Why are white belts allowed to start threads in the main forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Creed

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Seriously, this problem has been going on for a while now. 99% of the threads started by white belts in the main UFC/Pride forum are intentional trolls threads, duplicate topics covered a thousand times, or just plain dumb.

It's not hard to adjust the usergroup permissions so that white belts lose thread starting privileges in that one forum. In fact, it would only take 20 seconds to do it using the default vB settings. Now that UFC has purchased Pride and most of the Pride trolls have shut up this is a chance for the UFC/Pride forum to finally be a semi-intelligent forum for rational discourse between fans.

I'm not an MMA elitist and I have never ever bashed white belts or called someone a TUF noob but this is getting ridiculous. Retards, trolls, and n00bs have pretty much ruined the main forum and now that MMA is becoming even more popular this problem is only going to get worse as more fans find this place.

Please consider this.

why do people from 2005 NOT use the search function to realise this question is asked EVERY week almost.

Administrator's will NEVER do it, it has been discussed.

~Foz

I don't have to use the search function, I've read it posted time and time again in the main forum. I've never read it posted in this room though nor a reason why it wont be implemented. It mostly just seems to be ignored.

Even though you say they wont do it it's still a GOOD idea so you should expect to see it repeated often. This is a huge forum that gets a ton of traffic, so it's not like adding a restriction to white belts starting threads is going to harm traffic/revenue or anything.

Speaking for myself, I don't really post here anymore because the place is full of retarded trolls. I'm pretty much ready to delete my bookmark to the forum and only read the website using the RSS feed(I suggested the RSS feed in this forum a long time ago and they ended up doing it). I posted this thread out of desperation in the hope that something might be changed.

At this point, the best way to deal with the trolls is to ignore them, much like you ignore drunken bums begging for change. As MMA grows along with Sherdog, the troll problem will only get worse.

White Belts shouldn't be discriminated against.
I just think half of them just want to be noticed.

Only took 11 years, better late than never I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back