Name 3 movies you found actually scary. Lesser know ones if you can.

They are movies dude. No different than adults watching any other fantasy movie or space fantasy like Star Wars or Trek or way out there action movie, or hell anything Disney.

I almost never watch Superheroes movies but I have to agree with you. Each their own, no sense in trying to prove one genre preference is superior. That said, I don't watch Disney films, Toy story nor Star Wars. I'm probably one of the VERY few people that haven't watched a single Star Wars film.

To contribute to the thread:
Session 9 - slow paced horror, missed by mainstream but apparently loved by horror buffs and nowadays it's mentioned frequently in threads like this.

Funny Games - not exactly horror for me but I guess it is for some and it fit. I rarely see people recommend it.

To start, I will say, Last Shift, the original woman in black, and Salems Lot. Plus the Night Stalker. Those are some scary movies that I think a lot of people haven't seen these days. Add in!!

Suspiria
Rosemary’s Baby
An American Werewolf in London
An-American-Werewolf-in-London.png

I could name more than 3, without even having watched them, its scary how many people {''adults'' by chronology } have bought into comic books movies, grow the fuck up. <{hughesimpress}>

"STOP LIKING THINGS I DONT LIKE!!!! IDIOTS!!!!!"

chill the hell out bro.

The Revenant
That bear scene was terrifying

Good job spoiling the main part of the movie on the off chance TS knows literally nothing about the movie

Oh oh oh TS one that is newer and tremendously underrated is Autopsy of Jane Doe.

That movie is fucking AWESOME

The Descent
Shutter
Autopsy Of Jane Doe
Sinister

Dont pick just one. Watch all 4 of these.

Event Horizon creeped me out but I was 14 and high af watching it.

To start, I will say, Last Shift, the original woman in black, and Salems Lot. Plus the Night Stalker. Those are some scary movies that I think a lot of people haven't seen these days. Add in!!

None. I've never been scared by a movie. The closest I came was Alice, Sweet Alice. I thought the fat man with the cats was creepy.

The only thing that ever actually scared me, ironically, was a video game. It was Friday the 13th on the NES. I don't know why, exactly. I was up late playing it alone in the basement. I'm not sure which aspect got to me. Maybe it was the alarm that went off when Jason was killing the kids, seeing their numbers going down as they get slaughtered, trying to get to the camp with slow ass Paul or Debbie, and then searching for Jason in the cabin, who suddenly appears with the swooshing sound.

And then of course you had the game over screen, which to me was the most epic in video game history:

maxresdefault.jpg

Evil Within is scary at times in a very uncomfortable way. I love movies in which you get deep into maincharacters head when he/she is really losing it. Mulholland Drive has a great slowburning dread of being on a skid to despair and madness.

For supernatural horror Ring, Grudge and Dark Waters gave me the same scare level as Omen did as a teenager.

This is more gradually unnerving that outright scary, although Isabelle Adjani goes completely batshit at one point and it's mental. It's like watching someone explode with rabies or protest Trump or something. Real gem of a film
Great movie. Adjani seems to be on her own personal trip all the time, which makes it pretty scary. Without her Possession would probably have been just another East European absurdist Kafka pastiche.

Trilogy of Terror, a made for TV movie from the '70's scared the shit out of me when I was like 9.

th
th
th
th
The first episode was pretty lame, but looks like I need to finish this. Karen Black was great in Burnt Offerings too.

Movies have to have a sense of realism in order for me to be scared by them.

Signs - Hey, I believe aliens exist in some form or another. The way their presence is kept to a minimum was good and when they are revealed it's quick and startling.

The Decent - Caving where there are tight crevices to squeeze through is one of those things that's on my "Nope" list. The creatures being down there was almost an afterthought.

Open Water - Never actually seen it. It's too real for me, and I don't want the thoughts of it in my head if I go diving.

They are movies dude. No different than adults watching any other fantasy movie or space fantasy like Star Wars or Trek or way out there action movie, or hell anything Disney.

Yea, never understood that concept of "You've been alive this number of years, now your taste must change."

The first Sinister really freaked me out.

-Horror in the home
- Monster that was actually very unnerving to even look at
- Brutal scenes that catch you off-guard

Some scenes still spook me to this day. Shame the sequel was trash.

Even Horizon is permanently etched in my brain. Saw it once and that was enough.

Someone posted a tribute thread about it a few months ago.

I remember before I watched it, I thought it was just going to be a sci fi movie about space travel.

As a kid Jaws.. scared the living shit out of me .. i think i was about 6 when I saw it at the theatre!!! fucking scared me for life lol..

Other than that ,,

Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1978 .. wow this is the ultimate paranoid movie, even today when i watch it, it scares me .. and I know whats coming.

SInister, very underated.

Eden Lake, @Zer says its very good, and i'd agree

Last edited:
VHS. The one where kids break into this old dudes house to find he’s dead.

Only ever seen one movie in my whole life which actually scared me. Had to have the light on at night for a while after watching this as a kid.

81Dyk7BvgRL._SX342_.jpg

32650610620_3bab25b716_z.jpg

Back