The Official LOW-CARB Recipe Thread:

Hey guys i noticed one one posted the looks on the chicken crust pizza, which i am making right now. i personally added one egg to the mix and used two small breasts(one big one could have done the trick). Looks fantastibulastic, holds together like a charm and smells divine.

chickenpizza.jpg

once finished ill post up the final result

AAAAAAAND here we go! cant wait to eat that stuff...

526145_10150755433616018_531021017_11445966_1329007654_n.jpg

Last edited:
Are your cheese slices lactose free?

/trollface

Mine would be. I get this pepperjack yogurt cheese stuff from Trader Joe's that I put in my eggs. Shit's bangin Son. Higher protein than other cheese as well.

hey sinister where can one get xylitol? sounds great and all but...is ordering by the net the only way to get some?

also what are good low carb sweetning tricks using..."standard"(?) food/ products? i know there is splenda and stuff...but thats sucralose and i aint touching that stuff, to much a bad rep.

Hey guys i noticed one one posted the looks on the chicken crust pizza, which i am making right now. i personally added one egg to the mix and used two small breasts(one big one could have done the trick). Looks fantastibulastic, holds together like a charm and smells divine.

chickenpizza.jpg

once finished ill post up the final result

AAAAAAAND here we go! cant wait to eat that stuff...

526145_10150755433616018_531021017_11445966_1329007654_n.jpg

Most importantly how did it taste?

I'm trying this tomorrow.

The taste was FANTASTIC . the crust itself has a great taste: as long as you like chicken XD, texture is nice to, and a nice fact(not sure if its the egg or just the chicken) its not dry at all, its nice and soft and tender, yet it all holds together.

i used salsa sauce, Italian sausages, cheese, mushrooms, onions, peppers and voila, simple as hell and IMHO the best damned pizza i have yet to eat.

As for Xylitol i think i found a place in my city that sells it...will take a look!

Last edited:
The taste was FANTASTIC . the crust itself has a great taste: as long as you like chicken XD, texture is nice to, and a nice fact(not sure if its the egg or just the chicken) its not dry at all, its nice and soft and tender, yet it all holds together.

i used salsa sauce, Italian sausages, cheese, mushrooms, onions, peppers and voila, simple as hell and IMHO the best damned pizza i have yet to eat.

lol man I couldn't resist and just started making my own a few minutes ago at 2 am.

It looks good so far but I didn't have an tomato sauce so I went with mozzarella, peppers, onions and olive oil. Cooking as we speak. *Salivates*

Edit: Man that was amazing, the chicken crust was moist for the most part. The chicken didn't dominate the taste at all which was great.

Last edited:
im actualy thinking of making buritos with that "crust", its soft enough to bend so with some ground meat, sour cream, a few veggies and cheese.....*drools*

Can someone repost the chicken crust pizza recipe.

From my post on page 6

Here is a recipe from a guy called 'ziggy256' over at the BodyRecomposition forums that is so good I had to share.

Chicken breast pizza
Ingredients
1.2-1.4lbs of lean chicken breast
Any thing you want to put ontop of your pizza. I tend to use tomato paste, spinach, onions and a low carb-high protein cheese.

How to
Cut up your chicken breasts into cube like shapes and put into a blender. Add some salt and pepper and blend until it is like mince, if not thinner.
Put some baking paper onto a tray and wet your hands. Now, take the minced chicken and press it out to resemble a pizza base.
Put the tray into the oven. You want to cook for about 15-20 minutes depending on how hot you have put your oven too, (I tend to put mine to 220degrees celcius). I check it every 5-10 minutes to remove any water that has come to the surface of the pizza.
You want to cook it until the top is slightly golden brown.
Remove base from oven and apply your toppings, cook again until the toppings are at a desired level (usually takes 5-10 minutes) and serve.

Don't worry about the chicken falling apart, it doesn't. Tastes exactly like a normal pizza, is absolutely amazing.

Mine would be. I get this pepperjack yogurt cheese stuff from Trader Joe's that I put in my eggs. Shit's bangin Son. Higher protein than other cheese as well.

Interesting. I know a lot of cheddar cheese is actually lactose (and by extension carb & sugar free) but I haven't actually gone looking for low carb cheeses so I don't know what's out there. I know AZ is big with the dairy industry and there are a lot of local, semi-local creameries.

Interesting. I know a lot of cheddar cheese is actually lactose (and by extension carb & sugar free) but I haven't actually gone looking for low carb cheeses so I don't know what's out there. I know AZ is big with the dairy industry and there are a lot of local, semi-local creameries.

Any hard, aged cheddars should be no/low carb, as far as I'm aware.

Fucking beautiful, I say, as little by-the-ounce chunks of quality protein and fat. Get some pastured stuff (ie Kerrygold) and you've got nothing but 100% win.

From my post on page 6

Here is a recipe from a guy called 'ziggy256' over at the BodyRecomposition forums that is so good I had to share.

Chicken breast pizza
Ingredients
1.2-1.4lbs of lean chicken breast
Any thing you want to put ontop of your pizza. I tend to use tomato paste, spinach, onions and a low carb-high protein cheese.

How to
Cut up your chicken breasts into cube like shapes and put into a blender. Add some salt and pepper and blend until it is like mince, if not thinner.
Put some baking paper onto a tray and wet your hands. Now, take the minced chicken and press it out to resemble a pizza base.
Put the tray into the oven. You want to cook for about 15-20 minutes depending on how hot you have put your oven too, (I tend to put mine to 220degrees celcius). I check it every 5-10 minutes to remove any water that has come to the surface of the pizza.
You want to cook it until the top is slightly golden brown.
Remove base from oven and apply your toppings, cook again until the toppings are at a desired level (usually takes 5-10 minutes) and serve.

Don't worry about the chicken falling apart, it doesn't. Tastes exactly like a normal pizza, is absolutely amazing.

Thanks, I remember reading it months ago.

Anyone try it with ground chicken instead of putting the chicken in the blender?

hey sinister where can one get xylitol? sounds great and all but...is ordering by the net the only way to get some?

also what are good low carb sweetning tricks using..."standard"(?) food/ products? i know there is splenda and stuff...but thats sucralose and i aint touching that stuff, to much a bad rep.

Yeah, I have to order xylitol and erythritol online. As for natural, you could always do stevia, or if you have a Chinese market you can get Lohan and grind it down. Stevia you have to be careful with because it gets bitter fast, but Trader Joe's brand of it actually doesn't.

Actualy found xylitol in stores in my town, in a natural product shop, i was expecting more expensive really. and i have a cheesecake on the way!!!!

Fun fact if your in Canada:Xylitol Canada - Retail Stores

Here is a list of different stores that hold xylitol in stock!

Here's a kickass low carb breaded chicken recipe I created.

For the "breading" you can get creative with what nuts you use, but here is just what I use.

equal parts pecans, walnuts, macedamias, hazelnuts
a generous heap of italian seasoning
salt (to ones on taste)

Throw all the nuts and seasonings into a food processor, and chop it up into small crumbs, being careful not to process it too much turning it to nut butter, which still is ok by all means.

Next your going to lather up some chicken breasts with olive oil, or you could do butter Im sure, and lay them onto a heating rack. Lay them flat next to each other so they are all touching each other, this will make it easier to spread the mustard on top.

Now your going to spread (Only on the top layer) a mustard of your choice, I prefer spicy brown mustard. Once it is layered with the amount of mustard your prefer, start to spread on your bread crumb mixture over the mustard. Place in oven on 375-400 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until the are cooked fully.

Also, if you made too much bread crumb seasoning, thats fine, just store the remainders away and use it another time.

Hopefully these directions are easy enough to understand, Ill post some pictures the next time I make em.

Recipe from a friend:

Almond Cookies
2 Cups Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Splenda or Sugar Substitute equivalent
1 Stick Butter
1 Egg
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Sliced Almonds, Dark Chocolate to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300F.
1. Mix egg, softened butter, and sugar substitute until somewhat smooth.
2. Add almond flour and vanilla.
3. Mix until all ingredients are combined and smoothed out. (At this point you want to mix in your chocolate if you plan to use it)
4. Roll dough into balls (this recipe usually yields 12-15 cookies) and place on ungreased cookie sheet (the butter in the cookie will grease the pan all by itself)
5. Bake for 5 minutes, remove and press each cookie down with a fork (like you would a peanut butter cookie).
6. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.

So recently I've started a low carb diet and am feeling the benefits pretty quickly. Problem is I am getting bored with eating pretty much a lot of the same things every other day.To find new ideas I use http://verytasty.us/ website. Sometimes I just replace some ingredients with lower-carb substitutes

Thanks for that website, going straight to my gf's inbox :)

Back