***The Official Sanctioned Alvarez vs Fielding RBR Thread 12/15 DAZN***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hope this isn’t an indication of what’s to come for Canelo. Shit was a disgusting mismatch. Not exactly enticing me to keep DAZN after the free trials up.

You won't have 11 elite matchups for the DAZN contract expect 4 elite level matches and 6 more mediocre to bad beatdowns at best for Canelo after Jacobs, Andrade, Charlo and GGG again pickings are slim...Murata, BJS, Munguia the other Charlo some new guys...

YEAH BABY

Our boy Saul gonna throw fast and hard tonight.

It's an 'interesting' matchup with Fielding's "rocky" nickname and the reasoning behind it - along with his height advantage.
But there's no chance he's going to win this.

Saul's got what, 10 more fights in his contract after this? They say that Danny Jacobs is gonna be ringside tonight... Any thoughts on him fighting Canelo in the near future @RR ?

Oscar is pissed at Danny still so probably not. It's so childish but it is what it is. That's what you get from a cross dressing coke head.

He also knows that Danny beats Canelo. Nobody wants to fight him. Even twin has backed off.

I don't want to shit on Canelo because if the money was right he'd fight him but this is squarely on Rupauldelahoya.

Oscar is pissed at Danny still so probably not. It's so childish but it is what it is. That's what you get from a cross dressing coke head.

He also knows that Danny beats Canelo. Nobody wants to fight him. Even twin has backed off.

I don't want to shit on Canelo because if the money was right he'd fight him but this is squarely on Rupauldelahoya.

That's pretty much the most interesting matchup in boxing today.

Boxing won't die anytime soon, but it will remain annoying as fuck for decades.

That's pretty much the most interesting matchup in boxing today.

Boxing won't die anytime soon, but it will remain annoying as fuck for decades.

I think so too. One thing that was made a point of emphasis to Oscar was how he likes to hang his hat on fighting the best of the best. Ike, Sweet Pea, Shane, ect... he did that. I'm by no means comparing Danny's resume to that but he will fight anyone. There's not a single big fight he's walked away from. Always made it work.

It's frustrating for sure. There's enough money to go around. I'm a fan too beyond business. Hopefully we can piss Canelo off enough for him to tell Oscar to fuck off and make the fight. They unfortunately have 300 million reasons not to with the DAZN deal Got the Gennady fight done so knows

I think so too. One thing that was made a point of emphasis to Oscar was how he likes to hang his hat on fighting the best of the best. Ike, Sweet Pea, Shane, ect... he did that. I'm by no means comparing Danny's resume to that but he will fight anyone. There's not a single big fight he's walked away from. Always made it work.

It's frustrating for sure. There's enough money to go around. I'm a fan too beyond business. Hopefully we can piss Canelo off enough for him to tell Oscar to fuck off and make the fight. They unfortunately have 300 million reasons not to with the DAZN deal Got the Gennady fight done so knows

Also, Danny is so fucking big he'd arguably be better at 168. I guess it doesn't help the fight to be made at SMW. Will Canelo get back to 160 or will he wait for GGG at 168 ?

On a side note, I guess winning a GGG rematch would be Danny's best chance to get the Canelo fight. Is a GGG rematch a possibility ?

Doesn’t DAZN have any say in who he fights? I just thought they might seeing as they’re putting up so much money for him. In my mind mismatches like the one that occurred last night are bad for boxing, Canelo and DAZN too. Nobody wants to watch shit like that.

Also, Danny is so fucking big he'd arguably be better at 168. I guess it doesn't help the fight to be made at SMW. Will Canelo get back to 160 or will he wait for GGG at 168 ?

On a side note, I guess winning a GGG rematch would be Danny's best chance to get the Canelo fight. Is a GGG rematch a possibility ?

On a crazy note, he was willing to fight Adonis. Danny is huge no question. I thought it was an easy fight. YOR health is great but he would have probably ended up like RJJ in hindsight. He eats like crazy if he's not cutting. Canelo can make 60 he's going to dictate weights. Hard to see him taking a fight there he can't win. Probably will see a lot of catch weight fights if they're high profile. He beats twin if I'm being honest

I don't think so. Gennady is content to cash out and I get it. Doesn't make sense to fight Danny unless the guarantees make up for the purse

Doesn’t DAZN have any say in who he fights? I just thought they might seeing as they’re putting up so much money for him. In my mind mismatches like the one that occurred last night are bad for boxing, Canelo and DAZN too. Nobody wants to watch shit like that.

They do but they don't want him to lose. He's their cash cow. I think it's a decent business model but in terms of good fights meh. You'll see much better on guys only hardcore fans know at lower weights

On a crazy note, he was willing to fight Adonis. Danny is huge no question. I thought it was an easy fight. YOR health is great but he would have probably ended up like RJJ in hindsight. He eats like crazy if he's not cutting. Canelo can make 60 he's going to dictate weights. Hard to see him taking a fight there he can't win. Probably will see a lot of catch weight fights if they're high profile. He beats twin if I'm being honest

I don't think so. Gennady is content to cash out and I get it. Doesn't make sense to fight Danny unless the guarantees make up for the purse

Well, this is Canelo's world right now so catchweights will be difficult to avoid, I guess.

I thought GGG could be interested in fighting Danny again to get a third Canelo paycheck, but I get your point. Maybe Canelo will sign for a third Gennady fight anyway because he's the biggest money fight right now. Furthermore I think retirement would actually be the smartest option for GGG. Better ride in the sunset after a legendary fight than a beatdown.

They do but they don't want him to lose. He's their cash cow. I think it's a decent business model but in terms of good fights meh. You'll see much better on guys only hardcore fans know at lower weights
Well I hope they get a little less protective of him in the future. And I hope Danny gets a good fight soon. People should be lining up to face him now that he’s got a title, not scattering.

Well, this is Canelo's world right now so catchweights will be difficult to avoid, I guess.

I thought GGG could be interested in fighting Danny again to get a third Canelo paycheck, but I get your point. Maybe Canelo will sign for a third Gennady fight anyway because he's the biggest money fight right now. Furthermore I think retirement would actually be the smartest option for GGG. Better ride in the sunset after a legendary fight than a beatdown.

That it is. Danny wouldn't care but they are going to be hard pressed to find guys who are willing to take a pay cut. I'd honestly like to see Canelo fight E once he ckeans out the division. They would be a similar weight but that's a conversation for a different day.

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes one more big money fight (it's Canelo if anyone) and takes the retirement tour. He said to us he had 3 fights left. That expired. Would have loved to have the rematch though although it wouldn't prove much. Danny beat him. I know this and so do they

Well I hope they get a little less protective of him in the future. And I hope Danny gets a good fight soon. People should be lining up to face him now that he’s got a title, not scattering.

So does he. You never know. Maybe Oscar will grow a set as a promoter <PlusJuan>

Well that went how I thought it might have. No business being in there with canelo. None.

That it is. Danny wouldn't care but they are going to be hard pressed to find guys who are willing to take a pay cut. I'd honestly like to see Canelo fight E once he ckeans out the division. They would be a similar weight but that's a conversation for a different day.

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes one more big money fight (it's Canelo if anyone) and takes the retirement tour. He said to us he had 3 fights left. That expired. Would have loved to have the rematch though although it wouldn't prove much. Danny beat him. I know this and so do they

I did score the fight 114-113 for Danny. I would't mind seeing them go at it ince more, even if I believe Gennady has dropped a notch since then.

I did score the fight 114-113 for Danny. I would't mind seeing them go at it ince more, even if I believe Gennady has dropped a notch since then.

I think that's the exact score. I hate saying "we" but I know that Danny won that fight. I've watched it probably 50 times and I can't find anything to see how Danny lost. It's one of those "close clear scores" so to speak.

Gennady is worn down. I don't think I would take much away from the rematch. First fight told the story. We'll leave it there. Even if Danny kicked his ass in a rematch I would still refer to the first fight. Was fitting for both guys. Still love Gennady for putting us on. Let's see if Canelo will.

@RR any chance of the Charlo's fighting in Houston in 2019?

Back