“What is school for?” Prince EA

Cash Bill 52

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you agree with the basic premise? School is a big waste of time?
Most teachers don’t want to hear this. I just shared this video with my principal. I hope she shares it at the next staff meeting. ( I teach kindergarten.)

Have you ever met someone that didn’t finish school? That will answer any questions.

No.
One should definitely complete high school and college. A Masters, PhD, MD, or Law Degree is just icing on the cake. Try finding a good paying job without an education. Its not just about the knowledge, these days you can learn anything at any level through the internet. It is also about social skills, discussions, different points of view, etc. School is also a place to find girls and get laid. It is also a place where you find out your strong and weak points and how you stack up against your peers.

Yes, educating people and making them more aware about the world is a total complete waste of time. I agree. {<diva}

Have you ever met someone that didn’t finish school? That will answer any questions.

This all day long....

Go hang around with some highschool dropouts and you’ll see why school is important.

School is just Liberal indoctrination these days. I don't see the point in learning about 76 genders, social justice, and why white people are the devil.

Most teachers don’t want to hear this. I just shared this video with my principal. I hope she shares it at the next staff meeting. ( I teach kindergarten.)

how long have you taught kindergarten? I've read that males teaching the younger grades face a lot of discrimination and and more obstacles to hiring and promotions.

"Boring shit that you have to go through to get where you want to be"

I teach at a university and have taught high school. I never teach to a test... ever. My students have to know the general concepts to do well. But, the only way to see whether a student has learned something is with testing. It sometimes gets twisted, but school is important.

Wasn't school originally conceived to indoctrinate children into the joys of sitting still, following orders and learning boring shit by rote in order to prepare them for lives of factory work?

how long have you taught kindergarten? I've read that males teaching the younger grades face a lot of discrimination and and more obstacles to hiring and promotions.
Fifth year at k... I taught second grade for 11 years and six years at fifth.
3% of k teachers are male.
I'm treated like a prince. Lots of love.

<TheWire1>
Is it awkward if you run into another one?

I taught pre-k a few years ago. I felt respected by my colleagues and the parents if my students.

I don't remember much from school in terms of academic knowledge. It was obviously a massive influence on me as a person though. Way more of a negative influence than a positive but that's mainly because I was a mess. I don't blame the system.

Wasn't school originally conceived to indoctrinate children into the joys of sitting still, following orders and learning boring shit by rote in order to prepare them for lives of factory work?

By Protestants during the Reformation to read the Bible. Later, the Prussian military system. Single file, no talking, carrots and sticks, forcing you to memorize and regurgitate info... Worked well for the industrialists.
How many factory workers do we need these days?

I don't remember much from school in terms of academic knowledge. It was obviously a massive influence on me as a person though. Way more of a negative influence than a positive but that's mainly because I was a mess. I don't blame the system.
I'll bet the system could have helped you a little better.

I'll bet the system could have helped you a little better.

I think so too bro. But I was a military child so I was changing schools like a sherdogger changes 10's. Even so, looking back I really have no excuse for being a fuck up in those environments (Very small, friendly schools with students and teachers who really tried to help me). Although I did fine academically. Socially not so much.

schoolofathens.jpg

The Socratic method predates that by 2000 years and still superior.

Back