The Official LOW-CARB Recipe Thread:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Heres a simple yet delicious recipe for pulled pork, utilizing the oh so underrated slow cooker:

Ingredients:
approximately 2 pounds of pork shoulder
1/2 Tbps of garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp cumin
1/2 Tbps salt
1/4 Tbsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 Tbps pepper
1 whole lime
1 whole large onion

Directions:
First chop up the onion, then combine all the spices into a bowl, then sqeeze the hell out of the lime to get as much juice into the bowl as you can. Mix up the spices with the lime juice, and then began lathering the hell out of the pork shoulder. I like to cut big slits into the shoulder to get the rub really deep into the meat. Then place the shoulder in the cooker and dump the chopped onions on top.

Set the slow cooker on high, and let cook for about 5 hours, or until the pork looks done and you can easily pull the pork apart.

This also works really well with lamb shoulder (albeit a tad bit more expensive).

Also, the spice measurements are really just an estimation, I never measure them out myself, so you guys ought to play with it a little bit.

Last edited:
1/2 cup finely ground almonds
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup freshly grated cheese of preference
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. egg white

Preheat oven to 350 F

Grate 1/2 cup cheese

In a medium-sized bowl combine almond flour, baking soda and cheese.

In measuring cup whisk together the egg and oil. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well-combined.

Cut two pieces of parchment paper the size of your baking sheet.

Put one piece of parchment on baking sheet , then place teaspoonfuls of dough on the parchment about 1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Heres a simple yet delicious recipe for pulled pork, utilizing the oh so underrated slow cooker:

Ingredients:
approximately 2 pounds of pork shoulder
1/2 Tbps of garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp cumin
1/2 Tbps salt
1/4 Tbsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 Tbps pepper
1 whole lime
1 whole large onion

Directions:
First chop up the onion, then combine all the spices into a bowl, then sqeeze the hell out of the lime to get as much juice into the bowl as you can. Mix up the spices with the lime juice, and then began lathering the hell out of the pork shoulder. I like to cut big slits into the shoulder to get the rub really deep into the meat. Then place the shoulder in the cooker and dump the chopped onions on top.

Set the slow cooker on high, and let cook for about 5 hours, or until the pork looks done and you can easily pull the pork apart.

This also works really well with lamb shoulder (albeit a tad bit more expensive).

Also, the spice measurements are really just an estimation, I never measure them out myselves, so you guys ought to play with it a little bit.

This looks bloody good, i'm going to make it

This looks bloody good, i'm going to make it

Glad I could inspire someone. I would reccommend trying to get a bone-in cut from the butcher. Not only does the bone add flavor, its also cheaper than boneless.

Thanks for the tip. I may add some vegetables to it aswell. Will make it and get back to you!

Low carb greek yogurt. About 2carbs per 3 oz.

You will need:
25 oz of Long life UHT whole milk.
8 oz of heavy cream.
50g of starter yogurt from another greek yogurt. Has to have live cultures.

Using a Easiyo container or your own flash and bottle.
Add cream, milk and starter yogurt. Mix all in the 33oz bottle.
5638677178_c61d6d9d50.jpg

Fill up the container or flask halfway with boiling water. Put the yogurt container in then put on the lid. Leave for about 7 or 8 hours.

5638677246_2a3214380e.jpg

Remove from the flask and drain with muslin cloth for 5 minutes.
draining-yogurt-put-yogurt-in-cheesecloth.jpg

Eat!

2842347687_b4aecc10f2.jpg

Ever heard of Skyr?

My new partner is Icelandic and swears by that stuff. Very high protein for a yogurt. All it needed from my view was fat content.

I've been looking for skyr for ages now but nowhere over here sells it, which is odd since Iceland's not that far away and we have more obscure European foods on the shelves. It's pretty arduous to make too, not quite as easy as regular yogurt or kefir.

I found it at Wholefoods.

You can make that yogurt with half and half apparantely. I havn't tried it yet though. Or you could just add cream when it's made up.

There's a store at my local market which pretty much sells skyr. Just really thick strained yogurt.

Best Cheesecake Ever (IMHO)

I spent the summer perfecting this. Probably made 20-30 of them for different audiences. I use aspartame for my sweetener and serve it to unsuspecting guests. No one ever believes its sugar-free.

3 pkgs cream cheese
8 oz sour cream

FYI, I have made the cheesecake with a layer of the coconut oil chocolate, made with extra cream for a ganache-like consistency when chilled, on the bottom (probably my favorite to date), or Nigella's almond flour brownies instead of crust which requires a larger baking dish.

Also added a can of pumpkin and spiced it like an pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving... Huge hit!

But again, just plain is ridiculously good.

My new partner is Icelandic and swears by that stuff. Very high protein for a yogurt. All it needed from my view was fat content.

If you can find lebany, it's the exact opposite: very low protein content and high fat content. You could try mixing the two. I found this one at WF as well, but I haven't seen skyr.

FYI, I have made the cheesecake with a layer of the coconut oil chocolate, made with extra cream for a ganache-like consistency when chilled, on the bottom (probably my favorite to date), or Nigella's almond flour brownies instead of crust which requires a larger baking dish.

I meant to say the chocolate goes on the top after it cools. I have tried swirling it in the mix and baking it, but I didn't like how that turned out as well.

Also added a can of pumpkin and spiced it like an pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving... Huge hit!

But again, just plain is ridiculously good.

Good to see you around here. Hope you're doing well, haven't heard from ya in a hot minute.

For my Birthday, recently, my lady made a similar sugar-free cheesecake. Crust was made of coconut flour and cinnamon. And she also made sugar-free peppermint candy ice cream. Crushed up sugar free peppermint candies and added them to the vanilla ice cream recipe we use. So both the cheesecake and the ice cream are more fat than anything, and not overly sweet:

Cheesecake.jpg

Good to see you around here. Hope you're doing well, haven't heard from ya in a hot minute.

For my Birthday, recently, my lady made a similar sugar-free cheesecake. Crust was made of coconut flour and cinnamon. And she also made sugar-free peppermint candy ice cream. Crushed up sugar free peppermint candies and added them to the vanilla ice cream recipe we use. So both the cheesecake and the ice cream are more fat than anything, and not overly sweet:

Cheesecake.jpg

Damn, I need to find me a sugar momma to whip me up some awesome low carb desserts. Mind sharing the crust recipe?

I think it's about time I nutted up and made me a Low carb cheesecake. One question though, do you guys reccomend using stevia as the sweetener for the cheesecake, or xylitol or splenda? I've always used stevia as my LC sweetener, but I'm not sure if the measurements are equivalent to that of other LC sweeteners.

Oh, I neglected to mentioned she sweetened it with Xylitol. And she makes this stuff by default, because she's allergic to cane sugar and wheat. So she's a sugar-free Mama. I'll ask her about the crust and report back.

Back