Lifts I can do with a fractured metacarpal?

That's what the straps are for, so you're not using your hand for grip.

That's what the straps are for, so you're not using your hand for grip.

Even when you use straps you still have to grip the bar. Have you ever broken a metacarple?

I could not have gripped for heavy pulls - even with straps - nor would I recommend anyone with a broken hand to even attempt it.

I could squat heavily and safely. It is an injury, and it will heal. Putting stress on the hand is counterproductive in almost every way. Even if your sole goal is strength in the powerlifts, squatting regularly for a period of time won't kill you.

I broke the one supporting the pinky (sloppy punch) and it wasn't too bad. I didn't know it was broken until after it had set and mostly healed up.

It probably would've been worse with heavy pulls.

Now that pinky appears shorter than the other.

i bet on nearly every fight, be it boxing, mma. whatever.

wait until football season starts again... shit gets intense.

three times, player.

You gonna go to the Niners/Raiders preseason game again?

The only account bet I remember what Guess Who, I think his name was. You had him in your sig for a while calling him out for being a bitch and not deleting his account.

You gonna go to the Niners/Raiders preseason game again?

The only account bet I remember what Guess Who, I think his name was. You had him in your sig for a while calling him out for being a bitch and not deleting his account.

i heard there are no more niner/raider games after the last incident.

ya thats him, hes a weenie.

It has nothing to do with being alpha and everything to do with using your brain and own better judgement.

im of this crazy vagina belief that a doctor knows better than i do, or what a forum of gym rats do, what activities would be suitable for a broken bone.

I broke my hand a couple years ago, and deadlifted with straps after the injury.

If it doesn't work for you, don't do it; I'm no vagina doctor.

im of this crazy vagina belief that a doctor knows better than i do, or what a forum of gym rats do, what activities would be suitable for a broken bone.

I honestly don't know what to say to this other than "lol".

whatever your doctor says you can do.

we arent doctors.

True, but my doctor's response to pretty much any injury I get is to cease lifting and BJJ altogether. Not that it isn't called for in some circumstances, but I'd at least like to see what others have done in a similar predicament.

Ffs, don't do zerchers..

troll-troll-face.png

Why dat?

I could not have gripped for heavy pulls - even with straps - nor would I recommend anyone with a broken hand to even attempt it.

I could squat heavily and safely. It is an injury, and it will heal. Putting stress on the hand is counterproductive in almost every way. Even if your sole goal is strength in the powerlifts, squatting regularly for a period of time won't kill you.

My point exactly. I've broken several metacarpals and snapped my 5th in my right hand completely. Anything that is pulling would cause "separation" (for lack of a better word) and would risk further injury, not to mention hurt like a mother fucker.

Hi everyone, new forum member here.

I found some useful advice in this thread and it couldn't have come at a better time. I broke my 4th metacarpal on Wednesday night at BJJ and chose to have surgery yesterday morning to have it pinned it back together for 6-8 weeks rather than take the alternative I was offered (in this case, 2 months in cast, followed by all kinds of joint stiffness in the wrist and fingers which would probably have meant a total of about 4 months with no grip strength to speak of). I've been told no heavy activities with the hand and definitely no benching/rows whilst it's pinned.

Without meaning to hijack the thread too much, I'm really new to BJJ and so quite gutted that I've been put somewhat out of action so early on so any additional suggestions for what I can do training/conditioning-wise during my recovery period would be appreciated.

I've seen a bunch of videos of amputees training jiu jitsu with no difficulty, so I don't feel like I have that much excuse not to be doing something productive over the next couple of months.

ORRRRRRRR you could fucking let yourself heal and go back when you’re better. It’s not that serious.

Back