Crime “Words alone” are no reason to kill, Man gets 10 years for punching woman over N-word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecutors claimed the 39-year-old woman did not speak enough English to use such a slur.

LOL!!!!!! She knew what she was saying. She didn’t deserve to die, but let’s be honest, say :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, expect to get punched.
It’s entirely possible she said the word negro, the Spanish word for the colour black.

It’s entirely possible she said the word negro, the Spanish word for the colour black.

That's the nickname of someone in my family. The hilarity that has caused in public...

If it was murder, why wasn't he charged with attempted murder before she died?
if you don’t think this was murder what do you think it is?

It wasn’t attempted murder because he didn’t attempt to murder her...he just did.

Makes me sick. Remember this injustice sherbros.

With good behavior he will be out in FIVE....count it 5 years. For murder.

Some certain groups in America get a free pass for everything.

Disgusting

It's also possible to not fully understand the meaning of the n-word.

In Spanish (and I'm guessing in most languages) there isn't a word so vile it's only referred to by its first letter. You really have to understand English and American culture to understand the gravity of the word.

Disgusting

He doesnt seems to have the intention to kill 10 years is more than enough if you ask me.

Black Privilege: The privilege of being patronized based on your race alone, so mindless cocksuckers can point themselves out to others and state proudly that they, indeed, are not racist. Infuckingdeed. How about we all strive for true equality, and respect, instead of this cheap patronization meant to stroke one's own ego?

her life was worth 5 yrs in prison, that's it .. if this were my mother/sister, I'd be waiting for this cretin to be released

I don't think he intended to kill her.
He's pretty big..

If he would have intended to kill her, he should/would get life or close to it. 10 years is nothing to feel sorry about in this case.

He's pretty big..

If he would have intended to kill her, he should/would get life or close to it. 10 years is nothing to feel sorry about in this case.

He murdered her, as the law states. People get way more time for robbing a bank. Or killing someone while driving erratically or drunk ans they never intense during to do anyone any harm.

This is a joke, and white liberals Defend it to protect their voting base.

Disgusting. White libs are just human bidets

if you don’t think this was murder what do you think it is?

It wasn’t attempted murder because he didn’t attempt to murder her...he just did.

Voluntary manslaughter.

She died 10 days later and he was charged initially with malicious wounding.

Disgusting

But white privilege lmao...we live in two different universes in the same planet

Wait....seriously?

He threw one punch after being called a word meant to dehumanize him. A word that he had undoubtedly heard countless times in his life to dismiss him as subhuman trash.

the victim is a female, immigrant, and a latino. I can't imagine All of the oppression she has endured by the American patriarch from guys just like this man.

He should have checked his privilege

Voluntary manslaughter.

She died 10 days later and he was charged initially with malicious wounding.
And why do you think you know more than the judge that oversaw this case? Because some bullshit about racism, a biased legal system, or some other “he’s being treated unfairly” shit?

Last edited:
I’m not a lawyer so my take on this is arguably useless, but I don’t think this should count as a murder.

Maybe a manslaughter at best, as the violence was provoked and the victim’s death wasn’t premeditated.
Was the violence really provoked or are we just going by the killer's word? And why should that word be enough for the assault to be justifiable?

Was the violence really provoked or are we just going by the killer's word? And why should that word be enough for the assault to be justifiable?

I think intent to kill is important and the expectation of the aggressive action.

For example if i shove you and you trip, and hit the back of your head and die, its going to be manslaughter because its not really common for a shove to be deadly.

I think intent to kill is important and the expectation of the aggressive action.

For example if i shove you and you trip, and hit the back of your head and die, its going to be manslaughter because its not really common for a shove to be deadly.
Don't get me wrong. I believe the charge to be just. It's just that I'm against the idea of a justifiable argument for physical assault due to mere insult.

Like I said earlier in the thread, 10 years sounds right. I've seen people get less for more drastic actions, albeit in different circumstances. This also should be a warning to people who have cheered on other guys punching women.

A lot of people on here were just tickled to see that white supremacist guy punch that Antifa girl in the face. It is interesting to see how different the reaction is when the man is not a white supremacist and actually knows how to throw a punch. There are actually people in here calling for the death penalty. It's all fun and games when the assault is by some dweeb, but punching people is very dangerous if you throw a decent punch. I think everyone should be happy that all those Antifa and proud boi brawls are basically a bunch of uncoordinated societal rejects, or this kind of result would be more common.

Also, im sure a BAC of .35 certainly did not help her brain take that impact any better. That is incredibly drunk.

Wait....seriously?

He threw one punch after being called a word meant to dehumanize him. A word that he had undoubtedly heard countless times in his life to dismiss him as subhuman trash.

Tragic all around, but 10 years for throwing one punch that would not conceivably have been predicted as killing a person....that sounds about right.
still just a word.

Like I said earlier in the thread, 10 years sounds right. I've seen people get less for more drastic actions, albeit in different circumstances. This also should be a warning to people who have cheered on other guys punching women.

A lot of people on here were just tickled to see that white supremacist guy punch that Antifa girl in the face. It is interesting to see how different the reaction is when the man is not a white supremacist and actually knows how to throw a punch. There are actually people in here calling for the death penalty. It's all fun and games when the assault is by some dweeb, but punching people is very dangerous if you throw a decent punch. I think everyone should be happy that all those Antifa and proud boi brawls are basically a bunch of uncoordinated societal rejects, or this kind of result would be more common.

Also, im sure a BAC of .35 certainly did not help her brain take that impact any better. That is incredibly drunk.

Are you talking about the girl in the riot with the bottle?

My mother worked in the field for years. Death does not always occur at the higher numbers you posted. Of course, this is only for a very few individuals. I remember her telling me stories where bums would come in with fatal levels of BAC, the whole staff would be in amazement.

Meanwhile the bum would be in better shape than me after a 12 pack.

PS, fuck that guy. Dudes huge and punched a woman. Even if she did call him that, he should have just called her an ignorant cunt and moved on with his life.
They’ve established a tolerance level that would have everyone commenting on this slipping into a coma but it’s how they start their day. The human body is unbelievable when you think about how resilient it can be, and at the same time how easy it is to destroy.

lol it's true in NS as well, you could chirp someone with a tirade that would make jeff ross blush without reaction but the instant the 'g-word' is dropped, so are the gloves.
I'm very lucky then. I never knew about this connotation for goof until very recently (thanks Sherdog!). Growing up we used it all the time just to mean goofy like the Disney character. I lived in Nova Scotia for about 10 years or so. I guess it didn't come up or I'd have likely gotten punched out having no idea what I did wrong LOL

So, I read the whole thread. Some people just love to make shit up. It seems apparent that the mitigating circumstances were not the use of the n-word, but the accused's apparent remorse (along with confessing) and the woman's high blood alcohol level, and that while they decided there was intent, it doesn't appear to be with any great conviction (forgive the pun). Also, to characterize the people ITT who think the 10 year sentence is approximately appropriate, as defending the guy hitting the woman, go learn what words mean, honest to fuck. You don't have time for Sherdog.

No one is saying this guy should have gotten off. Reasonable people, however, can disagree on the length of the sentence. It seems to me to be roughly in line with sentencing in lots of different areas (I looked) considering the circumstances. I agree penalties for crimes that result in death seem like they are more lenient than I would like, but the 10 year sentence in this case appears to be in line with established case law so it is appropriate. If there's ever a case where you're convicted of Murder-2 yet deserve the minimum sentence, this seems to be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back