‘Narcos’ location scout found dead in Mexico

One difference this time. He was scouting for the filming of an expose' of the Mexican cartels.

I think it was an inside assassination.
Good point.

I wonder how they're gonna move forward. I read that they thought about keeping production in Colombia but that could be tricky as the landscapes are vastly different. They could move to New Mexico or Texas but that would balloon the production costs and introduce a lot of visa hurdles.

Maybe Peru or Guatemala, but I'm not sure how much doable that would be.

The smuggler cartels push/pull the rough equivalent of 10% of Mexico's total national GDP across the border every single year depending on the figure cited. It's utterly insane. Even as their birth rates have reached relative parity with the US and their service/tech economy expands, their murder rate will remain an anomaly among developed nations due to the "humanitarian" (lawless) state of their northern border.

I always wonder what the North American crime landscape would look like if "progressives" were just sent to camps. Mexico would be a far more stable country and vicious cycle bread-line cities like Detroit/Chicago would be broken up like rackets during their formative stages. We have been set back a century.

IS the solution sending this man's death sending all "progressives" to camps?
Perhaps.

I cannot be carded for asking a QUESTION.
Sick sob aren't you

This is why i laughed when travel agents suggested mexico for my honeymoon. GTFOH

There are good and bad places in Mexico, its not a tiny country and when compared to other tourist spots around the world, the violence is not that bad.

This probably a robbery. The article does not state such, but this person already scouted for many more movies and he a Mexican native.

This is most likely due to the location.

Estado de Mexico is the most corrupt and criminal state in all of Mexico, while other states are violent due to drug wars, Estado de Mexico is just violent because the people are shitty and the governors are shitty and everyone is so shitty.

One difference this time. He was scouting for the filming of an expose' of the Mexican cartels.

I think it was an inside assassination.

Well if they didnt wanted light on their actions, they sure are going to get it now.

They should make a series on the Afghanistan opium trade shot on location too.

Probably shouldn´t shoot on location. Plenty of other places can be made to look like Mexico?

This is why i laughed when travel agents suggested mexico for my honeymoon. GTFOH

So you went for the pirate themed cruise in Somalia?

You could probably shoot in Venezuela right now on the cheap. With plenty of extras on the cheap too.

Probably thought he was a cop. Taking pictures, nosing around, asking questions and the like.

The smuggler cartels push/pull the rough equivalent of 10% of Mexico's total national GDP across the border every single year depending on the figure cited. It's utterly insane. Even as their birth rates have reached relative parity with the US and their service/tech economy expands, their murder rate will remain an anomaly among developed nations due to the "humanitarian" (lawless) state of their northern border.

I always wonder what the North American crime landscape would look like if "progressives" were just sent to camps. Mexico would be a far more stable country and vicious cycle bread-line cities like Detroit/Chicago would be broken up like rackets during their formative stages. We have been set back a century.

IS the solution sending this man's death sending all "progressives" to camps?
Perhaps.

I cannot be carded for asking a QUESTION.

<SelenaWow>

bWw4z80.jpg

Last edited:
He should've known better if he was going into gang territory to not look suspicious.
At least in Detroit, they rob you before they beat you up.
That gives you at least 5 minutes to run.

There are good and bad places in Mexico, its not a tiny country and when compared to other tourist spots around the world, the violence is not that bad.

I would sooner go back to my old neighborhood.

The funny thing is, Mexico has a fame for being violent but Brazil has twice the numbers of homicides per year, 50K with 26/100K against Mexicos 16/100K. The difference is that we don´t smuggle drugs to US since when don´t share borders.

He should've known better if he was going into gang territory to not look suspicious.
At least in Detroit, they rob you before they beat you up.
That gives you at least 5 minutes to run.

Who does shit like this by themselves? Not that having another person would have helped but who knows maybe.

The funny thing is, Mexico has a fame for being violent but Brazil has twice the numbers of homicides per year, 50K with 26/100K against Mexicos 16/100K. The difference is that we don´t smuggle drugs to US since when don´t share borders.

You can safely add 5/100k to Mexico's rate, since due to most murders being organized crime a lot of the bodies are never found so they engross the list of the "disappeared".

That being said, most of Mexico is much safer than most of Brazil, because outside of a few states, violence is part of turf wars not general violence.

Wow! ‘Narcos’ locations manager shot dead while scouting in Mexico.

The fourth season for Narcos is supposed to be set in Mexico. The question is was the location scout's murder an inside hit job or just bad luck?

I finished marathon watching Narcos not long ago and was stoked to see that at the very end of the last episode of season 3, Javier Penya (Pedro Pascal) has a conversation with a DEA colleague that indicates that his next assignment would be in Mexico.

Pedro Pascal, the actor, also played Oberyn Martell in Game of Thrones.

Narcos has become one of my top 5 TV shows of all time.

The name of the scout who was murdered is Carlos Muñoz Portal. His body was found in a car in a town of 30,000 population about 25 miles north-east of Mexico City.

‘Narcos’ location scout found dead in Mexico

You can't buy publicity like that;)

Back