Moving to Brazil Part II

OK folks what about training in other parts of Brazil, Florianopolis? Forteleza? Something like what you can get at connection rio.

did you drop by?

Sorry mate, I didn't had enough time. Rio was crazy, so much things to do. Spent most of my time training at Nova Uniao. Was an amazing experience and will definitely be back, hopefully in 2015. How are you doing there?

OK folks what about training in other parts of Brazil, Florianopolis? Forteleza? Something like what you can get at connection rio.

I dont know how is rolling down there, what i know is Floripa (Florianopolis) you will have good time with pretty girls and lot of party! If u preffer cold (brazilian cold) weather, choose the south of Brazil, one good city you can find good places to train is Curitiba, homeland of Chutebox. The definitive right place for BJJ in Brazil, is Rio, best gyms, teams are there.

seeing this thread chronicles my trips to Brazil and then my subsequent return and training I think this documentary belongs here as well.

Great Thread Gerbil, great thread.

Really made Rio come to life. Wish when I went to Rio in 99 I did more than drink and Party. Got to love the Royal Navy, Salvador on the way to the Falklands and Rio on the way home. If I knew now what I knew then I wouldn't have wasted my time staring at the bottom of a glass.

I trained in Curitiba a few months a year for three years in a row at CM System, also went training to their affiliated gym in Juiz De Fora (Pro Fight Team). If somebody is interested, I can pin down some of the adventures here.

I just finished reading this thread. This was a fantastic read and very inspiring! Pretty bummed it has died down....Anybody want to go to Brazil and bring this thread back to life?!:D

I just finished reading this thread. This was a fantastic read and very inspiring! Pretty bummed it has died down....Anybody want to go to Brazil and bring this thread back to life?!:D

Well I haven't been actively posting in this thread but I do post frequently in the forum. I also use this as a forum to help people that want to go to Brazil. I would say that I get between 2 and 3 messages a month asking questions about traveling to Brazil.

I'm not a very regular user here, but I'm from brazil, a BJJ pratictioner, and if anyone needs help, PM me and I'll see what I can do!

=)

You could try Santos, under Rodrigo Cavaca.

Hell of a mat, great teacher, great sparrings.

Yo if you get fined for overstaying your visa, but you passport expires and you get a new one, do you know if they still have a record/enforce your fine at reentry? Not asking for speculate or what you think, but if anyone KNOWS

You could try Santos, under Rodrigo Cavaca.

Hell of a mat, great teacher, great sparrings.

I can highly recommend this. Cavaca is awesome, his academy is great, and you'll get in some AMAZING training.

Yo if you get fined for overstaying your visa, but you passport expires and you get a new one, do you know if they still have a record/enforce your fine at reentry? Not asking for speculate or what you think, but if anyone KNOWS

This is relevant to my interests too.

Back