‘Narcos’ location scout found dead in Mexico

deltapapha

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Wow! ‘Narcos’ locations manager shot dead while scouting in Mexico.

The fourth season for Narcos is supposed to be set in Mexico. The question is was the location scout's murder an inside hit job or just bad luck?

I finished marathon watching Narcos not long ago and was stoked to see that at the very end of the last episode of season 3, Javier Penya (Pedro Pascal) has a conversation with a DEA colleague that indicates that his next assignment would be in Mexico.

Pedro Pascal, the actor, also played Oberyn Martell in Game of Thrones.

Narcos has become one of my top 5 TV shows of all time.

The name of the scout who was murdered is Carlos Muñoz Portal. His body was found in a car in a town of 30,000 population about 25 miles north-east of Mexico City.

‘Narcos’ location scout found dead in Mexico

Best explanation:

Mexico gonna Mexico.

Cringe.

Sorry, gringo. This is just one of those things that always makes me go -_-

ñ

there

at the time I just didn't feel like looking up the spanish key codes but wanted to provide the phonetics of how his name is really pronounced. To me that was better than just typing Pena without the tilde.

Last edited:
Well Mexico is a shitty fucking shithole

You might not want shoot on location for this one, boys. Just transform some spots in Arizona into Mexico. Nobody will notice or care.

The smuggler cartels push/pull the rough equivalent of 10% of Mexico's total national GDP across the border every single year depending on the figure cited. It's utterly insane. Even as their birth rates have reached relative parity with the US and their service/tech economy expands, their murder rate will remain an anomaly among developed nations due to the "humanitarian" (lawless) state of their northern border.

I always wonder what the North American crime landscape would look like if "progressives" were just sent to camps. Mexico would be a far more stable country and vicious cycle bread-line cities like Detroit/Chicago would be broken up like rackets during their formative stages. We have been set back a century.

IS the solution to this man's death sending all "progressives" to camps?
Perhaps.

I cannot be carded for asking a QUESTION.

Last edited:
This is why i laughed when travel agents suggested mexico for my honeymoon. GTFOH

So what is going through your head right now if you are anyone else involved in the production/performance of the show?

The smuggler cartels push/pull the rough equivalent of 10% of Mexico's total national GDP across the border every single year depending on the figure cited. It's utterly insane. Even as their birth rates have reached relative parity with the US and their service/tech economy expands, their murder rate will remain an anomaly among developed nations due to the "humanitarian" (lawless) state of their northern border.

I always wonder what the North American crime landscape would look like if "progressives" were just sent to camps. Mexico would be a far more stable country and vicious cycle bread-line cities like Detroit/Chicago would be broken up like rackets during their formative stages. We have been set back a century.

IS the solution sending this man's death sending all "progressives" to camps?
Perhaps.

I cannot be carded for asking a QUESTION.

Why "progressives"?

So this show has moved on from Pablo Escobar? Is this show like a documentary style show?

This is why i laughed when travel agents suggested mexico for my honeymoon. GTFOH
Jesus Christ. Did they hand you a brochure for Syria, too?

Jesus Christ. Did they hand you a brochure for Syria, too?

Morrocco. Greece and italy ( we could not afford atm) , china, brazil. Whistler canada but ive been too many times

Mexico is a crap country. We should build a wall on the border or something.

So this show has moved on from Pablo Escobar? Is this show like a documentary style show?

The format is that of a standard crime thriller drama. It is not technically documentary style, but it does follow closely the facts of its topic: the Colombian authorities pursuit of drug king-pin Pablo Escobar from his early rise to his final days and killing in Medellin. Right now I am more than half way through Mark Bowden's excellent non-fiction book
Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World's Greatest Outlaw.
And I have noticed particularly how closely the television drama follows the facts of the book, but with some fictionalization here and there.

The 1st and 2nd season cover Pablo Escobar, while the 3rd season covers the pursuit and taking down of the Cali drug cartel.

The 4th season is supposed to cover some aspect of the recent history of Mexican drug cartels in Mexico.

But with the murder of location scout Carlos Portal, the shit just got real.

The format is that of a standard crime thriller drama. It is not technically documentary style, but it does follow closely the facts of its topic: the Colombian authorities pursuit of drug king-pin Pablo Escobar from his early rise to his final days and killing in Medellin. Right now I am more than half way through Mark Bowden's excellent non-fiction book
Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World's Greatest Outlaw.
And I have noticed particularly how closely the television drama follows the facts of the book, but with some fictionalization here and there.

The 1st and 2nd season cover Pablo Escobar, while the 3rd season covers the pursuit and taking down of the Cali drug cartel.

The 4th season is supposed to cover some aspect of the recent history of Mexican drug cartels in Mexico.

But with the murder of location scout Carlos Portal, the shit just got real.

If they spend two season on Pablo then this show must move very fast.

Back