“Entire Board Resigns”

I don't know why this story has less interest. Olympians aren't quite movie stars, but they're pretty close. I would expect more interest in this story. The accountability aspect is better than usual though, with the whole board going away.

To me that is like saying, "Atleast the fire department showed up, nevermind that they aren't actually putting out the fire."

I acknowledge that if before, the fire department wasn't even showing up, that this is progress. I just don't think it should be an acceptable amount of progress to anyone.

Excuse, me with the multiple threads on Sherdog concerning sexual harrassment, I brought up sexual harrassment in a thread about molestation, which I didn't realize.

Fawlty, I've seen you post in many threads, you're always impeccably on thread topic? Screw you.
Alright, maybe I'm out of line here, I don't know. It's just a really misplaced idea in this thread.

Nasar did get reported in the past. There was even an investigation. But somehow the allegations were deemed false. All charges were dropped.

Wow... The WR has some real scumbag posters.

THEY WERE CHILDREN.. and you are going to try to place the blame on them? Go fuck yourself TS

very disturbing indeed and hard to believe theres only him

Where is the Harvey Weinstien level outrage, or Roy Moore level outrage, at the Catholic cardinals, the board of Penn state, and the demands these board members, cops, psychologists, ect. serve 20 years in prison for being accomplices to this crime?

That is the conspiracy.

The lack of accountability, and the media not breaking out the pitch forks, is the conspiracy in plain sight for anyone to see.
.... I don't know how you quantify outrage, but there's been a lot over the Catholic Church and Penn State sex abuse scandals, so I'm not sure why you've concluded that there was more outrage over Weinstein. It sounds like you're alleging that the media conspired to underreport these issues, but they were widely reported at the time that they occured. Maybe just things that happened at different points in time?

As far as Penn State goes, Sandusky is in prison, Paterno died before trial, and three other penn state officials have since been imprisoned for their role in the coverup. Penn State has now paid over 100$ million due to fines and lawsuits related to the sex-abuse and coverup, and the senior officials who were directly involved were the ones imprisoned. The media was in a frenzy for a month over it - I genuinely don't know how you don't remember that.

And the Catholic Church has been subjected to lawsuits, criminal investigations, and protests in over a dozen countries, and has paid billions in settlements and fines. Multiple Cardinals, Bishops, and Archbishops have resigned or been criminally charged in various countries for either their abuses or their role in covering up the abuses of others. Ratzinger's resignation may have been tied to his inadequate role in addressing the issue. To take one particular region, there was a movie made about the Boston-specific abuses. There are hundreds of articles in news papers and several books that have been written on it. And that's just Boston - there's more for every other similar scandal involving the church. The idea that "the media" has been silent on this is baffling. Maybe you're just looking in the wrong places or not remembering what occurred. Beats me.

.... I don't know how you quantify outrage, but there's been a lot over the Catholic Church and Penn State sex abuse scandals, so I'm not sure why you've concluded that there was more outrage over Weinstein. It sounds like you're alleging that the media conspired to underreport these issues, but they were widely reported at the time that they occured. Maybe just things that happened at different points in time?

As far as Penn State goes, Sandusky is in prison, Paterno died before trial, and three other penn state officials have since been imprisoned for their role in the coverup. Penn State has now paid over 100$ million due to fines and lawsuits related to the sex-abuse and coverup, and the senior officials who were directly involved were the ones imprisoned. The media was in a frenzy for a month over it - I genuinely don't know how you don't remember that.

And the Catholic Church has been subjected to lawsuits, criminal investigations, and protests in over a dozen countries, and has paid billions in settlements and fines. Multiple Cardinals, Bishops, and Archbishops have resigned or been criminally charged in various countries for either their abuses or their role in covering up the abuses of others. Ratzinger's resignation may have been tied to his inadequate role in addressing the issue. To take one particular region, there was a movie made about the Boston-specific abuses. There are hundreds of articles in news papers and several books that have been written on it. And that's just Boston - there's more for every other similar scandal involving the church. The idea that "the media" has been silent on this is baffling. Maybe you're just looking in the wrong places or not remembering what occurred. Beats me.

I honestly didn't know that there had been 3 indictments at Penn State. Although I just googled it, and they got 4 months, 3 years, and 6 months in prison.the president and VP being the ones to get 4 months and 6 months (shocked I tell you, shocked).

My point isn't that the media doesn't cover these issues, it is where they point the outrage.

They build these monsters out of the culprits, and they should, but their is no coverage or call to hold the individual cardinals, the individual HR, and board members responsible for the culture of those institutions. 4 months and 6 months for the president and VP at Penn state is a joke, and if that would have been given half the media coverage Sandusky, and Paterno themselves have gotten, I think they would be in jail for alot longer.

Why was their no call for people at the executive and board level of NBC, to be held to account in the same way as Matt Lauer was?

Why didn't the executive and board members of the banks that crashed the world economy go to jail?

When there is a bad cop shooting, where is the media coverage of holding the police chief, or union accountable?

Where is the media when these horrible things happen, and their coverage of the institutions being held accountable, and the individuals that make up those institutions being held accountable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back