What is the best headgear?

Bobby Jacobsen

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
I want something with good protection that doesn't limit vision too badly. Nothing worse than getting kicked in the head because you couldn't possibly have seen it. The price isn't really an issue just want the best protection/best visibilty package. I also want it to last.

I got some Twins head gear for like 60 bucks, it's a really good quality. It's not available everywhere but Twins gear it's great quality and holds up real good. Best gear I've ever purchased is from Twins.

Top Ten is the best. It's all I use and I never kickbox or spar without it. Checkout www.totiro-usa.com to buy it in the USA. The generally have the best price, low shipping costs (and no duties for importing) and my students get the product very quickly.

Fightgear is awesome, but specifically this model:
http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25828

That's what I wear; I've tried every headgear in our gym, and of everyone who attends and has his own, and none compare. I've never tried the Top Ten, though.

The top ten head gear looks like its that cheep foam crap that doesnt absorb any of the blow. Can anyone tell me what it is made of. Ohh and i would go with rivals headgear deffinitly pricey but the quality is top notch.

Top Ten is made from Baxflex rubber. It's so far and above foam there is no comparison. It's also completely hygenic. Since it's rubber you can wash/disinfect it and it doesn't absorb sweat blood or anything else for that matter. There have been scientific tests done that show how well it disburses impacts. Check out the websites they can explain it better than me. I just know that when I'm kickboxing, I hear the hits (punches & kicks) but I don't feel them.

The top ten head gear looks like its that cheep foam crap that doesnt absorb any of the blow. Can anyone tell me what it is made of.

I used to use a Proforce Lightning dipped foam headgear for point sparring, and can agree that it is nearly useless.

However, the Bayflex material of the TOP-TEN helmet is completely different and infinitely better; the two are not nearly comparable.

The rubber like construction of the TOP-TEN headgear is probably a love it or hate it deal. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to try one before buying.

I used to use a Proforce Lightning dipped foam headgear for point sparring, and can agree that it is nearly useless.

However, the Bayflex material of the TOP-TEN helmet is completely different and infinitely better; the two are not nearly comparable.

The rubber like construction of the TOP-TEN headgear is probably a love it or hate it deal. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to try one before buying.

yeah I used to use the MACHO Warrior headgear and the foam dipped stuff doesn't compare at all. And it is a love it or hate it kinda thing, but luckily they also make a leather headgear they uses the bayflex padding. Idk if totiro carries it though, but the canadian distributor has it for a jacked up price: http://www.toptencanada.com/store/shopping.php?category=4&sub=5&item=148&subitem=0

And the german distributor has it too: http://www.budoland.com/index.php?id=82&language=en&osCsid=d62471c6a76a22258f0253088111cd07&cPath=149&osCsid=d62471c6a76a22258f0253088111cd07

This is the best headgear money can buy. Most of the pros use.

headgear_fg5000.jpg

http://www.winning-usa.com

Wow that is some expensive stuff. For me though, it won't work for kickboxing. No protection on top of head.

Winning is the headgear that almost all the MMA/Kickboxing pros use here in Japan. If you've seen countdown UFC 75 Juanitos team uses of Winning gear. I personally seen Gomi have the exact same headgear shown in the pic in the gym. Masato uses Winning.

Also the argument of no top protection does not make sense. Twins and Fairtex headgear are very popular in muaythai training, they also don't have top protection.

i was thinking of buying some headgear as well...which ones of these are better:

twins-HGL-3-headgear-front.jpg

hgbc.jpg

titleboxing_1964_41529320

Personally I use this

HGB.jpg

I had the title headgear like the one above and the problem with those are they tent to get slippery when you sweat and spin around on your head which makes sparring a constant adjustment of your headgear. with the fight gear above it doesn't spin as much because its got like a sweat absorbent material.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back