What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Nice. Yeah, I love what Ruger is doing in the revolver market right now in both single and double action. The Vaquero is the standard for cowboy quick draw competitions right atm, no one touches them outside of perhaps some custom builds.

The sp101 is nice but I have large hands and my pinky slides off the bottom of the grip on those so I dig the gp100 more. That, and the GP100 has a stronger frame -while the sp101 is lighter, but most likely better for concealing. Both are great high quality pieces tho. My prediction is if Colt and S&W don’t step up their games Ruger is going to run the revolver market and eventually go up in price. But right now, as much as I love Smiths.. Ruger is just better. Especially when they can be had for almost 200$ less.

Now if they would just bring back the Hawkeye hunting rifles in a synthetic/stainless combination like they used to.....

Probably won't be making any black Friday purchases unfortunately. Next year however I will likely make some nice purchases.

Same here, I have enough right now and I ended up putting a bunch of $$$ into my truck so I’m a bit tapped out at the moment....unless something really rad pops up.

I dunno how pricing is down there, but when I bought my GP 100, like 6 years ago, they were significantly cheaper than a 686. Up here, while the exchange has made all guns more expensive, they're damned near the same price and if I were in a position to choose between the two when there's less than an $80 difference, I'd go with the Smith.

Just so I don't clutter the thread, I had just enough time to pick up my newer crutch, just before rifle season started:

2ayBMhE.jpg

While it's bulkier, it attaches to my pack better than my Primos sticks; those were just too damned long, yet to flimsy to be used as a walking stick and fuck if I'm just going to carry them.

SJzCHYu.jpg

What’s that pack??? A tarryall??? They have so much stuff I can’t even keep up any longer and when you get on their Facebook group I swear these motherfuckers buy a brand new kifaru setup every year.

I have a buddy like that, he just got a muskeg and that ultralight frame and was like “bro, you really need to ditch that fulcrum and tactical frame and get with the times”.....like what?!? This pack is awesome and it’s not even 2 years old....why sell it for half of what I paid then go drop 1k on a setup that’s going to be marginally different.

Whatever, it just seems like I spend a season getting a pack dialed in perfectly then when I have it dialed in I never have to mess with it again, and kifaru stuff lasts forever so why ditch a more or less brand new pack after a years use for another pack that’s got the zipper on the side rather than the back or something like that. I don’t get it.

My fulcrum and tactical frame is absolutely awesome, not perfect for every hunt but I think I spent like 850.00 or something for it 17 months ago, I just don’t see the need to basically give it away only to spend as much on something that won’t be better.

Rant off.

Kifaru stuff is awesome, the best really but when I’m going on shorter trips for sheep etc, my stone glacier solo is the shit, love that pack, I can comfortably get about 5 days out of it with my single person tent. Love that pack too.

I think my kifaru lost park parka is my all around favorite piece of hunting clothing I have, I absolutely love that thing, I was wearing it today.

What’s that pack??? A tarryall??? They have so much stuff I can’t even keep up any longer and when you get on their Facebook group I swear these motherfuckers buy a brand new kifaru setup every year.

I have a buddy like that, he just got a muskeg and that ultralight frame and was like “bro, you really need to ditch that fulcrum and tactical frame and get with the times”.....like what?!? This pack is awesome and it’s not even 2 years old....why sell it for half of what I paid then go drop 1k on a setup that’s going to be marginally different.

Whatever, it just seems like I spend a season getting a pack dialed in perfectly then when I have it dialed in I never have to mess with it again, and kifaru stuff lasts forever so why ditch a more or less brand new pack after a years use for another pack that’s got the zipper on the side rather than the back or something like that. I don’t get it.

My fulcrum and tactical frame is absolutely awesome, not perfect for every hunt but I think I spent like 850.00 or something for it 17 months ago, I just don’t see the need to basically give it away only to spend as much on something that won’t be better.

Rant off.

Kifaru stuff is awesome, the best really but when I’m going on shorter trips for sheep etc, my stone glacier solo is the shit, love that pack, I can comfortably get about 5 days out of it with my single person tent. Love that pack too.

I think my kifaru lost park parka is my all around favorite piece of hunting clothing I have, I absolutely love that thing, I was wearing it today.
It's a Kifaru Door Gunner, 16ish L, internal frame day pack. I eventually want a Crater/Cavern (whichever one is smaller) but I need to get a better feel for the shelter/overnight situation first. Currently, for the type of hunting I do; which are day trips on a few sections of private land, it serves my purposes.

Yeah, I think "latest and greatest" isn't really the point of buying such expensive shit; it's expensive because it's supposed to last a really long time.

I saw a doe and fawns fight off a lone coyote yesterday. I wish I had remembered to record a video, I had my DSLR in the truck too.

For some reason I thought you were a family man. Ooops.

What's on your "to buy" list?

Nope, probably should start looking for a good one to settle down with though.

Too many things.

First of next year will likely be suppresors. If Noveske ever drops their "Fucker Upper" (10mm PCC). Maybe a Q Honey Badger (2 stamp). Maybe a 6.5 AR build. Optics. Finish some AR projects I currently have. CZ scorpion if SiCo ever ships my free Octane 9. Not really sure 100%.

It's a Kifaru Door Gunner, 16ish L, internal frame day pack. I eventually want a Crater/Cavern (whichever one is smaller) but I need to get a better feel for the shelter/overnight situation first. Currently, for the type of hunting I do; which are day trips on a few sections of private land, it serves my purposes.

Yeah, I think "latest and greatest" isn't really the point of buying such expensive shit; it's expensive because it's supposed to last a really long time.

I saw a doe and fawns fight off a lone coyote yesterday. I wish I had remembered to record a video, I had my DSLR in the truck too.

I got my fulcrum when it was brand new, I also upgraded my older kifaru frame for the tactics frame, it’s been awesome. When the crater and the cavern came out everybody was ranting and raving like they were going to be the next best thing but all they did was put a zip on the side which IMO gives less access than the center zip like the fulcrum, I also like the wing pockets, those are super useful and the way they close makes a lot of options for strapping gear on there.

I had a mountain warrior on an old bikini frame and it was a good setup but but I wanted a real hauler rather than a sort of in between pack, the reckoning had just come out and they were promising an even bigger bag than the DT1 which was what I initially wanted but I waited and I’m glad I did. The fulcrum is awesome, packs down for day use but can easily load up for a 10 day trip.

I got my fulcrum when it was brand new, I also upgraded my older kifaru frame for the tactics frame, it’s been awesome. When the crater and the cavern came out everybody was ranting and raving like they were going to be the next best thing but all they did was put a zip on the side which IMO gives less access than the center zip like the fulcrum, I also like the wing pockets, those are super useful and the way they close makes a lot of options for strapping gear on there.

I had a mountain warrior on an old bikini frame and it was a good setup but but I wanted a real hauler rather than a sort of in between pack, the reckoning had just come out and they were promising an even bigger bag than the DT1 which was what I initially wanted but I waited and I’m glad I did. The fulcrum is awesome, packs down for day use but can easily load up for a 10 day trip.
My original intent was to maybe, eventually upgrade to a Nomad 2 and have the Door Gunner sit in the middle as a "main bag", but it's too small to do that, IMO. If I ever upgrade, and that's a big "if", I envision the Door Gunner becoming more of a dedicated ruck/trainer, which is kinda how I used it in the summer before the actual season started.

Nope, probably should start looking for a good one to settle down with though.

Too many things.

First of next year will likely be suppresors. If Noveske ever drops their "Fucker Upper" (10mm PCC). Maybe a Q Honey Badger (2 stamp). Maybe a 6.5 AR build. Optics. Finish some AR projects I currently have. CZ scorpion if SiCo ever ships my free Octane 9. Not really sure 100%.

I just got myself a scorpion the other day, waiting for it to arrive next week. If I like the platform Ill suppress it

My fix rifle by Q is in Anchorage now, I’ll be able to get it next time I make a trip in to town.

My fix rifle by Q is in Anchorage now, I’ll be able to get it next time I make a trip in to town.

Nice! Let me know what you think of it. Regular or proof carbon barrel?

.308?

You getting one of their suppressors?

Nice! Let me know what you think of it. Regular or proof carbon barrel?

.308?

You getting one of their suppressors?

Regular barrel 308, I do plan on getting one or more of their suppressors. I probably won’t be able to pick this thing up for at least a month or 2 but that gives me time to figure out exactly what scope I want to get for it.

I ended up selling my nightforce SHV a few days ago and got a 2nd SWFA 3-15 mil/mil, I’m going straight mil, MOA is dead to me lol. I’ll peobably pick up the swfa 3-9 HD mil/mil for my kimber down the road.

Also, I scored an old Ruger 77 tang safety in 30-06 with an old vx-II on it for 225.00, I didn’t need it but for the price and condition of a sort of rare and daughters after rifle I figured what the hell. No plans or anything for it, but I bet I could easily sell it for 5-600 bucks or just put it behind the seat of my Tacoma and make it a truck gun.

Back