♔♔COD BLOPS4 Blackout Role Call♔♔

I’ve played just about every COD and so far I’d consider this one pretty high up there in being one of my favorites (primarily TDM player). I think quickscoping needs to be toned down somehow. It’s ridiculous to get quickscoped when you’re already hitting them.

Also, I liked BLOPS3 loot system for cosmetic stuff but I hate how weapons were in there. I’d like this one to have some loot box stuff too just for skins and stuff. Overall it seems like they put a lot less effort into small things like the victory scenes, and customization. I like the gunplay so far

And scrubs have a fighting chance now to get score streaks. You get a lot for assists and there’s a bunch of things that add onto it now and not just straight kills

Yeah it's a good edition so far IMO.I do miss the wall running and jet packs but whatever. I like the general speed of things.

This is the first COD ive played since Black Ops 2 and so far im liking it. I love that some Black Ops 1 maps are back especially firing range. Definitely feels a lot more like Blacks Op 2 than 3 which i never played but didn't like the way the gameplau was headed with the double jumps and wall runs (or was that AW? either way i didn't like it) so far my only complaint is that primary and secondary granades are no longer a thing. Stun granades and emp granades were some of my favorite things about the 1 and 2 along with Semtex and frag granades.

I get home from work on monday, looking forward to trying this as i skipped Infinite Warfare and the WW2 one.

Getting this bitch again. Am I back? Who knows

I haven't had too much time to play this TBH, since Destiny Forsaken is pretty high on my list of priorities. I think I am round level 12 or so from my first couple evenings that I got in.

I'll play it a lot more, just not yet.... haha

Played some Blackout the other night at a friends place and I enjoy it a lot more than PUBG or Fortnite. Might end up picking this up at a later date, red dead redemption 2 comes first though.

Also they brought back some classic black ops maps? Like firing range? That’s awesome, seems kinda lazy they brought back some classics...but whatever, even in black ops 3 I loved firing range.

Last edited:
Question.

Can you change your character appearance at the multi-player create-a-class screen? Mine is always the black dude with dreadlocks.

Skov#11388 on BNET if anyone plays on PC

Level 20!!!

matrixm60.gif

Gertsmann likes it, so I figured I'd give it a try. I like it well enough. I'm one of those simpletons who just plays TDM, and so far this game does that pretty well. I like all these maps, but I do wish they'd included/made some more open ones (I can't remember if any of the previous Black Ops games had maps that were more geared towards sniper and assaults rifles). I just know that at some point every CoD seemed to move towards smaller maps with lots of avenues in and out of areas. Obviously they did this to make it harder for campers to lock down a map, but I still wish there were a couple of levels that favored longer-range fire fights.

I skipped WW2, so this game is the first CoD I've played that's back to not having parkour. I'd say it not being here only serves to emphasize how little it added to the games that included it. It always felt like an afterthought instead of an important feature a la Titanfall.

I'm not sure how I feel about the classes. The ultimates are fine, but I wish that it didn't take so long to unlock normal grenades. The Firebreak reactor is pretty cool though, and I like the Crash ammo pack because I'm too scrubby to reliably make it much further than the UAV score streaks. It's good, but I don't know how long it'll keep my attention (mostly just due to having played so many of these in the past). I sort of doubt that I'll bother to prestige even once.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't bother with a double XP weekend on the release date.

Haha
Well got it at 6 today
It is now 909
I have 17 minutes left before it is updated
WiFi is out in the area so I got a cable for the modem and another for the lan
Speed test has me clocking in at 1/2 what I pay for and with 1mb upload
Been on hold for a while now

Double XP weekend mother fawkers! Level 28 now. Let's rock!!!

SxmBhFG.jpg

This game ain’t half bad. Damage is a little inconsistent but I give it a thumbs up so far.

Ok, so it is ok lol. I do like zombies this time a lot, and BO is fun, but not really my kind of thing. Still, most of the time I'm still playing MP, and I must say, most of the guns are not really that great for my playstyle. TTK is much higher than I'm accustomed to, and with that damn stimp pack, so many can recover too fast after I light them up at a distance. And the first tactical rifle when you get the double tap operator mod is pretty cool. A bit more dependent on skill than twitch reflexes.

That said, I like the specialty shit different characters can do. That VAPR is my go-to. Silencer with Stock2 and bayonet makes it feel almost like MW2. Overall, 7/10. Wish I would not have paid full price for it though. Just not enough modes that I will play consistently for $60.

And WTF is it with people not picking up assault packs??? Who doesn't want easier kill streaks, and to help the person on your team who dropped it??? Idiots

Last edited:
Smgs need a buff. They suck. Keep forgetting to try out shotguns. Not sure how I feel about the last few cods not giving 100 for kills in domination either.

But

Boots on the ground, no flying, no wall running... pretty good. Also killstreaks are good.

They locked the servers to 20hz on their multiplayer game modes:

I'm all over Blackout. Got like 100 games in and 3 victories by now. Not good at all but damn it's fun. Gotta admit that i enjoy BR games and this is the only good (or lets say suitable) one for me on PS4. I'm too old for Fortnite, these kids spam a whole appartment complex on me once i shoot at them in open fields - I can't build for shit. With my old man eyes and reflexes I rather 9-bang my opponent in the final 1v1 and get the easy kill for the victory, hahah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back