‘Yondr’? Anyone have experience with this?

I'd hate this, personally. I am respectful about this thing since I'm obsessive about being in the moment and refuse to take pictures at events or ruin the atmosphere of show, but the freedom of being able to take a call if I need outweighs the frustration of seeing someone on their phone.

You really don't want to know how many kids and teens would have this on their mind in that situation. They have been trained well.

In that case, this service might actually save a few lives, lol. They would just focus on getting the fuck out of there.

Or, maybe it would kill even more people. ‘We can’t leave, until we get our phones unlocked!!!’ ‘LEAVE NO PHONE BEHIND’

Fine by me. Was my first thought.

Then again I've always enjoyed bootlegs and shows recorded illegally, and by instinct, if I had my phone locked up, I would probably be like "don't touch my fucking phone!".

So, I guess I'm making my mind up as I write, sorry.

In that case, this service might actually save a few lives, lol. They would just focus on getting the fuck out of there.

Or, maybe it would kill even more people. ‘We can’t leave, until we get our phones unlocked!!!’ ‘LEAVE NO PHONE BEHIND’
Ever see 'nightcrawler?' It would look like the end shooting scene, but with younger kids holding cell phones coming out from behind the one who got shot before them.

I'd hate this, personally. I am respectful about this thing since I'm obsessive about being in the moment and refuse to take pictures at events or ruin the atmosphere of show, but the freedom of being able to take a call if I need outweighs the frustration of seeing someone on their phone.

Apparently, they do have a ‘phone zone’ in the lobby, where people can go and use their phone during the show if they really need to.

Other concert-goers have described it as looking like a smoking section. ‘Look at those addicts huddled over there, can’t even stay off the phone for two hours.’

Fine by me. Was my first thought.

Then again I've always enjoyed bootlegs and shows recorded illegally, and by instinct, if I had my phone locked up, I would probably be like "don't touch my fucking phone!".

So, I guess I'm making my mind up as I write, sorry.

A good sound quality bootleg would be made on something other than a phone anyway, something like a DAT recorder.

Ever see 'nightcrawler?' It would look like the end shooting scene, but with younger kids holding cell phones coming out from behind the one who got shot before them.

Nightcrawler was great. Jake G’s best performance imo, should have won an Oscar for that one.

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a phone is a good guy with a phone.

Yeah.... I have kids, so I would like to hear from the babysitter in case of emergency. Shit could go down in a 3-4 hours window when I am not home, and I would REALLY like to know about it.

Apparently, they do have a ‘phone zone’ in the lobby, where people can go and use their phone during the show if they really need to.

Other concert-goers have described it as looking like a smoking section. ‘Look at those addicts huddled over there, can’t even stay off the phone for two hours.’
All the extra steps feel ridiculous, I'm not a child and I'm paying to see the show, not to be treated like a grade schooler. I'm probably still going to go along with it depending on the show, but it's starting on a bad foot.

What used to happen before retard phones ?
Think how many sitcom and horror plots before 2005 would have been resolved before they even started if they just had cellphones. Trust me, I miss the days of lighters and flash bulb cameras too, that was the best atmosphere.

All the extra steps feel ridiculous, I'm not a child and I'm paying to see the show, not to be treated like a grade schooler. I'm probably still going to go along with it depending on the show, but it's starting on a bad foot.

That was my first instinct, but then my second thought was, many people do not behave as we do at these kinds of settings. There are a lot of obliviously obnoxious people who distract others with their phones, or do things like film & publish pieces of a performance or piece of work that the comedian or musician doesn’t want out there yet. So I kinda get it.

That was my first instinct, but then my second thought was, many people do not behave as we do at these kinds of settings. There are a lot of obliviously obnoxious people who distract others with their phones, or do things like film & publish pieces of a performance or piece of work that the comedian or musician doesn’t want out there yet. So I kinda get it.
It definitely makes a lot more sense with stand up comics. I guess I'm as annoyed of a jerk on their phone at a show as I am at the thought of locking my phone away to prevent it, so it's all kind of a wash. Recording and uploading material that hasn't been released yet is a dick move though. This is why we can't have nice things, I guess.

Back