What does The War Room consist of mostly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was one of the questions? How many minorities do I have to talk to and get the same responses from for it to stop being anecdotal?

sayyyy.....5k randomly selected from different geographic regions? and even then it depends on how you obtained that information.

sayyyy.....5k randomly selected from different geographic regions? and even then it depends on how you obtained that information.

At this point it seems the smart thing would be to rely on well established statistics and census bureau data to make points. Anecdotal stuff is great for when a good story fills in the perspective gaps.

I'm a sucker for the underdog (and C&T is getting reamed in this thread) so fuck it. Can somebody outline his claims and I'll see if I can back any of them up.

I'm a sucker for the underdog (and C&T is getting reamed in this thread) so fuck it. Can somebody outline his claims and I'll see if I can back any of them up.

I've kind of lost the thread of this whole conversation, but it seemed to me in the beginning he was claiming there were inherent 'cultural' differences that caused certain groups (races) to be certain ways. I had assumed he had mispoken/typed and in fact had meant there were certain GENETIC differences instead of cultural differences that people of different ethnic descents (inherited as opposed to learned) were more likely to show, but it's honestly gotten kind of hard to follow.

On the other hand, I would think the traditional male (macho) values that are embedded in prize fighting would correlate negatively with social empathy

Please elaborate on this.

Sounds like something John McCain would say.

I've kind of lost the thread of this whole conversation,.... but it's honestly gotten kind of hard to follow.

Damn entertaining though. Offer still stand for whoever can sift through it. :)

Please elaborate on this.

Sounds like something John McCain would say.

I'm referring to the general "be a man" shtick that is prevalent in the MMA community. Persons who are in some way vulnerable are often identified as weak and receive ridicule instead of empathy. Curiously, these sentiments directly tie in with the traditional male values that John McCain's party has so often seemed dedicated to upholding.

This place is a prison full of violent criminals, who split up into gangs and shank each other at the first opportunity. Some inmates don't belong here at all, they should be in a full-blown mental hospital. The guards are thugs themselves who just want to make it though another day alive, but also revel in brandishing their nightsticks and thumping some skulls on occasion. And once in a while you see that calm, peaceful old guy who seems to be the voice of reason... that is until you learn that the reason he's in is that he raped and dismembered his entire family, including the dog and the cat. This place serves as a reminder that there will never be peace on Earth, and that when you're down, there will always, always be someone willing to take a moment of their time to kick you in the ribs and take your wallet.

The best thing about being a libertarian, and this happens a lot on yahoos message boards, it's I get attacked on both ends of the spectrum.

When I post anti-war and pro civil liberty, I get the righties calling me a libtard, Obama sheeple, a Muslim lover, etc.

Then when I post about economic issues, I get the lefties calling me a tea bagger, Repubtard, etc.

The thing that sucks the most is the bi-partisan bickering and finger pointing. I have some pretty radical ideals at times, but at least I understand the concept of pragmatism.

The first one was a website specifically for that gentleman's book. I don't see how ABC news was involved at all. Also, I happen to live in Memphis and that show is the morning show on one of the radio stations. I'd hardly consider it a serious forum for discussing research.

It's called a book, you might want to pick one up and try reading one.

Yes the guy actually did research and wrote a book on the topic I listed. The guy has the research in his book.

They have this other amazing invention called the internet, You can find out all sorts of cool info on it. It even has research and studies that people have done. You can read those instead of getting your points of view from The Daily Show and your Work buddies.

Last edited:
Pan keeps saying that his color shouldn't make a difference on his views on minority culture, but then he busts out the YOU KNOW I AM BLACK statement. So? You just said your color shouldn't matter but then you try and get credit from everyone by stating that you are black? Of course everyone eats it up. So Pan being an immigrant part Hispanic part black republican lawyer means his views on the topic are any more right than mine?

The next time we are in a military thread and someone is discussing the military, can I break out the YOU KNOW I WAS IN THE MILITARY---BOOOOMMMMM line and then all of a sudden my points are any more right than the other person discussing the topic?

Or how about when people are talking about the south, Can I end the conversation or get extra points if I bust out the-- YOU KNOW I LIVE IN THE SOUTH.

Pan keeps saying that his color shouldn't make a difference on his views on minority culture, but then he busts out the YOU KNOW I AM BLACK statement. So? You just said your color shouldn't matter but then you try and get credit from everyone by stating that you are black? Of course everyone eats it up. So Pan being an immigrant part Hispanic part black republican lawyer means his views on the topic are any more right than mine?

LOL! This is what you said to him:

"Sorry I respect you as a poster but as an expert in black living /society, I'll take actual black peoples words over yours."

That's why he mentioned that he's black. Derp.

Get it? You pulled that card, not him. Then he trumped you.

Absolutely. They also claim this place leans right and that Obummer is a moderate conservative. lawl

There are maybe 7-10 regular posters on here who could be considered conservative, and half of us are liberal on social issues, Yet the libs on here act like they have a hard time getting their issues across.

"Sorry I respect you as a poster but as an expert in black living /society, I'll take actual black peoples words over yours."

Yes I'll take the actual words of the hundreds of blacks I have talke to in all walks of life over an immigrant Hispanic/black lawyer.

I hate to get into this but an immigrant with heritage from Panama and Jamaica is not really who most people think of as black in American society.

OHHH shit the liberals heads are gonna blow off, yep I said it. Pan would not be considered or thought of as a typical American black.

There's been some really comical and quotable stuff in the WR but this might be the single funniest thing I've ever read in here.

Yes I'll take the actual words of the hundreds of blacks I have talke to in all walks of life over an immigrant Hispanic/black lawyer.

I hate to get into this but an immigrant with heritage from Panama and Jamaica is not really who most people think of as black in American society.

OHHH shit the liberals heads are gonna blow off, yep I said it. Pan would not be considered or thought of as a typical American black.

You really can't just admit when you're wrong, huh? You said you'd take actual black people's word over his, and then he mentioned that he is, in fact, an actual black person. If you were reading that exchange as a spectator, you'd crack up like the rest of us have been.

There's been some really comical and quotable stuff in the WR but this might be the single funniest thing I've ever read in here.

Yeah, even if it didn't blow up in his face, that would be pretty crazy. Also funny that he deleted the post, but still tried to stand behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back