What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Purchased a CZ Scorpion PISTOL albeit with the carbine length handguard on a great deal.

With some effort (and some tools I used once and will be returning to the store!), I managed to swap out the carbine length handguard with a pistol length on this thing. Removing the barrel nut can be a fucking epic for alot of people it seems. Luckily I didnt have too much trouble.

Cleaned the grease up and time to put a dent in the 1000 rounds 9mm I picked up. Also need to look for a compensator/flash hider for the end.

(Had to remove photo didnt realize my serial was visible)

Purchased a CZ Scorpion PISTOL albeit with the carbine length handguard on a great deal.

With some effort (and some tools I used once and will be returning to the store!), I managed to swap out the carbine length handguard with a pistol length on this thing. Removing the barrel nut can be a fucking epic for alot of people it seems. Luckily I didnt have too much trouble.

Cleaned the grease up and time to put a dent in the 1000 rounds 9mm I picked up. Also need to look for a compensator/flash hider for the end.

(Had to remove photo didnt realize my serial was visible)

How's the trigger? I've read they are horribly heavy. I know they make some spring kits that cut the weight in half.

Kinda want...but man, is that an ugly fucking gun.

Taking a shot in the dark; @bushman505, any recommendations on a meat grinder? I'm kinda set on either a LEM or Weston, #8 size.

How's the trigger? I've read they are horribly heavy. I know they make some spring kits that cut the weight in half.

It is heavy, but I'm not a competition shooter so it is fine for my purposes. I might change it out when Ive used it more since it's only $9.

I also very much like the magazine release, despite most people seemingly changing that out. The iron sights look excellent, 4 different reticule size options.

Feels very VERY comfortable in the firing position.

Kinda want...but man, is that an ugly fucking gun.

Taking a shot in the dark; @bushman505, any recommendations on a meat grinder? I'm kinda set on either a LEM or Weston, #8 size.

Oh gosh man....I’ve used tons of them over the years, both LEM and Weston make good ones and I honestly can’t point out the good or bad between the 2. Cabelas makes some good ones as well. One thing I’ll say is that you should get a more powerful one than you think you’ll need.

When I was growing up my dad had a commercial one from a grocery store that was shutting down, we had it out in a shed and that thing was a beast.

Anyways, yeah LEM or Weston, maybe lean more towards Weston. I personally don’t own one, so many people have them that I don’t really need them. I do have a LEM hand crank out at my shack but I havnt even been there since 2016.

I prefer a somewhat heavier trigger on a home defense gun. I want something I can toss my wife before telling her lock the door behind me and heading out to meet the threat. I don’t want the break to surprise her if she’s forced to use it in a fight. That is the only real role a PCC would fill for me. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I prefer a somewhat heavier trigger on a home defense gun. I want something I can toss my wife before telling her lock the door behind me and heading out to meet the threat. I don’t want the break to surprise her if she’s forced to use it in a fight. That is the only real role a PCC would fill for me. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

For me I don't mind the heavier trigger either since I'm not putting down 500 rounds a day on the range with it. A good marksman at any range should be able to overcome minor issues like a slightly heavier trigger regardless of range or threat.

Saying that, $9 for a pressure reduction of 10lbs to 5lbs aint bad...just have to wait until next month so the wife doesn't see a list of gun related shit on our bank card haha

For me I don't mind the heavier trigger either since I'm not putting down 500 rounds a day on the range with it. A good marksman at any range should be able to overcome minor issues like a slightly heavier trigger regardless of range or threat.

Saying that, $9 for a pressure reduction of 10lbs to 5lbs aint bad...just have to wait until next month so the wife doesn't see a list of gun related shit on our bank card haha
I’m sort of in the doghouse myself for the same reason bud. I plan on making up for it during Christmas!

I’m sort of in the doghouse myself for the same reason bud. I plan on making up for it during Christmas!

Lol what have you bought? Im selling 400rds of 308 ammo or might just trade it for a red dot. Problem is with black friday noone is selling their red dots cheap (that are privately owned)

Lol what have you bought? Im selling 400rds of 308 ammo or might just trade it for a red dot. Problem is with black friday noone is selling their red dots cheap (that are privately owned)
I’ll pm you. I’m not too keen on going into that sort of detail on a public forum.

I’d like a Galil Ace in 308, but that price tag is just a gutpunch when a decent AR10 is a few hundred cheaper.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

After some tinkering and part replacements I'm happy with this thing. I use the hand stops in this way because of the way I separate my fingers and rest thum when firing this tiny weapon

Last edited:
I want a Honey Badger

Q-TP-HoneyBadger-Right-Closed_2048x2048__52718.1533068693.1280.1280.jpg

img_0785.jpg

After pouring over maps for the past month while planning a sheep hunt, I find myself torn. Do I mess with a chassis or go back to a lighter rifle set up for what is potentially going to turn into a 70+ mile hike....

After pouring over maps for the past month while planning a sheep hunt, I find myself torn. Do I mess with a chassis or go back to a lighter rifle set up for what is potentially going to turn into a 70+ mile hike....
I'd go with the lighter setup. I don't the comparative weights of chassis vs. lightweight rifle, but I bet after 70 miles you would prefer the lightweight rifle. I haven't seen any videos where guys have switched to a chassis and got considerably better accuracy.

I'd go with the lighter setup. I don't the comparative weights of chassis vs. lightweight rifle, but I bet after 70 miles you would prefer the lightweight rifle. I haven't seen any videos where guys have switched to a chassis and got considerably better accuracy.

For me the chassis isn’t really about accuracy as much as getting a perfect fit and having more consistency.

It’s also pretty tough to get a chassis system under 9-10lbs if you actually want to take advantage of any of the nicer features (side folders, nice stocks, nice handles etc). I have a kimber Montana 308 that has a leupold vx3i 2.5-8x36 o. It which weighs 6lbs loaded with 4 rounds in it. I’ve used it for sheep hunts in the past and it’s an awesome gun.

Right now I’m considering taking one of my tikkas for this hunt, I have a 6.5creedmoore with a few upgrades from mountain tactical which is an absolute tack driver and a 300wsm sitting in a chassis.

For me the chassis isn’t really about accuracy as much as getting a perfect fit and having more consistency.

It’s also pretty tough to get a chassis system under 9-10lbs if you actually want to take advantage of any of the nicer features (side folders, nice stocks, nice handles etc). I have a kimber Montana 308 that has a leupold vx3i 2.5-8x36 o. It which weighs 6lbs loaded with 4 rounds in it. I’ve used it for sheep hunts in the past and it’s an awesome gun.

Right now I’m considering taking one of my tikkas for this hunt, I have a 6.5creedmoore with a few upgrades from mountain tactical which is an absolute tack driver and a 300wsm sitting in a chassis.
If you're ok with carrying the extra weight and the chassis fits you better then go with the chassis. If the chassis system feels more comfortable when shooting in field conditions i.e not off a bench rest then that is worth something. Plus, being able to collapse the stock may make for an easier carry. Hopefully you only need to take a single shot so it may be a moot point.

If you're ok with carrying the extra weight and the chassis fits you better then go with the chassis. If the chassis system feels more comfortable when shooting in field conditions i.e not off a bench rest then that is worth something. Plus, being able to collapse the stock may make for an easier carry. Hopefully you only need to take a single shot so it may be a moot point.

I’m strongly considering dropping the $$$ on a manners stock for one on the tikkas to use on this hunt. I’m still trying to decide also which rifle to take over seas for my other sheep hunt. I’m really liking the 6.5creed but I’m still not 100% sold on its effect on tough animals, hard for me to leave my 308 at home.

Also for hunting here in Alaska where bears are a thing, I wonder about the 6.5 sometimes, I suppose if I take the 6.5, I can have my wife carry it while we hike and I can keep the 12g ready.

Back