“Rock ‘n’ Roll” HOF is a sham

Langstarr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I’m not too in favor of this institute that started out decent but is now just trying way too hard to be hip. I just wonder why they don’t call it the music hall of fame or the pop hall of fame. I know it’s kind of pointless to try to put a lot of acts into a box, but there’s a lot of strange choices for inductees that have nothing to do with rock music. If they’re gonna have all these rap and pop acts then why don’t they induct any country or metal acts? I’d love to see a more legit HOF dedicated to rock music, not just something that has to include everyone one for fear of offending.

It’s not a sham is just more complicated than it should be

Have they inducted Nicki Minaj yet? She’s kinda a big deal yanno

All Halls of Fame are shams. And usually an extraordinarily boring experience if you visit one.

I don't like it coz they induct artists that aren't rock n roll, like Aretha Franklin for example.

N.W.A. and Tupac were great rockers.

I'm close to saying "who cares", but that's the lamest response ever, so I don't.

But seriously, it's when I went to the library as a child, I was poor and couldn't affort buying cd's and stuff, and all the music that wasn't classical, was labelled as rhytm and blues. I got over that in a split second.

I can’t believe they haven’t inducted Kate Bush. She's an avant garde creative legend. She should have been inducted years ago.

Bit of trivia for you guys. Without googling. Who’s the only artist to be inducted into the RnR HOF three separate times?

I can’t believe they haven’t inducted Kate Bush. She's an avant garde creative legend. She should have been inducted years ago.

I like that song she did with peter Gabriel. Don’t give up.

Back