‘Yondr’? Anyone have experience with this?

So, there’s this new service called Yondr that are taking everyone’s cellphones at shows & concerts, so they can’t fuck around with their phones and distract people, or photograph/record shit.

Apparently at the door they have you silence it, then they stick it in a locked pouch, which you keep with you, then they unlock it at the end of the show on your way out.

Dave Chappelle was the first big name to use it, some musical acts and comedians have been doing it more lately.

It’s interesting, what do y’all think about this? Anyone been through it?

Ah.. Yeah, one of my neighbors attended the spur of the moment Chapelle show in SF a month or two back and mentioned that they locked up their phones during the performance. Said it ruined his life and that he now has AIDS.

Ah.. Yeah, one of my neighbors attended the spur of the moment Chapelle show in SF a month or two back and mentioned that they locked up their phones during the performance. Said it ruined his life and that he now has AIDS.

If you cant go an hour without looking at your phone it's deserved IMO.

Damn, the crime in San Fransisco is even worse than I thought.

As a concert veteran who likes to get as close to the stage as possible, Im all for this. I have taken the occasional picture or video, but as Im already tall I just hold it in front of my face so Im not obstructing the view of 500 people behind me with my outstretched arm.

Besides, its f**ing idiotic to stare at your phone when the band is literally 20 feet from you, and maybe 2 people will watch your shitty video for a few seconds before realizing the quality is shit, its a waste of memory and annoying.

As a concert veteran who likes to get as close to the stage as possible, Im all for this. I have taken the occasional picture or video, but as Im already tall I just hold it in front of my face so Im not obstructing the view of 500 people behind me with my outstretched arm.

Besides, its f**ing idiotic to stare at your phone when the band is literally 20 feet from you, and maybe 2 people will watch your shitty video for a few seconds before realizing the quality is shit, its a waste of memory and annoying.
Exactly, I'd rather burn a good vivid memoy in to my brain than be fixated on the impossible task of getting good footage that I'll inevitably delete.

Rush to a payphone?

Maybe.. Or maybe deal with whatever is happening yourself or with help from your fellow beings... You know as comrads .. Instead of not taking responsibility.. Sshhhhesh people

Maybe.. Or maybe deal with whatever is happening yourself or with help from your fellow beings... You know as comrads .. Instead of not taking responsibility.. Sshhhhesh people
I don't get why you seem so miffed. I simply raised a question. Really nothing to be upset by.

Then you revert back to a simpler time like the 80's...

Fight or Flight without trying to record shit...
giphy.gif

Damn! I remember those battery packs..

Imagine everyone at a concert with those and all on the phone at the same time..

Imagine how many cords would get tangled..

THE HUMANITY!!

Damn! I remember those battery packs..

Imagine everyone at a concert with those and all on the phone at the same time..

Imagine how many cords would get tangled..

THE HUMANITY!!
they could be used as weapons bud...or even worse they could be a concealed bomb...

survival of the fittest...plus ISIS needs training partners...

They would have to find some way of coming up with funding for the collect calling alone, not to mention the battery packs that only had a max of about a 3-4 hour charge..

That's no way to communicate on the battlefield..

I like to record a bit when I go to concerts. I went to Garbage and Blondie last August and we were 4th row and did a lot of recording however security would keep an eye on all of us up close and after a few minutes they would tell us to stop for awhile. It seemed to work well we got some good footage but not too much and everyon listened to security and stop when told too.

It seemed like they did not want us recording full songs however towards the end they let us pretty much record as much as we wanted.

Next week we go see Billy Idol so I will be doing a lot of recording. I have enjoyed his music since I was a small child.

This is a terrible idea. What happens if there is an emergency and everyone is forced to evacuate? Your family is trying to reach you in the chaos but you cant even get to your phone because some greedy sleazebags think people recording shut videos is going to hurt their profits?

Back