Social ♕♕♕GoT creators new show: Confederate♕♕♕

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they will use Harry turledove's timeline 191 novel series which deals with this axact premise but ends in 1944 with the country forcibly reunited after 4 wars.

Personally i would rather see a Joe Steele series then a southern victory series.

What I am going to relish in is how badly this paints the southern states and their confederate treason loving selves. Then to watch all of the crying from ppl that say it wasn't just about slaves...

I've always enjoyed these alternate historical concepts. This kind of sounds like Ward Moore's 1953 novel "Bring the Jubilee", which was about an alternate universe in which the South won the battle of Gettysburg, and successfully gained independence. Phillip K. Dick's "The Man in the High Castle" is great, too.

I'm interested in seeing how they depict a modernized, 21st century Confederacy where slavery is still legal.

It's sort of a silly premise. I have a hard time believing that even if the South won the Civil War, that somehow slavery woulds till be accepted and institutionalized in 2017.

Yeah, even in Bring the Jubilee, Robert E. Lee eventually abolishes slavery anyways. I don't see how they work out slavery still being accepted, unless the South has some how magically grown to be this monstrous, industrious fascist state like Nazi Germany in Man in the High Castle.

Imagine an alternate universe where blacks aren't a victim class of violent thugs. Let's make a movie where they have lifted themselves out of this victim class the way other minorities have.

It would be science fiction like X Men, of course. Call it "We Iz Kingz".

Reported for racism.

Mayberry.............................

You know what's annoying about GoT? Everyone who watches can't stop trying to get me to watch it. It's everywhere and now they have Ed Sheeran singing it? Wasn't this supposed to be a soap opera about dungeons and dragons but gory or something?

original.png

Game of Thrones is way overhyped but still worth a watch. It's nothing special though. Rome had the formula several years before. Now you have Black Sails, The Last Kingdom, Frontier, etc. Basically you need cool costumes, battles, and evil ass dudes.

Game of Thrones is way overhyped but still worth a watch. It's nothing special though. Rome had the formula several years before. Now you have Black Sails, The Last Kingdom, Frontier, etc. Basically you need cool costumes, battles, and evil ass dudes.

black sails literally turned into the gayest show on premium television

we need more series/movies on the War of 1812 IMO

not even sure one's ever even been produced
Boring fight overall. Britain got the early takedown, then gassed hard and tried to lay and pray. Andrew Jackson landed the best shot of the fight well after the bell. Paul Daleyesque imo.

You know what's annoying about GoT? Everyone who watches can't stop trying to get me to watch it. It's everywhere and now they have Ed Sheeran singing it? Wasn't this supposed to be a soap opera about dungeons and dragons but gory or something?

original.png
I read the first book and was thoroughly underwhelmed. That first impression has disinterested me in the series.

black sails literally turned into the gayest show on premium television

Yea, I still havent finished the last season. After blackbeard died, it crashed and burned.

The 2nd season of GoT was also pretty fuckin terrible, at least compared to thr 1st season. I started rewatching the entire series a month ago and it really jumped out at me. I also forgot about the scenes with The Hound and Arya, which were both hilarious and badass. They could have done 2 or 3 seasons with that pairing.

Boring fight overall. Britain got the early takedown, then gassed hard and tried to lay and pray. Andrew Jackson landed the best shot of the fight well after the bell. Paul Daleyesque imo.
not his fault, he just didn't get the memo or smokesignal or whatever
needed a GoT raven IMO

I wonder if characters on this show will be able to move around the USA as quickly as GoT characters zip around Westeros.

BTW is reading unpopular with liberals?

Alternate history revolving around reversed outcomes of WW1, WW2 and the Civil War are like a top-ten fiction genre. These "offended outrage" tweets all seem like people who are having their mind blown learning of its existence for the first time ever.

There are hobbies other than watching guys bang your wife.

It's phony outrage; how do you think they get Twitter followers? Go with the popular sentiment, be outraged, gain followers, parlay that into "social media influencer" status, profit.

Yea, I still havent finished the last season. After blackbeard died, it crashed and burned.

The 2nd season of GoT was also pretty fuckin terrible, at least compared to thr 1st season. I started rewatching the entire series a month ago and it really jumped out at me. I also forgot about the scenes with The Hound and Arya, which were both hilarious and badass. They could have done 2 or 3 seasons with that pairing.

His death was pretty rad. That and Blood Eagle from Vikings are two of my favorite ways someone has died in cinema history in cinematic history.

After the last horrendous episode of GoT, I no longer have blind faith in these guys to create a great show without source material.

Fully expect it to be utter garbage. Look how bad GOT when they ran out of source original.

No different than making a show of Man in the High Castle which postulated Nazi Germany winning WWII and dividing up the United States with Japan. I don't remember an uproar about that.

2016 was a different time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back