Far Cry is going post apocalyptic In the next instalment

I wish Far Cry would go back to making quality games like Far Cry 3

*Sigh*

No, Ubisoft, stop trying to get my money.

In all seriousness, was FC5 really a sequel or just another full-price expansion pack for FC3 like FC4 was?

Different setting.
Small improvements.
Better Story.
Interesting Villain.
Nothing really unexpected, other than a few moments that were surprising.

I wish Far Cry would go back to making quality games like Far Cry 3

If they could meld a game that is 80/20 Fc3-FC2, that would be the game of the century. I loved the fire propagation, weapon jamming, injuries (overhaul and improve that system) and some of the other smaller survival-esque stuff from 2.

*Sigh*

No, Ubisoft, stop trying to get my money.

In all seriousness, was FC5 really a sequel or just another full-price expansion pack for FC3 like FC4 was?

Different setting.
Small improvements.
Better Story.
Interesting Villain.
Nothing really unexpected, other than a few moments that were surprising.

I thought FC5 had a

Great setting
Small Improvements
Lame, predictable story
Cliched as hell villians (especially hipster Davey Koresh)
Everything seen down the pipe hours before, save the end.

Far Cry 3 while outlandish and ridiculous was somewhat believable compared to Far Cry 5. Far Cry 4 was kind of believable if far fetched.
Far Cry 3 had a strong villain who was unpredictable yet likable, it kind of lost steam when you killed Vaas and moved onto Hoyt. The ending was great with the options of saving your friends, or finishing your evolution into a lunatic just like Vaas and Citra.
The location was great and never felt that bland.

Far Cry 4 had an interesting villain who just simply wasn't in the game enough. The allies were bland and transparent and the location felt copy pasted over the entire game.

Far Cry 5 had a bunch of hipster losers, a bullshittingly lame drug storyline and some of the most boring locations in any Far Cry game.

I'm interested. Being so soon after the release of the last in the series, it's not far-fetched to exclude overhauls to the most recent engine, setting, and what have you from what they're already cooking up. (Bliss joke for the win)

As long as it's not a flagrant reskin, I'm likely in. There was a lot to like about FC5 – inescapable kidnappings and time-trials aside, but above all, I remember having fun havoc-wreaking in Hope County.

*Hopeless County, FC6 :D

And I wish for a proper warehouse of makeshift weaponry to choose from in my Montana hellscape. Poison-tipped saw blades, tripwire systems, electric-fence noosing, more nuanced scoping and sniping mechanics, flash-grenade drone payloads… Let us bang, Ubi.

Last roadsign read this way to Helena:

mypv7FR.gif

So the name of the game and its box art have allegedly leaked. Apparently it’s going to be called Far Cry: New Dawn but I don’t know about this cover art.

far-cry-new-dawn.jpg

Well, looks like we’ve got a couple women of colour teaching some white man a lesson. If that’s not the most blatant SJW pandering I’ve ever seen by a game developer then I don’t know what could top it.

So the name of the game and its box art have allegedly leaked. Apparently it’s going to be called Far Cry: New Dawn but I don’t know about this cover art.

far-cry-new-dawn.jpg

Well, looks like we’ve got a couple women of colour teaching some white man a lesson. If that’s not the most blatant SJW pandering I’ve ever seen by a game developer then I don’t know what could top it.
Looks like tumblr "art".

ok ill be the first to say this. Fuck the Far cry games, they're gotten seriously boring and predictable. Blood dragon 2? How about go back to the FC1 with mutants and para military shit, im getting kinda bored with FC series

far-cry-new-dawn.jpg

Isn't this suppose to be immediately following the detonation of a nuclear bomb?

far-cry-new-dawn.jpg

Doesn't it give you pause to think:
#1: White male protagonist killing mutants and mercenaries
#2: White male protagonist killing mostly Africans and some white mercenaries
#3: White male protagonist killing mostly non-white Islanders and some white mercenaries
#4: Asian male protagonist killing mostly Asians and some white mercenaries
??: Female characters shown threatening a White male.

So for some reason, that last line stands out to you as having some ulterior motive?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back