⚔ Bisping Calls Out GSP for Superfight Before First Title Defence

Left Hook Larry getting a little too big for his boots. Calm down there, buddeh.

Would love to see a Diaz v Bisping though.

Why the fuck does Diaz always get fights he does not deserve? Why not Diaz vs Cormier and then Diaz vs Cain for title shots after Bisping and Cormier beats him? Can Diaz at least beat a contender before getting a title shot? Thanks

Bisping is looking for the pay day...nothing wrong with that, I would rather see him vs GSP than fucking Hendo....

But more than likely he is fighting Jacare next.

i think a fight against Jon Jones would sell well

Has there ever, in the history of the sport, been a guy who won the belt and immediately calls out a retired fighter from the weight class below his?
Dude it's not like bispings a new fighter in the organisation . He's been around forever. Over 10 years. It's a little different

So winning a belt and then immediately looking for a "big fight" outside of the division so you can avoid defending your belt isn't something Conor has done lately? K den.

It would be at 185, and it would be for the title. Good job dude. Real genius.

You guys need to learn how to read or listen to the interview. Bisping g was asked about a rumour from Facebook regarding a super fight with GSP which he said he would take. He didn't call him out.

He also said he'd love to fight Jacare or Hendo.

didnt Bj win the belt then fight GSP immediately?

Maybe, I don't remember. Would it have made you happier had I said "taking a page out of BJ Penn's book"?

Conor did it recently and to much greater fanfare. It's only natural to refer to it when someone else emulates that behavior so soon after. Coincidence? I think not.

he doesnt even have 1 title defense yet, slow down there

Conor Brock and GSP get the most unnecessary call outs.

Yeah, obviously you need to think a little harder. You think the comparison to Conor was because he sells fights with his mouth? It wasn't. Think harder. What is Bisping doing here--other than selling a fight--that is similar to something Conor has done lately?

If you can't figure it out, I'll spell it out for you: Conor also won a belt and then disappeared from the division looking for a "money fight" instead of defending said belt.

Who said the fight wouldn't be at 185 ? GSP is no longer the 170 pound champ he can fight where ever he wants.

Uh, a superfight isn't a fight between two well-known fighters, clearly. What have been the proposed superfights over the years? GSP vs Anderson, Anderson vs Jones, Jones vs Cain, MM vs Cruz II, Aldo vs. Pettis (when both were champs). What's the commonality between all these? It's that one or both of the participants are dominant champions that have pretty much cleared out their division. People want to see them fight another champ from another division. It has nothing to do with name value. There are non-champs that have big names but have never been mentioned as superfight candidates because just having a big name does not qualify one for a superfight.

Bisping has zero defenses. Once again, lol @ him being in a superfight.

You're seriously trying to tell me that THE TWO PEOPLE THAT ARE TIED FOR THE MOST WINS IN THE UFC FIGHTING EACH OTHER ISN'T A SUPERFIGHT?!?!!

Yeah dude gtfo of here.

Didn't Bisping win some award like coolest athlete in the UK because of his popularity. That was way before his title win. Dude is like one of the biggest haters on sherdog.

Calling out big name fighters is something that has been going on since fights were made. It is absolutely nothing CM brought to the game.
Kind of a weird point that I don't totally understand but I'm pretty sure I agree with you.

Bisping is a huge name. Bisping and GSP are tied for most wins in the UFC, this fight would be huge.

"I believe there is [sic] some other people floating around in there as well, potential super fights...
GSP."

Bisping was also quick to give life to rumors that the former welterweight great might consider a UFC return for a shot at the new middleweight champ:

"It kinda has, now that you mention it," Bisping replied when asked if a superfight with GSP had been on his radar. "And I mean, just the words that you said, those words get me really excited. As you say, fighting Georges St-Pierre, the great Georges St-Pierre, and of course, for the title of 'Who has the most wins in UFC history.' That alone as a tagline, and great promotion. Of course, the numbers would be fantastic with Georges St-Pierre, he's a proven draw.

. . .

"I would certainly be open to sending Georges St-Pierre back to a movie set, because that would be a fight that I would definitely win. And if Georges St-Pierre is listening: buddy, any time just be a man, sign on the dotted line, and your return will be short-lived."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/1...n-georges-st-pierre-weidman-rockhold-mma-news

I'm not going to go so far as to say I'm now a fan of Bisping but I definitely don't hate what he's been up to the last month or so. I want to see this fight. Had no clue they were tied for most wins in the UFC.

Back