‘Worse than gymnastics’: Lawsuit makes explosive sex abuse allegations involving USA Diving

You know I appreciate this. This story sucks, so I atleast appreciate the dark humor.

The gymnastics story was sad, and disturbing.

I will not be surprised if this is as bad or worse.
I suspect it will be a deep well of evil. When people have access to power and are given the benefit of the doubt even under shady circumsatnces, people start testing, and get evil.

That song was one of the biggest hits of 1999 for a reason, and it wasn’t just sub 17 year old boys who thought Britney was attractive.

Using a quote from pop culture and Spears is no way to sway me in an argument man. The music industry is a degenerate and disgusting enterprise and I have not listened to the radio or popular music that you find on the radio for over 25 years. Shit music is shit music.

Using a quote from pop culture and Spears is no way to sway me in an argument man. The music industry is a degenerate and disgusting enterprise and I have not listened to the radio or popular music that you find on the radio for over 25 years. Shit music is shit music.

<mma4>

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't they say girls are 10 years older than their age in terms of mental maturity?

People arguing over whether 17 year olds can be hot are completely missing the immorality of sleeping with minors.

Keep in mind, the girls are suing US diving, not the coach. This will be a civil trial claiming US Diving was negligent in some way.
From OP
"She said she was sent home from a meet in Tennessee after telling her head coach about the allegations, while Bohonyi was allowed to stay...."

I think the feds would have a field with the hard drives of some of the people who posted in this thread.

I think the feds would have a field with the hard drives of some of the people who posted in this thread.

I think they'd have a field day with certain Sherdoggers that aren't in this thread, too. <Lmaoo>

What a gongshow of a thread this is.

The Olympics are pure Garbage, imo.

dont think the Pence rule says anything about making underage girls take naked photos and send them to you.

Although Pence comes across as actually pretty genuine in the morality area, which is unusual. I dont agree with alot of his morality but he doesnt strike me as a roy moore or larry craig type.
Always be weary of the ones who seem to have nothing to hide but are extremely moralizing.

From OP
"She said she was sent home from a meet in Tennessee after telling her head coach about the allegations, while Bohonyi was allowed to stay...."

I am not sure exactly your point, but for clarification.

“Two former USA Diving athletes have sued the sport’s national governing body, claiming the organization failed to act when the athletes accused a former coach of coercing and forcing them into frequent sex, according to the Indianapolis Star.”

don't they perpetuate that stereotype in the courtroom?

There are lots of times that pressing charges is not worth the hassle in both criminal and civil cases and lots more where the confidentiality of civil cases makes that a better choice over criminal cases.

Why do people constantly bring up pedophilia when it concerns 16-17 year olds? Let's not dilute the meaning of the term.

A guy who's into 7 year old kids is not the same as a guy who's into a 17 year old late teenager. The latter might be an asshole, with morally questionable tendencies, but the former is a monster. It doesn't do anybody any favours, to act as if the two scenarios are the same.

The reason we've come to treat 18 as the golden number (although 16 is still the age of consent in much of the world), is because of relatively recent scientific findings regarding the general physical, psychological and emotional development of teenagers. Some people develop faster, some later, but at 18, we can be quite certain that an individual is capable enough of handling their own affairs.

Groomed abused woman go back to their abuser. News at 11

I guess if you start from the premise that it is absolutely and fundamentally impossible for any college student to have a consensual sexual relationship with either a prof or a coach this is an open and shut case. Great point.

I suppose it's plausible that Stockholm syndrome is sometimes so strong victims can't even bring themselves to file criminal charges against their abusers. But possess just enough remaining inner freedom following their ordeal to file civil lawsuits against wealthy institutions for big potential pay days.

When people stop looking at these girls/women and saying that they must have invited the assault and then drag their character through the mud to discredit them...then you can get mad that they don't press charges.
That’s the cost. Or do you expect the people accused not to fight back? Or are we reversing course on 1000 guilty men go free...?

tuition makes them money, too. I don't know about you but I'm not going to a school where I can't get my intramural b-ball on; breaking ankles like the mob.

Two-time basketball intramurals champ . . . 1992 and 1993 or was in 1994? Crap . . . sucks getting old. Can't remember last week sometimes.

This 100%. My Aunt's last husband was a complete piece of shit who treated her like shit, hit her and did a lot of other horrible things. She kept taking him back until it came out that the had sexually abused one of her two kids from a previous marriage. It was at that point she divorced him and got a restraining order

There's no doubt that this sort of dysfunction exists. It's tragic and very difficult to work around, especially for law enforcement.

But there are also women who go to the police the very first time a guy lays so much as a finger on them.

Both types of human exist in the world. It is those who would deny that fact and who would even condemn the process that allows us to separate one from the other who are doing society, and women, the greatest disservice.

That song was one of the biggest hits of 1999 for a reason, and it wasn’t just sub 17 year old boys who thought Britney was attractive.

Any man over 30 who can look at a beautiful college coed and feel a sexual stirring is a pedophile. Only a pedophile would deny this basic scientific fact.

Back