“A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

vespasian

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://nypost.com/2012/09/03/bill-clinton-made-insensitive-race-jab-about-obama-in-2008/

Only days before he will nominate Barack Obama for re-election, a new report claims that in 2008, former President Bill Clinton said of him: “A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

Hillary is beating Sanders thanks to the non-white vote--she's seen as the champion of the brown people. The quote from senile Bill is very relevant -- it shows what the Clintons really think about the so-called minorities Hillary claims to care so much about. Too bad Bernie is too much of a pussy to call her out on this.

Clinton's don't give a shit about anyone but themselves

http://nypost.com/2012/09/03/bill-clinton-made-insensitive-race-jab-about-obama-in-2008/

Hillary is beating Sanders thanks to the non-white vote--she's seen as the champion of the brown people. The quote from senile Bill is very relevant -- it shows what the Clintons really think about the so-called minorities Hillary claims to care so much about. Too bad Bernie is too much of a pussy to call her out on this.
1261144065087.gif

This is the exact kind of misrepresentation that irks me quite often. Clinton clearly meant that Obama was a jr member of the party and was in no way fit to run for the presidency. He made many statements that amounted to that and stated it outright on more then one occasion. And in retrospect he was probably right. Obama was clearly extremely naive when he became president and a great deal of his idealism and implicit trust in the desire of others to fix the country poisoned much of his first term.

Its really a shame to because I think with 15 or so more years of seasoning and maturity he could have made a great president instead of the mediocre one he became.

This is the exact kind of misrepresentation that irks me quite often. Clinton clearly meant that Obama was a jr member of the party and was in no way fit to run for the presidency. He made many statements that amounted to that and stated it outright on more then one occasion. And in retrospect he was probably right. Obama was clearly extremely naive when he became president and a great deal of his idealism and implicit trust in the desire of others to fix the country poisoned much of his first term.

It doesnt matter what the Clintons really meant with that statement. The point is that it can be used against her but Bernie is too much of a wuss to do it

Its really a shame to because I think with 15 or so more years of seasoning and maturity he could have made a great president instead of the mediocre one he became.

No, Obama was quite effective in what he did -- acted upon the 3rd world sense of anti-American grievance that he inherited from his father.

Well a few years before that he was a state senator, so she isnt really wrong.

A few years before 2008 he would have been carrying Hillary's hot sauce

It's good for you there are smart people around to explain shit to you.

http://nypost.com/2012/09/03/bill-clinton-made-insensitive-race-jab-about-obama-in-2

I dunno. Bernie is probably too honest to take politically expedient advantage. As I see it Bill was probably just talking about Obama being a young as well as a party up and comer new on the political scene.

It doesnt matter what the Clintons really meant with that statement. The point is that it can be used against her but Bernie is too much of a wuss to do it

Of course it matters, anyone who thinks that the Clinton have been going around throwing out racially insensitive statements for years is an idiot. I dislike Hillary almost as much as I dislike Trump, and I am pretty neutral on Bill. I like Bernie(the most by far) but this is stupid, and would never work. It would also create pointless internal and national political tension.

This kind of delusional "racism is everywhere" crap has been incredibly damaging to the US over the last few decades and only seems to be getting worse.

No, Obama was quite effective in what he did -- acted upon the 3rd world sense of anti-American grievance that he inherited from his father.

This is opinion much like my stance and not really relevant to the topic so I will leave it at that.

That isn't necessarily a jab at race. It could well be one aimed at ability just as well.

That isn't necessarily a jab at race. It could well be one aimed at ability just as well.
It's an obvious reference to the nature of the aide-to-politician ladder in internal Washington politics. Awesome already explained this in post #8.

I think it was more geared to him being a relative rookie in The Senate. "Carry our bags" is a popular axiom among athletic circles; especially used towards young / new members of a team.

I'm all for Clinton bashing and turning the race card around on them but I am sure he meant he was young in the politic game like on a intern level.

But I do think if it was the same situation but a GOP the race card would be played and all hellfire in brimstone

Back