What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Yeah still waiting on my maxim 9. Hoping that clears sometime soon.

If eforms are that fast I'll probably add a couple more to my collection.

Have you handled any Q products?
Yeah we got a number of honey badger sbr’s and pistols. And a few trash panda cans to go with em

Yeah we got a number of honey badger sbr’s and pistols. And a few trash panda cans to go with em

What are your thoughts on them?

Did you get a 2 stamp honey badger?

Q-TP-HoneyBadger-Right-Closed_2048x2048.jpg

Sweet shooters but too gaudy for my taste. The crea kite job on em is fairly shit and scratches quick. Worse offender is that the button on the stock that allows it to adjust has like a metallic film on it that comes off pretty quick, we had to take them off our display wall because how fragile they were aesthetically

Sweet shooters but too gaudy for my taste. The crea kite job on em is fairly shit and scratches quick. Worse offender is that the button on the stock that allows it to adjust has like a metallic film on it that comes off pretty quick, we had to take them off our display wall because how fragile they were aesthetically

Wow that's disappointing to hear.

The clear anodized hard coat is supposed to be durable.

I've always wondered why manufacturers don't use powder coat instead of cerakote. I was looking at a Browning Hells Canyon rifle and like the look of it until I saw the scratches in the cerakote on the barrel. I showed them to the dealer and he basically told me that scratches are inevitable with cerakote. All I could think of was what the barrel would look like it if it rubbed up against a tree. I think Sig has had some issues with the cerakote coming off of their pistols in the areas where the slide rubs against the inside of a holster.

I've always wondered why manufacturers don't use powder coat instead of cerakote. I was looking at a Browning Hells Canyon rifle and like the look of it until I saw the scratches in the cerakote on the barrel. I showed them to the dealer and he basically told me that scratches are inevitable with cerakote. All I could think of was what the barrel would look like it if it rubbed up against a tree. I think Sig has had some issues with the cerakote coming off of their pistols in the areas where the slide rubs against the inside of a holster.

I had a weatherby vanguard backcountry which I used as my main rifle for a season or 2. It had a ceracoated barrel/action. It took a pretty solid smack on a rock and sort of gouged or chipped the ceracoat, rust got under it and I ended up having to send it to a ceracoat place to get it sanded off or bead blasted or whatever they do and patched, you could tell it had been worked on which really knocked the value down when I decided to sell it.

I wish stuff like that didn’t bother me but it just always irked me so I sold it and only got like 600 dollars for that 1200 dollar rifle.

Now I do t bother with finishes, it’s stainless all the way.

Pretty surprised how quick everything shipped. Usually this time of year shipping and processing is a shit show.

Got my MRO, EFAB, BCG'S and V7 ultralight port door rod from a Sat order.

I really wanna buy some shit. But I need to spend the money on existing projects. That includes some cerakoting and sending the CZ 97B off to Cajun Gun Works for them to work it over. Wouldn't mind a couple more of those Black Dog .22lr AR15 50rd. drums.

Just dropped mountain tactical bottom metal into both of my tikkas, changed some scope rings around too. Going to make a call to the silencer shop in the next week or 2 and get a can.

Love my Tavor. Set the Geissele Lightning bow too light. I've got a bullpup rifle with a hair-trigger!! Since tearing it back apart is required, might as well convert it to 9mm. Just ordered the conversion kit. Only problem is I gotta convert it from right to left. Oh well. Thinking it'll be well-worth it.

I have an irrational desire to brass plate the frame of my Ruger Single Six and put some nicer grips on it. Probably because I've been playing too much Red Dead Redemption 2 lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back