‘Super racist’ pool safety poster prompts Red Cross apology

We had an all out brawl at the pool at the resort I work at in Las Vegas last Sunday.

All started at the hotel lobby. Black guy was staring down another black guy. Words were exchanged.

Later on, the two groups were at the pool. More words were exchanged. Then an all out brawl took place. Broken umbrellas, chairs thrown. It was funny looking at all the European tourists. The look on their faces witnessing the massive melee. Hair extensions everywhere
Not cool.

those are clearly white, Hispanic kids that are 'uncool'....pau gasol's relative, IOW

sheesh guys, get it right

also, is there an explanation for the black people don't swim stereotype (it's pretty accurate, ask any military person that had to witness swim quals......)?

I'm assuming it has to do w/ segregation, separate pools and them shutting down and never reopening in urban areas when Polio was being spread.....

I grew up in base housing, where we have bad ass pools that are either free or like $1 to get in. I count on one hand, the number of times outta the thousands I went to either the pool or the beach (from San Diego, after all) that I saw a black person swimming. Not saying they weren't poolside, macking chicks or whatever? but just busting some laps out? nah

Once the new poster comes out, I'm going to respond and cause an uproar that all the women aren't covered because it goes against the religion of Islam.

Here is the corrected one:
Cm_DJxx_IWk_AAt_AWW.jpg

They are clearly browner than the blonde girl and the redheads...The guy drinking has a way different shade of brown than all of them.

Since you're obviously unaware, white people do sometimes get tan from being in the sun.

It's racist because that kid of colour is drawing and no one is doing shit to save him!

So is the kid with the sunglasses and beer a latino or what?
White Hispanic imo

whats the kid in the middle doing that's not cool?

Here is the corrected one:
Cm_DJxx_IWk_AAt_AWW.jpg
lol, someone will still find a way to being up stuff you missed out on.. maybe like the pool separators being white perpetrates something or that its not 50% of the pool, and left side is getting ripped off having only 1/3rd of the pool space.... wait thats it. Pool separator promotes poverty or the whale promotes meat eating and animal appropriation

It was purposely made to make minorities look bad...perhaps it was subconscious but that poster is 100%, insensitive.

Kids are really, really impressionable. They will see this poster, on top of their parts cost rants and think that minorities are bad since this poster shows that this validating all the racist rhetoric they hear from their parents,media,utube comments,forums.

So I'm glad they took it off, just because it doesn't fool us, that doesn't mean it won't make kid get racist thoughts.

So it would've only been ok if it said more whites than blacks were doing non cool things? Or does it have to be exactly even to not be racist?

Wow. You're serious.

Well done, I guess.

He's a sick byproduct of all the media brainwashing. Notice how most progressives talk and act in the same way as all the others. Essentially a traitor to his country and people.

I cannot imagine it was done intentionally, but intentionally or not, they should just change the sign. It's not like it doesn't look bad, or that the world is crashing down if they change it.

They did change it, which is good.

Not sure whether to laugh or cringe when a Washington Post article is indistinguishable from an Onion article.

I would have loved to have been there to see that woman complain to a random lifeguard that the poster is racist. I imagine she treated the lifeguard like he was the person personally responsible for all the racism in America.

It was purposely made to make minorities look bad...perhaps it was subconscious but that poster is 100%, insensitive.

Kids are really, really impressionable. They will see this poster, on top of their parts cost rants and think that minorities are bad since this poster shows that this validating all the racist rhetoric they hear from their parents,media,utube comments,forums.

So I'm glad they took it off, just because it doesn't fool us, that doesn't mean it won't make kid get racist thoughts.
Do you ever get dehydrated from shedding so many tears?

Well, if there is anything Hollywood taught me, it is that everything black people do is cool, so if a black cartoon kid is drowning then fucking drowning is fucking cool.

He's drinking a Pacifico, so obviously he is a Mexican.
And as pointed out, the black lifeguard had a finger out doing the "No you di int!" If they could make gifs back when this poster was made, her head would be bobbing from side to side as well.

So is the kid with the sunglasses and beer a latino or what?

All of the not cool kids are minorities and all the cool kids are white in this poster. Someone did put some thought into this poster and they purposefully chose the cool vs not cool kids. If you cant find this poster at the least insensitive than you are either a basement troll, mentally challenged, or dare i say a racist. Wont ever donate to red cross again as i cant imagine my hard earned money supports the salaries of the idiot who made the poster and the idiots who ok'ed it.

Back