What does The War Room consist of mostly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit I just had to sit and listen to a bunch of my coworkers talk about another co worker who came from Africa to America 18 years ago. They said he is not a real or true black. They said he doesn't know about the real black American issues that they have to deal with. They said he already came to this country educated and already had a leg up on them.

He got pissed and told them to kiss his ass because he thinks they are all lazy MFers. He told them they are pathetic because he came from a village that didn't have electricity half the time, yet he managed to get an education and they were to lazy to get an education even though it would more than likely be paid for free for them.

The couple of white people I work with, we were all just standing there with awwwww shhiiitttt looks on our faces. When the African dude bust out on them we all had to act like we were going back to work. It was really funny hearing the African dude saying in his accent--fuk u, fuk u moder fukers, kiss my azzz.

You really can't just admit when you're wrong, huh? You said you'd take actual black people's word over his, and then he mentioned that he is, in fact, an actual black person. If you were reading that exchange as a spectator, you'd crack up like the rest of us have been.

Yeah, even if it didn't blow up in his face, that would be pretty crazy. Also funny that he deleted the post, but still tried to stand behind it.

I said that he isn't what most people would consider black or think of when people talk about black Americans.

Yes I'll take the actual words of the hundreds of blacks I have talke to in all walks of life over an immigrant Hispanic/black lawyer.

I hate to get into this but an immigrant with heritage from Panama and Jamaica is not really who most people think of as black in American society.

OHHH shit the liberals heads are gonna blow off, yep I said it. Pan would not be considered or thought of as a typical American black.

You really can't just admit when you're wrong, huh? You said you'd take actual black people's word over his, and then he mentioned that he is, in fact, an actual black person. If you were reading that exchange as a spectator, you'd crack up like the rest of us have been.

Yeah, even if it didn't blow up in his face, that would be pretty crazy. Also funny that he deleted the post, but still tried to stand behind it.

What part of he is not really what people think about when they talk about the American black.

I love you way you just gloss over things that are posted to try and make your post.

I said that he isn't what most people would consider black or think of when people talk about black Americans.

Most black people I know are Jamaican, and I have never heard about them not being "really" black. But if you're acknowledging that there are multiple cultures that black people are part of, that defeats the argument you were making in the thread. Also, you mentioned that you're an expert in black living/society--do you just mean a small subset of blacks or does your expertise apply broadly?

Professor Black People is here to educate all you white liberals. Class is in session. Next week there will be a field trip to C&A's workplace where we'll be observing real live black people. Pack a lunch.

Most black people I know are Jamaican, and I have never heard about them not being "really" black. But if you're acknowledging that there are multiple cultures that black people are part of, that defeats the argument you were making in the thread. Also, you mentioned that you're an expert in black living/society--do you just mean a small subset of blacks or does your expertise apply broadly?

WTF are you blabbering about, I never made the statement that there is one black culture. Typical liberal move, get you to defend shit you never said.

I am a lot more of an expert in black culture society than most of the liberals on here. Going out to eat with a coworker and having an occasional beer may make you think you have a good relationship with minorities, but that doesn't mean you know shit about their lives and culture.
It's cool that the 3 black people you know are from Jamaica, that doesn't take away from the fact that when you talk to the average person or talk about black society, that most people think you are talking about American born blacks. There has even been a long history of American born blacks not accepting African born blacks or black immigrants as real blacks.

Now we got JVS who is as close to a 1percenter as we have on this board trying to get me to defend an entire lifetime of experiences and talks and relationships with minorities.

Sorry if I don't care to respond to a person who the closest they have come to minority culture or even a minority is them serving you lunch. But hey man you give them a $10 tip, you are good to go. You feel their pain, you are a man of the people.!!

Of course I'm sure you know Stewart from the country club, You play squash together once a month so you are in touch with the black experience, I'm sure you talk about it over your Veal and Martinis!!

WTF are you blabbering about, I never made the statement that there is one black culture. Typical liberal move, get you to defend shit you never said.

Come on, man. I bowed out of this like 20 pages ago, but you did implicitly say that. I'm not going to go back and collect quotes, but you should still just own up to it. You have nothing to lose any more.

I am a lot more of an expert in black culture society than most of the liberals on here.

I'm not an expert on whatever this "black culture society" nonsense happens to be. So, will you take my concession that you are more privy to the black man's cultural environment than at least one person who you surely consider to be a liberal and just drop this embarrassing display?

The best thing about being a libertarian, and this happens a lot on yahoos message boards, it's I get attacked on both ends of the spectrum.

When I post anti-war and pro civil liberty, I get the righties calling me a libtard, Obama sheeple, a Muslim lover, etc.

Then when I post about economic issues, I get the lefties calling me a tea bagger, Repubtard, etc.

There is obviously a greater deal of variance between people who ardently identify as libertarians than someone who, say, passionately identifies with one of the major American parties. However, I often have less respect for libertarians than Republicans because of the fact that Republican views can at least be justified by conscious self-interest. Many libertarians who I've met seem to really think they have the whole picture figured out despite having a very limited understanding of public policy: furthermore, they seem to think their hands-off political leanings not only enable but encourage their very limited understanding. I've always said that libertarianism is often the refuge of persons who wish to be political without thinking politically. These are obviously blanket statements, though.

But, it all depends on how you wish to mobilize your political ideals. I have very little problem with most libertarian philosophy, but often see a lot of snags in how libertarians wish to implement their ideals in a modern society.

JVS is in the 1%? Let's talk about this.

Now that Panamaican has thrown down the gauntlet and claimed black in response to C&T, it's time for JVS to follow suit and refute C&T's 1% allegation by claiming poor.

I want five quote instances of Jack explicitly claiming to be a welfare king. If that is not provided, all of his posting history is invalid to me. I can't embrace the uncertainty.

I want five quote instances of Jack explicitly claiming to be a welfare king. If that is not provided, all of his posting history is invalid to me. I can't embrace the uncertainty.

All this time JVS has been talking about financial stimulus, welfare, free health care, and so on, it's just his own wish list, posting from the Inglewood public library free interwebz terminal.

Now that Panamaican has thrown down the gauntlet and claimed black in response to C&T, it's time for JVS to follow suit and refute C&T's 1% allegation by claiming poor.

Compared to you (and probably Pan), I'm poor. The top 1% of income is almost $400K. I'm not even close to that--not even household income. I'm also a renter, and Spam is one of my guilty pleasures. I was at SeaWorld two weeks ago, and after getting gouged all day, I was in line to get a Coke, and they wanted 9 bucks, and I said, "you're kidding, right? Just give me a water."

"you're kidding, right? Just give me a water."

"That'll be $10."

But, on that note, I could never bring myself to purchase a bottle of water. It represents too many bad things to me.

Also, I would like everyone to know that I am poor by most considerations. I was raised middle/upper middle class, but currently make $35,000 a year while I save for law school and/or graduate school.

Come on, man. I bowed out of this like 20 pages ago, but you did implicitly say that. I'm not going to go back and collect quotes, but you should still just own up to it. You have nothing to lose any more.

I said there are black cultural preferences and then there are things that right or wrong society assigns as typical white or black. I hav erepeatedly said that being born black does not make you genetically like rap, or jazz or soul? I did say that you are more than likely to listen or be raised listening to it if you are born in an environment that is dominated by blacks.

Why the fuck it this so hard for people to understand? Blacks (in general, not all for chrsit sake) have preferences in books, movies, music, magazines, clothes, shoes, hair styles, political expression, religious expression, etc.

You guys keep trying to make it look like I am saying every black person or white person likes the same thing or can only be a certain way.

I have repeatedly said that there are certain issues that affect black society more than others. I have told you guys that domestic violence seems to be a bigger issue in black society or amongst blacks than whites. I also told of my experiences of talking with black women and a lot of them just assume it is a thing that will happen to them or that they will hit a man. Instead of attacking me for relaying what I hear time after time, person after person, why can't we all try and help out? You guys are so worried about trying to disprove my info that you are missing major issues. Let's have debates or threads on domestic violence and the affects on the black community? You think that would go over well on here? Why not, Why can't we ever break down specific things that may be affecting the black community. I guess part of the reason is because I keep having people go derrrrrr what is this black community you speak of?

That is what sucks about this site, Most people (including myself at times) use it as a way to basically shit talk others or call their ideas stupid, instead of sitting down trying to really discuss and solve issues. I know if we discuss a topic that affects blacks more than others some posters turn it into well they are stupid or genetically inferior and then others turn a blind eye and act life everything affects different segments of society equally. We really can't discuss an idea if it requires blacks taking more responsibility for certain things in their community, because we always have that certain percent of apologist that blame it on whites, money, racist society, education etc. Hell look at the subject of crime in the black community, half the people on here blame it on poverty. Well what about the other millions of people living in poverty that don't commit crimes?

Anyway, I'm done with this topic, tired of trying to defend myself over shit I didn't say or that people are taking out of context.

I was gonna post more links to stuff but then I realized it wouldn't do any good because of idiots like drowningidiot who won't even take a serious look at the issues. That's what I have found out, a lot of people don't want to take a deeper look at the issues because then they may find out that it is deeper than their initial thoughts, And of course most people don't want to do any more thinking, they just want to get on the internet and throw out their beliefs and comments while trying to look the coolest or belittle others.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ng-victims-of-homicidal-domestic-violence.ece

Compared to you (and probably Pan), I'm poor. The top 1% of income is almost $400K. I'm not even close to that--not even household income. I'm also a renter, and Spam is one of my guilty pleasures. I was at SeaWorld two weeks ago, and after getting gouged all day, I was in line to get a Coke, and they wanted 9 bucks, and I said, "you're kidding, right? Just give me a water."

I don't know what line you were in, but I was at Sea World like a month ago and you could buy beers at half that price.

Btw, as I've mentioned before top 1% of income is for losers and workaday stiffs, top 1% of wealth = the Truth.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2...wealth-not-income/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Threshhold for top 1% wealth? $8.4 million. :eek:

This gets camouflaged by the fact that so many trust fund recipients are sitting on huge hoards of inherited wealth (or prospective inherited wealth), even though they take no income or very little income from their 'jobs.'

I don't know what line you were in, but I was at Sea World like a month ago and you could buy beers at half that price.

It was outside the kids' area (with the jumpers, kiddie rides, big rope structure, etc.). In the big purple cups. It was after spending more than 800 bucks at the park (including entry), and I was getting sick of it.

Btw, as I've mentioned before top 1% of income is for losers and workaday stiffs, top 1% of wealth = the Truth.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2...wealth-not-income/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Threshhold for top 1% wealth? $8.4 million. :eek:

Yeah, I'm not even close to that, either.

You two brainiacs against the world.

I wonder how those guys square the belief that Obama is some kind of far-leftist with the fact that he, you know, won two presidential elections in America. Is America mostly far left now? I know that's why SPF 50/Calmete was so sure Romney would lose (in addition to being suckered in by the "skewed polls" CT promoted by the right-wing media). He thought Obama tricked America the first time, but that by the time of the second election, his true nation as a communist was clear, and he'd never win in a "center-right" nation like America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back