“Rock ‘n’ Roll” HOF is a sham

Clearly they’re trying too hard to put emphasis on diversity by adding black rappers, but why not put Lenny Kravitz in there?

The RnR HOF is much like the Grammy awards, it's the record industry patting itself on the back for being the record industry.

Go you, random artist, for being popular because we pushed you to be popular.

Halls of Fame (is that how you say that?) are dumb. The panels deciding who gets in are even dummerer.

Bit of trivia for you guys. Without googling. Who’s the only artist to be inducted into the RnR HOF three separate times?

Eric Clapton.
As part of The Yardbirds, Cream and a solo artist.

https://www.rockhall.com/rock-roll-hall-fame-announces-nominees-2019-induction

• Def Leppard
  • Devo
  • Janet Jackson
  • John Prine
  • Kraftwerk
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • Radiohead
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Roxy Music
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Stevie Nicks
  • The Cure
  • The Zombies
  • Todd Rundgren

I'm guessing these 5 will get in on the next ceremony
Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Def Leppard, The Zombies, and LL Cool J
Def Leppard will probably get in because it will win the fan voting contest. Zombies because its one of the oldest act on the list and the voting committee wants to remove the backlog by getting the oldest acts in

Once again The Cure and Roxy Music will get passed over

• Def Leppard
  • Devo
  • Janet Jackson
  • John Prine
  • Kraftwerk
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • Radiohead
  • Roxy Music
  • Stevie Nicks
  • The Cure
  • The Zombies
  • Todd Rundgren

Def Leppard will probably get in because it will win the fan voting contest. Zombies because its one of the oldest act on the list and the voting committee wants to remove the backlog by getting the oldest acts in

Just the fact Roxy Music isnt already in it shows what a real sham it is. Let alone LL Cool J being in a ROCK hall of fame.

Just the fact Roxy Music isnt already in it shows what a real sham it is. Let alone LL Cool J being in a ROCK hall of fame.
I only learned about Roxy Music when 10,000 Maniacs covered More Than This. Really cool song. The crime here is Def Leppard not being there being basically the anthem band of 80's pop rock.

I’m not too in favor of this institute that started out decent but is now just trying way too hard to be hip. I just wonder why they don’t call it the music hall of fame or the pop hall of fame. I know it’s kind of pointless to try to put a lot of acts into a box, but there’s a lot of strange choices for inductees that have nothing to do with rock music. If they’re gonna have all these rap and pop acts then why don’t they induct any country or metal acts? I’d love to see a more legit HOF dedicated to rock music, not just something that has to include everyone one for fear of offending.
They do have metal acts in the Rock n Roll HOF, but I agree it would be better for them to rebrand with a different name since they are broadening their scope.

• Def Leppard
  • Devo
  • Janet Jackson
  • John Prine
  • Kraftwerk
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • Radiohead
  • Roxy Music
  • Stevie Nicks
  • The Cure
  • The Zombies
  • Todd Rundgren

and I thought lastyears was bad

Agreed. The fact that Judas Priest is not in the HOF is a complete joke

Back