♔ King Bisping Admits Hendo Got Under His Skin ♔

Which of the following was a cheap shot?

• Total voters
I hope Bisping KOs Henderson and if he has a chance for a follow up shot, he DOESN'T take it. Showing mercy and class for the old man and sending him into retirement is the best revenge imo.
I'm pulling for Hendo but that's not the best revenge, the best revenge is taking flight and going air Hendo on his ass.
IMG_1528.JPG

Nike should've sponsored Henderson shortly after that fight, before UFC took total control over the sponsorships.

Air Hendo
Air_Hendo_-_Short_Sleeve_Crew_-_Black.jpg

Sounds more like Hendo was the one that was 'gotten to', but he still won by KO

This pre-fight mind game bullshit is not an exact science

Bisping repeatedly tells people he's over it and laughs.

Obviously he is full of shit.

He's one of those sore losers who can't let it go. Look at what he did after beating rockhold. Rubbed it in, called him :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, all after trying for a second handshake after gloating.

Fuck that guy, he's classless.

That was fucking unnecessary. I don't care how many of these neckbeards living 500 miles away who aren't in harms way think it's fun and you're a pussy for disagreeing. It's a sport you dumbasses. You don't hit an unconscious guy on purpose in a meathead rage.

The question will always remain, how was he sure that Mike was done? Imo everyone reacted as quick as they could. He's a prizefighter and they get paid to win, not to think they won. Everyone can't pull a mark hunt and expect it to work. On tv it looks pretty blatant but put yourself in his shoes.

Bisping talk shit about every fighter,so what's the deal? Hendo always did that, follow his opponent to the ground after the bomb,just to be sure, i don't see anything wrong, when the ref stops the fight,he stops
That last punch may have taken 5 years off Bisping's life. But I get your point. Fighters are expendable. Let them die for our amusement.

That last punch may have taken 5 years off Bisping's life. But I get your point. Fighters are expendable. Let them die for our amusement.
but that's because hendo's power, how many guys do you see landing 5 or 6 punches clean on other guy non stop even when the other dude is not defending, how is that different?

He's hit plenty of opponents after they've been knocked unconscious, even Lombard in his last fight

“Normally, I’m not that way in fights," said Henderson after knocking out Bisping. "I know if a guy is out and I tend to stop. I knew I knocked him out. I think that last one was just to shut him up a little bit.”

He has said since that he was only joking. Regardless, that one blow showed both why some love the UFC and why others see it as being beyond the pale. It wasn’t just a follow-up shot to a falling fighter, but an assault on an unconscious man. It has gone down as one of the most celebrated knockouts in UFC history and Henderson himself uses a silhouette image of it as his personal logo.

“It took me an hour just to figure out where I was and who I was,” Bisping says. Nine years later, it’s the humiliation that hurts. “Every time I see that logo, on his shorts, his banner,” Bisping says, “I think: ‘You bastard.’”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/oct/07/ufc-204-michael-bisping-dan-henderson-revenge

"an assault on an unconscious man"

I don't think this is a valid way of representing what happened.

MMA basically is "assault". Dan Henderson didn't flying-forearm some prostrate man in the street here. He is a soldier and he hit another soldier during warfare.

You're using purposefully emotive language to try and remove the context of the situation.

If we're going to start flinging this sort of nonsense around, we won't be left with much in MMA. Was Bisping's coffin-nail punch on Luke Rockhold an "attack on a defenceless man"?

No, it was a punch thrown to incapacitate him, in line with the laws of the jungle in which they were fighting.

No more of this "assault" nonsense.

I've waited years for this!!! See my profile pic, I've had it up since their first fight!

That was fucking unnecessary. I don't care how many of these neckbeards living 500 miles away who aren't in harms way think it's fun and you're a pussy for disagreeing. It's a sport you dumbasses. You don't hit an unconscious guy on purpose in a meathead rage.
Exactly. The irony of these keyboard warriors and wimps who's never been hit in the face telling other people to "toughen up" and calling them pussies.

If someone is unconscious, it's over.

“Normally, I’m not that way in fights," said Henderson after knocking out Bisping. "I know if a guy is out and I tend to stop. I knew I knocked him out. I think that last one was just to shut him up a little bit.”

He has said since that he was only joking. Regardless, that one blow showed both why some love the UFC and why others see it as being beyond the pale. It wasn’t just a follow-up shot to a falling fighter, but an assault on an unconscious man. It has gone down as one of the most celebrated knockouts in UFC history and Henderson himself uses a silhouette image of it as his personal logo.

“It took me an hour just to figure out where I was and who I was,” Bisping says. Nine years later, it’s the humiliation that hurts. “Every time I see that logo, on his shorts, his banner,” Bisping says, “I think: ‘You bastard.’”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/oct/07/ufc-204-michael-bisping-dan-henderson-revenge
It was a great ko and the flying finish was sweet. Dan is a gentle quiet guy, and was probably sick of Bispings antics on the TUF show

Exactly. The irony of these keyboard warriors and wimps who's never been hit in the face telling other people to "toughen up" and calling them pussies.

If someone is unconscious, it's over.

You sound like a newbie. That has been happening since the first show. Same like pounding someone on the ground when they are almost out. Did Weidman need another round against Rockhold? Man, you need to go back and see how many times that happens. If your being rude and insulting your opponent for ever, don't expect him to be sorry when he kos the guy, and all his family would be happy too. It's the nature of the game. How many times did Matsui and Sakuraba get punted in the face on the ground? Dan fought Renzo in Pride and stopped straightaway he knew Renzo was out. Dan is not like Bisping, he doesn't hate or spit or insult families, but that one time he did. Did you see Bisping on The TUF show, he was baiting Dan and his team the whole show. There must be a thousand fights in mma where someone has been hit when already out, all in the moment.

Reading some of the posts in this thread, I can't help but wonder if there are any actual MMA fans left on this forum.

You sound like a newbie. That has been happening since the first show. Same like pounding someone on the ground when they are almost out. Did Weidman need another round against Rockhold? Man, you need to go back and see how many times that happens. If your being rude and insulting your opponent for ever, don't expect him to be sorry when he kos the guy, and all his family would be happy too. It's the nature of the game. How many times did Matsui and Sakuraba get punted in the face on the ground? Dan fought Renzo in Pride and stopped straightaway he knew Renzo was out. Dan is not like Bisping, he doesn't hate or spit or insult families, but that one time he did. Did you see Bisping on The TUF show, he was baiting Dan and his team the whole show. There must be a thousand fights in mma where someone has been hit when already out, all in the moment.
It does happen and has happened in the heat of the moment. That's part of the game, following up. What Dan did that fight was different though. It's the intention. He wanted to hurt Bisping after he was not there anymore, he even said as much. That's the issue I have with it. It's a liability.

Fighters get permanently hurt sometimes, but at the end of the day it is a sport and we should strive for it to not happen. We all love combat, but we should strive to make it as safe as possible as well. It sounds weird, being safe when the goal is to hurt and KO your opponent, but that is why we have rules, scans, referees and so forth.

It happens, and it's not like it makes me not want to watch the sport, but the intention should be to minimize unnecessary damage. Have the health of the fighters in mind.

Otherwise you could just as well watch prison fights and people get beaten to death. No doctors, no stopping.

TBH as epic as it was (and it was) it was a cheap shot in the end. Hendo even said it was just to shut him up. That being said it was a long time ago, and the rematch is here and I can't wait for this fight. War Hendo

Back