♔ King Bisping in New Discussion as One of the Greatest Ever ♔

Will Bisping yet become the MW GOAT?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is Michael Bisping on His Way to MMA Greatness?

By Chad Dundas, MMA Lead Writer

Bisping's late-career ascent to the top of the 185-pound division has Bleacher Report's Chad Dundas and Mike Chiappetta rethinking his entire career.

How should fans and analysts view the longtime veteran now that he's—gulp—the best around? Is Bisping on his way to MMA greatness? Those are the questions.

. . .

Chad Dundas: Mike, I honestly have no idea what to make of Bisping's career at this point. After nearly a decade of being considered a gatekeeper of sorts (not to mention a fairly disagreeable human being), the strutting Brit is suddenly the middleweight champion—having solidified his reign with a win over Henderson.

. . .

So, Mike, I ask you: What do you consider Bisping's lasting legacy? And if he hasn't already convinced you, what, if anything, would it take for you to look at him as one of the all-time greats?

. . .

A UFC-record 20 wins and a UFC middleweight championship are excellent accomplishments atop a resume. That kind of success speaks for itself.

If anything, the argument against Bisping stems from aesthetics more than facts. When we think about the greatest ever to do it, we think about Silva's pinpoint power, St-Pierre's dominant wrestling, Fedor Emelianenko's finishing instinct. Theirs was a greatness you could see. They were all well-rounded mixed martial artists but offered at least one transcendent trait or skill.

Bisping has never had that. He has never had stunning power, blinding speed, stifling wrestling or constricting jiu-jitsu. Yet somehow, he has been better than the sum of his parts. He is the embodiment of guts, finding ways to compete against and often defeat men who outgunned him in key areas.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...el-bisping-on-his-way-to-mma-greatness-or-nah

He already beat the MW GOAT, Anderson Silva, how could he not become the GOAT if he also beats Weidman, Romero, and Jacare?

I'll start off by saying I'm a Bisping fan. To be honest, as much as I like Bisping, I don't see him becoming MW goat. He's had a good career, and finished it off nicely, but lets face it, he's at the wrong end of the 30s to be able to put together a run like Silva's.

Hall of famer for sure, nowhere near GOATness though.

He's capitalised off a cockier than usual Luke Rockhold and took it to the bank.

Hahahahaha. I thought this was a troll at first. Bisping isn't even the GOAT gatekeeper let alone official GOAT. And yes I realise he is champion, but for all you bisping nuthuggers think long and hard about it because bisping probably loses to anyone in the top 5 and Mabye even 10

He already beat the MW GOAT, Anderson Silva, how could he not become the GOAT if he also beats Weidman, Romero, and Jacare?
He's not beating any of those 3. That's like saying CB Dolloway would be GOAT if he ran through the entire top 10.

If Mir deserves to be in the HOF then so does Bisping. Both are journeymen and neither belong there. Joke.

Had USADA been around in the beginning of Bisping's career his record would be 31-3-4NC.

Fights against Hendo 1, Belfort, Sonnen and Wand would be a NC due to steroids and TRT.

USADA has established a level playing field and a clean fighter like Bisping has finally become a defending champion.

Prevailed against Non TRT Hendo in a rematch who still carried his TRT infused KO Power due to years of TRT usage but USADA era Bisping fought against the tyranny of TRT and won the fight which is a little bit of justice for clean fighters

Bisping is the USADA era MW GOAT.

Let's see if he can keep some of that momentum going before any GOAT talk. He has a pretty badass line up waiting for him.

Possible contender for greatest overachiever the sport has seen. That's about it, though.

I thought about this the other day but you can call anyone the GOAT if they beat the top 4 guys in their division on a streak, it's easier said than done.

Yes. One of the GOAT knockouts of all time!

tumblr_mysigcdtI71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

when he actually make a solid winning streak as a champion you comeback to me.

Good and long Ufc career.He isn't GOAT MW fighter.Top 5 TT,for sure.

Back