‘Yondr’? Anyone have experience with this?

A good sound quality bootleg would be made on something other than a phone anyway, something like a DAT recorder.

Rode mini shotgun mike plugged to phone works quite well

giphy.gif

My dad had one of those

Aren't people just going to start telling the doormen that they left their phone at home, in the car, etc and then just walking through with their phone in their pocket?

Well how else are you going to meet gay yiffs?

what if you are meeting people and you can't find them because you can't communicate via phone. or your friend went missing (drunk), how do you find them? I think it's a cool idea but too many issues in this day and age. Maybe really small venue concerts?

Buy cheap pawn shop/go phone etc, let them lock that one up, keeps yours on silent and in pocket.

Did at a Chris Rock show in AC last summer.

The only downside was it took for ever for everyone to get through security and lock yo their phones so the show started almost an hour late.

Yeah, fuck that. I don't fuck around with my phone at shows but I do check it occasionally in case there is some sort of emergency.

My luck is that I'd surrender my phone to that bullshit the one time there is an emergency.

I'd hate this, personally. I am respectful about this thing since I'm obsessive about being in the moment and refuse to take pictures at events or ruin the atmosphere of show, but the freedom of being able to take a call if I need outweighs the frustration of seeing someone on their phone.

They have desks setup in the lobbies where you can go in the middle of the show and unlock your phone if you need to make a call

Concerts and sporting events we're probably as much as if not more enjoyable before the Advent of smartphones, and somehow news and footage from those old events still managed to make its way to the public.

I don't see any problem with this

Sounds pretty cool. Have you heard about their app Grindr? I think you'd be into it.

Should be easy enough, wtf they gonna do? Search you?

I'm hoping this comment is a joke, otherwise I think you just outted yourself as someone who's never been to a concert, airport, or sporting event in the last 30 years...

In this day and age, that's almost as ridiculous of a comment as saying "Wtf are they going to do? Check to see if you have a ticket?"

I like to grab a few short vids of a band when I see them live and then put my phone away and enjoy the show. I think that's reasonable. I do think it's ridiculous when someone is filming the whole damn show.

I'm hoping this comment is a joke, otherwise I think you just outted yourself as someone who's never been to a concert, airport, or sporting event in the last 30 years...

In this day and age, that's almost as ridiculous of a comment as saying "Wtf are they going to do? Check to see if you have a ticket?"

Sarcasm bruh. I don't use a cell phone so the entire thing is kinda comical to me.

I'm all for it. I'm all for freedom and liberty and privacy and all that shit, but that stuff has to be put on hold every now and then because human beings are too weak to respect a live perfomance when they have cellphones.

Back