⚔ Cody Garbrandt Threatens Dominick Cruz Backstage: "I'll just run up and smack you!"

What is your reaction to this confrontation?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Cruz popped out of the tent with this dumbass look on his face," Garbrandt said. "I was sitting there, walked out of Faber's tent, talked to him, kind of taking it all in. He [Cruz] popped out of his tent and kind of made eye contact with me, made this face like, 'Yeah, motherfuc*er, what?'"

Not one to avoid a physical confrontation, Garbrandt slung some words Cruz's way, and the champ wasn't happy.

"I was sitting there, and he [Cruz] wouldn't turn away, so I was like 'Alright, what's up? It's cool. Keep my belt polished up for me.' And he grabbed his belt off his dude and put it over his shoulder like, 'You better get in line.'

"I was like, 'There ain't no line right now. I'll run up on you and smack you right in your face.'"

From there, Cruz turned his attention to Garbrandt's tattoos, something that only intensified "No Love's" rage.

"And he started talking sh*t about tattoos, and that's when I got kind of pissed off," Garbrandt said. "He was saying some stupid, dorky-ass sh*t. He's got that tribal tat, but he's talking sh*t about tattoos. I was like, 'That's cool, man, what are we, teenagers?'

"So I was just like, 'Fu*k it, man. I ain't about talking. I'll just run up and smack you. Fu*k the line. Wait in line? I'll jump the line.' Then his cornermen were right there, like, 'Get the fu*k out of here,' and I was like, 'Fu*k this dude.' He wants to look at me, grab his belt and turn toward me, yeah, keep it polished for me, because I'm coming, motherfu*ker!"

When reached for comment, Garbrandt doubled down on his story.

"Really that's it. I told him to polish up my belt, and he didn't like it *laughs*," Garbrandt told MMA Fighting. "I really can't wait to beat his fuc*ing ass... I'll break his nose."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/1...nick-cruz-after-ufc-199-keep-my-belt-polished

"Neither, Garbrandt just wants a title shot."

I'll vote when you add that option :)

I don't know but all those team alpha male guys just come across like teenagers.
Drama queens, running around without shirts, talking shit as a group, bro bro bro bro, fist bumping each other etc
"Then I told him.... and he said.. and he looked in my eyes... and I'm like what's up blah blah"

I don't know but all those team alpha male guys just come across like teenagers.
Drama queens, running around without shirts, talking shit as a group, bro bro bro bro, fist bumping each other etc
"Then I told him.... and he said.. and he looked in my eyes... and I'm like what's up blah blah"

Lol. So true

Diaz brods are scary.. gamb is just trying to get a title shot asap

Can we add an option :

"Cody Garbrandt seems to have a clue on how to market himself and make some good money"

?

Cruz 50-45

...and that's the best case scenario for this Cody fellow

Didn't Cody call out Caraway for his next opponent?

THis guy needs to fuck off already

TAM are finished on this platform

Back