two friends this morning and we kept saying how strange (in a good way) it felt playing co-op in a Fallout game. Watching my friend fight a super mutant with an axe then both getting swarmed by 6 ghouls was hilarious.

Still havent come across any hostile players, though we did gang up on a player that was wanted. Poor guy ran and tried to hide in a container, only to trap himself and be greeted by our molotovs and frags.
I came up against one who was at lvl 16 when I was lvl 5 that kept attacking me for 15-20 mins. It wasn't doing any real dmg because I didn't fight back but he killed a lvl 11 guy and that guy came back with a set of power armour. I decided to help the guy with power armour but the dick head ran into a church and dropped a couple land mines in the door way that killed the power armour guy then killed me with a couple shots.

Are you playing solo? Also, have you played AC Odyssey? I'd rate it up there for people who hated RDR2 because they wanted a faster pace with a ton of options.
Yeah I'm playing solo and swore off the AC series after Origins introduced monster fights.

No human NPC's is one of the most boneheaded design decision of all time.

Why the fuck would they think people want all of their story content to come from reading computer terminals?

Hard pass from me.

No NPCs? How do you buy stuff? Damn I was about to really buy this but I guess I might upgrade my hitman 1 to the rest of the episodes. I totally forgot I bought 3 episodes of it a year ago and never played it since I didn't upgrade my computer. Shit was a lag fest back then.

9 year old playing rated M games? :eek:

I've been reading impressions from the game sites this morning and this game still intrigues me, but it's still got like a 3.2 user review so I'm a little wary. If it were a 6 or 7 I'd say eh but over 1,000 reviews with an average like that...I dunno. Such a shame...I do like the concept but I wonder what went wrong.

I'll watch some videos and give it some more thought.

Last edited:
I want so bad to play and love this game but I’m put off by some of the reviews.

The no NPC thing is an absolute killer. I don't plan on buying this game.

No human NPC's is one of the most boneheaded design decision of all time.

Why the fuck would they think people want all of their story content to come from reading computer terminals?

Hard pass from me.
it's only 25 years after the Chinese blewup most the Eastern seaboard you're lucky there's feral ghouls and scorched running around and not just robots and creatures. In all seriousness though there should be NPCs around the map that are either Ghouls, other Vault Dwellers, or the BOS.

No NPCs? How do you buy stuff? Damn I was about to really buy this but I guess I might upgrade my hitman 1 to the rest of the episodes. I totally forgot I bought 3 episodes of it a year ago and never played it since I didn't upgrade my computer. Shit was a lag fest back then.
vendor bots

The no NPC thing is an absolute killer. I don't plan on buying this game.

Fallout for me is the NPCS. The only thing I don't like about the Fallout games is that there isn't ENOUGH npcs. Now they remove the one thing that makes the game interesting.

They have NPCs but they're all actual robots.

Back