The All Encompassing Drum & Bass Thread - Liquid/Neuro/Darkstep/Hardstyle/Etc.

Wrong thread but not a lot of active electronic threads on the Abbey Road (except for the synth thread and this isn't really future or darkwave) and you guy are all cool, so here goes.

Have you guys heard of Witchhouse before? Just found out about this micro-genre and it's wicked pun intended.

I really love it's very dark and dank undertones. It just exudes dreariness. Reminds me of a cyberpunk version of Lorn or Pixelord.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_house_(genre)

Maybe we should create a micro-genre tronic thread to celebrate very niche or obscure spinoffs of trance, house, dnb etc.

Witch House was a thing around 2009-2013. I think it all started with Fever Ray. Is it still popular?

I dunno I just heard some Sidewalks and Skeletons from a video game called Ruiner. Dug around on YT and Spotifyand heard some playlists and remixes and found it. I fucking LOVE this shit. Most playlists I found were like 1 year old so it must still be popular.

This is like Doom Metal, Industrial heavy ass drums and Neurofunk all wrapped up.

Mwah!

Fuark this is sooo good..

Last edited:
Dbridge and Skeptical absolutely smashing it on the first video.

keep this shit alive by myself if i have to!

Good fucking work bruv, Jungle never dies!!!

I just recently moved house so I've been mega lax on the music front. Back in the game now though.

Quality from track you posted from Amit, he's been smashing it this year.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to all the Underground Bass heads. May your new year be filled with low frequencies, fat speaker stacks and banging tunes.

Peace!!!!

Last edited:
yea happy holiday yo. Big big big bass music releases i can't even keep up Im subscribed to so many artists channels. I've gotten so many Dubstep, DNb records lately I might started recording mixes again bedroom dj crew.

Yes bruv get on it!!!! I'm gonna order a load of new mixing equipment in the next month or two and get back on recording some mixes. I'm itching to lay down some new sets.

Safe for the free download @TribalDrumz been rinsing that nuff today. Loving that Mampi Swift tune and that Spirit tribute as well.

Have you got any rave/gigs coming up at all? I've got a few lined up over the next few months. Next saturday im going to Soundcrash to see Ghostface killah, Akala, Roni Size, Calibre, Marky, DMZ, Loefah, Ocean Wisdom and Khan & Neek.

Andy C is also doing a 3 month residency, playing every friday with different line ups, bought tickets for 3 separate nights. 1st one is Shy FX, Benny L, Shimon and Kronical. Next one is Randall, Breakage and LFM and the last one the closing party with Andy C playing all night.

Last edited:
Just downloaded this Digital Album called Synthesis. Each tune is a collaboration, thought i'd post all the ones he did with Spirit.

New Digital album is great as always.
@SenorFranko go to shows/parties clubs all the time. Not so much massive rave festivals anymore. Lots of Dj's here in Los Angeles flying in to play at Clubs. Just seen JKENZO! he tore it up. Also 6blocc on the weekly. We have a drum and bass/jungle/dubstep club called Respect on Melrose ave in downtown LA. Every week they bring in big acts. I'm thankful promoters still keeping that underground sound alive.

Still not like the music scene in UK/europe but still big things happening here in LA.

Can't wait for this one this week. Artificial Intelligence is sick as fuck. Ed Rush and Optical coming soon.
3SIWx7W.jpg

Awesome mate. Sounds like you've got a good underground scene happening in LA. There are many places i've been to in the UK that don't even touch D+B/Jungle/Dubstep/Techno so its pretty sick that you have weekly things going on where you are. I'm a big fan of Artificial Intelligence, they have produced so many top tunes over the years but i've never seen them live. They seem to play in the US quite a lot.

Ed Rush & Optical should be DOPE!!!!!

Last edited:
Back