“Republican Party is a domestic terror group”

Lavalamp

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Fernand Amandi said:
“Is it any surprise that the party that is pro-pay-for-play, pro-Putin, and now with Roy Moore, pro-pedophilia, the fact that they’re anti-children, is that any surprise? I don’t think it is. And I think, Joy, this is emblematic — this CHIP [Children’s Health Insurance Program] scenario where you mentioned nine million children -- children -- without health insurance.

“I think if you take a step back, one has to ask themselves -- and I think the American people should ask themselves the broader question: What has the Republican party, in the last ten years, done to help the American people? What have they done? This is not a political party -- this is a domestic terror group. And I think what the American people should consider when they ask themselves that question -- with a party that has done nothing to help the American people -- is to vote them out and consider possibly afterwards locking them up, Joy.”

Agree?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/m...ing-gop-domestic-terror-group/article/2641752

Last edited by a moderator:
of course they arent terrorist. They are thieves. What they are after is wealth.

Yes, very obviously.

If the American Communist Party was operating at its most fervent former glory, it still wouldn't be a tenth as terroristic as the GOP. Rob the poor, cause millions to suffer, foment deadly conflicts all over the globe, and all for the private profit of a handful of rich white guys. And, better yet, leverage your ability to do all this by demonizing minorities and immigrants.

They're the worst political party in the developed world and the scum of the earth but if you want to get right down to semantics then no they aren't a domestic terrorist group.

And they're still FAR better than what the democrats have to offer...

But no, they're not terrorists.

What a shit thread. Delete or reword it before more people view.

No obviously not, its a counterproductive hyperbole. I do think in its current incarnation the GOP has some deep problems but to throw around the terrorist label is deeply irresponsible given all the implications that term carries. The overuse of the word terrorist is probably one of the more frightening aspects of the degeneration of the public discourse today given what people feel is justified in fighting terrorism.

No obviously not, its a counterproductive hyperbole. I do think in its current incarnation the GOP has some deep problems but to throw around the terrorist label is deeply irresponsible given all the implications that term carries. The overuse of the word terrorist is probably one of the more frightening aspects of the degeneration of the public discourse today given what people feel is justified in fighting terrorism.

Have to agree with this. What i don't know is what possible "fixes" there are that can be done to the GOP that basically doesn't turn them into another version of the Democrats.. If the GOP suddenly became the party of high taxes and massive welfare spending, then what exactly separates those beliefs from those of the Democrats?

To be fair, I consider the Iraq invasion to be a terroristic action.

Domestic terrorism's entry-level starts with stuff like what the Bush admin was doing to demonstrators with full Republican support. We haven't seen that sort of thing out of the newest mix of the GOP yet, but a war would probably bring us back to it. They can accomplish most of their nefarious objectives by telling ghost stories.

As a Republican and right wing person, i was against the war in Iraq from the start. Said then and now that it was a waste. Iraq was not where our enemies were..

Edit. Cleaned up the spelling errors a bit.

As a Republican and right wing person, i was against the war in Iraq from the start. Said then and now that i was a waste. Iraq was not were our enemies were..
Yeah, what a fucking disaster. Dick Cheney can go fuck himself, along with the rest of, Project for a New American Century.

Have to agree with this. What i don't know is what possible "fixes" there are that can be done to the GOP that basically doesn't turn them into another version of the Democrats.. If the GOP suddenly became the party of high taxes and massive welfare spending, then what exactly separates those beliefs from those of the Democrats?
They can and should keep their social conservatism for one. And even as a leftist I don't think every idea that comes out of the left is great so the GOP could always be the sensible voice for the market and market based solutions.
If you define terrorism as violence with a political goal then of course it was and Chomsky likes to critique US foreign policy with that definition in mind. I suppose it has its uses but I think its also a bit too broad and strays too far from what the average person conceives as terrorism, which is generally political violence by non-state actors.

Good luck convincing anyone else. We live in a country where people still refuse to call the fucking atomic bombings of civilian populations in Hiroshima and Nagasaki acts of terror.

Good luck convincing anyone else. We live in a country where people still refuse to call the fucking atomic bombings of civilian populations in Hiroshima and Nagasaki acts of terror.

Lol

Back