What knife did you carry today?

RAZOR1

Blue Collar
Reaction score
I carried the Spyderco Tenacious, great ergos, razor sharp.

3207282339_57f65a4b8b.jpg

Waiting on the Resilience in the mail...:D

The only Becker I played with was a bk2 that had after marked scales from the knife connection (they have some awesome scales for ESEE knives). That bk2 was sweet.

SOG Fielder. It's cheap, but it's a tank. Really tough and sharp.

I got a Benchmade Mini Griptillian today. OD handle with black, partially serrated drop point blade. It's very light. It's actually one of the smaller knives in my collection, but my initial thoughts about it are very positive and I can see why it's such a popular choice for edc.

Carrying an ESEE candiru now. Put some g10 grips on it and it's a cool little knife.

I could get EDCing a fixed blade.

Holy shit, it sucks to be Canadian right now. Just checked W&W for the Emerson Rangemaster Sheepdog (or whatever the collaboration with Grossman is called) for shits and giggles, $300!

That's a nice looking knife.

it really is perfect - the pictures don't do it justice.

my normal carry knife that gets 80% of my pocket time before the 0450 came is the BM 940-1; which is an all-time great to me, perfect design on that knife... imo it says a lot about the 0450 that it stands with the 940-1 as far as design excellence.

Kershaw speed safe, no other manufacturer makes a better spring knife!!

Holy shit, it sucks to be Canadian right now. Just checked W&W for the Emerson Rangemaster Sheepdog (or whatever the collaboration with Grossman is called) for shits and giggles, $300!

Emersons aren't worth the $$$...

I carried this bad ass:

21ZKBJFRAPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

(from the drawer to the dining table). 1.5 ounces of stainless steel, silver-plated, congealed-dairy-produce spreading sweet, sweet butter knife. Those unbuttered slices of toast were giving me mad respect, because they knew I was the kind of tough guy who could have them buttered in one second flat with that bad boy.

Emersons aren't worth the $$$...

Yeah, but I like the knives and Ernest Emerson himself and was never one for "fit and finish" on a work knife. Could they be cheaper considering the work put in? Sure, but I like to think I'm not just buying a knife, but supporting a business I like. Some other poster said it years ago, but he's not just a fat dude with a knife company.

That said, I could stomach them when the Canadian and US dollar were near par and they were $200 a pop. $300? Now that's a hard pill to swallow.

IMG_0164.jpg

I may look into getting a Delica 4 Wave for work carry; I just picked up my new uniform jacket today and when I closed my knife, the tip bit my sleeve and put a little hole in it so I might cut the chance of that happening with a shorter blade.

I have a few of them and they do work well, I've just never really felt the value was there.

I like Ernest Emerson too I just think for 200+ dollars I can get more bang for my buck.

a20792b12497bb3f15eda8_m.JPG

It's small, and it's not the greatest knife ever, but it's a good, sharp, functional tool, and I like it.

It's a CRKT Apache II.

The Volt. Nice. I'm actually carrying the Skyline today. No Speed Safe, just a smooth, simple, thin knife.

Yeah, I can see how others may feel that way. For $200, other manufacturers have much better finished knives. What can I say? Even with all their flaws, Emersons have managed to obtain my brand loyalty, at least back when they weren't as expensive as they are now. Don't think I'll be buying a new knife anytime soon anyways, just voicing my displeasure on the newest price hike; which has nothing to do with the company, but our weak dollar.

That said, the new to Emerson features on the Rangemaster; the flipper and bearings in the pivot, intrigue the hell out of me. I'd probably be willing to sell all my other Emersons just to pick this one up.

these three for the last few days. overkill, yes......i love my sharp shit.

IhQqn1Ch.jpg

I have a cqc7 and a commander. I use to EDC the commander, that thing usually just scared people though.

The bm34 and Delica with the Wave as some great knives.

The CRKT's are hit n miss with me I like the Carson models and Crawfords Point Guard is really nice.

I carried a keltec p32. It's sorta like a knife except that you can shoot people with it.

in all seriousness, I carried my Swiss army knife on my keys as always. Knives are tools, not weapons kids.

only 14 year old wannabe thugs carries knives around here

Your not from around here though...your from shitsville population you. Just remember anyone can train MMA, anyone can carry knife, wield them both and you are a fucking Jedi son.

I carried a keltec p32. It's sorta like a knife except that you can shoot people with it.

in all seriousness, I carried my Swiss army knife on my keys as always. Knives are tools, not weapons kids.

Actually they are both...son.

The Volt. Nice. I'm actually carrying the Skyline today. No Speed Safe, just a smooth, simple, thin knife.

Nice those are really solid, I seen one at Big 5's for sale not to long ago. I might go pick it up, hopefully it's still on sale other wise I'll be dishing out 40+ bucks :icon_cry2

mini Gerber paraframe. Useful for tasks at work.

DM_GerberKnifeSet.jpg

There are a few places on the body you can stab or slice that would leave a guy dead in a pool of blood in 30 seconds. Aorta, carotid, etc.

Feel free to see yourself out of the knife thread. Many in here own/carry guns as well...

Carried the severtech today...it's a big knife, pretty sweet, still haven't done a lot with it so not sure if it's worth the $$$. Cleaning up today, I found my emersons that I put away months ago, a commander and a desert roadhouse. I stopped carrying them after damn near slicing my finger off with one after it opened in my pocket. I'm not a fan of the wave feature on emersons but they are well made.

My lil' Spyderco Ladybug. Best keychain knife you can find.

Spyderco-forest-green-ladybug.jpg

My 940 has been my sole EDC 99% of the time over the past year and a half. Such a great carry blade.

Kershaw Chill. 3 1/8'' folder with finger stud to assist quick opening. It was cheap and its sharp. I was carrying a Benchmade Monochrome before I lost it in a bar fight. Best 30 bucks I ever spent. My uncles buddie makes bad ass knives but alas i am too poor for them. Pretty neat stuff tho'
http://cucchiaraknives.com/

Nice those are really solid, I seen one at Big 5's for sale not to long ago. I might go pick it up, hopefully it's still on sale other wise I'll be dishing out 40+ bucks :icon_cry2

I have a lot of folders, but if I could have only one, it would probably be the Skyline.

Matt's knives are the heat. Very nice, I wish he still made the fixed blades though.

I rocked the Recon Tanto today, I have had this one for about four years now....great edc knife.

4122340726_4104e57262_z.jpg

Last edited:
There are a few places on the body you can stab or slice that would leave a guy dead in a pool of blood in 30 seconds. Aorta, carotid, etc.

Feel free to see yourself out of the knife thread. Many in here own/carry guns as well...

30 seconds?

You can stab someone in the brain stem and kill them instantly.

I was just pointing out that carrying a knife for self defense is a bad idea unless you live across the pond. It's a good way to get your ass shot here in the states.

I have a lot of folders, but if I could have only one, it would probably be the Skyline.

I gave one to my brother for his birthday a couple of years ago. Really great, affordable edc knife. I sharpen it for him every couple of weeks and it's still rock solid.

Really? :icon_neut

Yes really, I enjoyed opening my mail, seriously, I also used it to cut an apple at lunch, honestly, then there was the nail embedded in my boot that I pryed out with it, surely.

It was a busy day, but I didn't have to use my AK...

But I am today...

ColdSteelAK-47WithStainlessPocketClip.jpg

I had a Crkt tanto that I us d to love, I don't I knit cost about 40 bucks, I always thought it was a lot of knife for the $$$.

I had a Crkt tanto that I us d to love, I don't I knit cost about 40 bucks, I always thought it was a lot of knife for the $$$.

Yeah they have the m16 series that features the tanto blade. I've read mixed reviews about them though. Everything from "this is the best knife I've ever owned" to "this thing is complete shit."

Back