Favorite songs in a language you can't understand.

years and years ago i got a bunch of Huun Huur Tu albums, and they had some really amazing music.

there's great stuff in all their albums, but i love their collaboration with a Bulgarian choir:

also love this old video of Huun Huur Tu members singing with Kongar-ol Ondar:

and Ondar on David Letterman is a classic too:

I love me some throat singing, I had to learn it as soon as I saw it. I would practice for hours while sitting alone at the pool I worked at and during drives. Hurts if you do it wrong but once you relax the back of your throat it's smooth sailing. The more whistle like overtone singing is tough, I'm not sure I hear it quite right when I do it.

I really dig Khusugtun, I just wish they had more than three songs available.

Mexican Metal-Luzbel

Slovak Rock-Tublatanka

Japanese Alt Rock-Asian Kung Fu Generation

Japanese Metal-X aka X Japan

Spanish American Metal-Nonpoint

Faroese Folk Metal-Tyr (Just as good if not better in English)

x-japan is so great. one of the bands that opened my eyes (ears) to a new genre of music after i heard them.
Best hair in music history too, no doubt. They're a trip with some of their lyrics and imagery but solid musicians that have made some great music.

Opera amazes me, judge me all you want.

Italian-Enrico Caruso

German-Lucia Pop

French-Rachele Gilmore

Last edited:
Bulgarian Folk-The Bulgarian Voices Angelite and Huun Huur Tu

Gotta include a couple Japanese pro wrestling themes.

Minoru Suzuki's theme by Ayumi Nakamura is great, gives me chills every time the crowd sings "Kaze Ni Nare" in unison. I pray we get to see Suzuki walk out when I see New Japan in Madison Square Garden in April.

Jushin Liger has the theme of his anime namesake like Tiger Mask, not as corny but just as good.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot, I think a lot of the foreign music I like happens to be instrumentals but I don't mind foreign languages at all. I can't actually understand lyrics anyway 99% of the time so it's really not different from my regular experience.

I can't get this song out of my head when I hear it, stupid chill.

Korean House-Yaeji

Edit: was watching the TUF finales and just realized that Antonina Shevchenko uses this as her entrance song. I think I love her even more than I already did.

Last edited:
I can't believe I forgot Selena, I feel like such an asshole.

Maximum Hormone
220px-Buiikikaesu_Front.jpg

Me first and the gimme gimmies
R-3116358-1363471990-6098.jpeg.jpg

I think most of it is in English but a lot of death metal ha ha

With all the gamers on Sherdog, surprised this has not come up yet.

Back