⚔ Ferguson Calls Out Alvarez and Nurmagomedov

Which of the following do you agree with?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ferguson faced the UFC newcomer on short notice after his original opponent Michael Chiesa was forced out of the fight due to injury less than two weeks ago and Vannata stepped up to the challenge and nearly pulled off the massive upset.

Despite being an 8-to-1 underdog, Vannata scored a head kick in the first round that nearly finished Ferguson, but after that near disastrous moment, the No. 3 ranked lightweight came back to finish the fight with a D'arce choke in the second round.

"We were preparing for Michael Chiesa so if anything I was just more prepared for a wrestler and just underestimated his stand up," Ferguson told FOX Sports following the victory. "After just getting hit a couple of times, that's exactly what I wanted and that's the type of fighter I am.

"I battled through it and I took some of his hardest shots and I put fear in his face."

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-eddie-alvarez-and-khabib-nurmagomedov-071416

Yes Ferguson. Get it. One of the most exciting fighters right now, with only Conor being more exciting than him.

Good luck against khabib or RDA. You ain't gettin that shot after that last performance

Title shot is good with me either El Cucuy or Nate if he beats Conor again

With the current LW landscape he's probably 2 fight away from a TS or at least 1 more and a really long wait period

Yes Ferguson. Get it. One of the most exciting fighters right now, with only Conor being more exciting than him.
You know who I wish we could have seen fight? TJ Grant and Ferguson. I know it'll never happen but that would have been terrific for as long as it lasted.

Cant wait till el cockroach gets smashed

These are the two possible routes for LW I think...

Alvarez vs Khabib
Ferguson vs RDA
Barboza/Melendez vs Chiesa

Alvarez vs Ferguson
Khabib vs Barboza/Melendez
RDA vs Chiesa

Rather see Alvarez vs Ferguson

Alvarez vs Khabib would look like 2 blankets trying to out blanket each other

Good luck against khabib or RDA. You ain't gettin that shot after that last performance
Tony's style is perfect for RDA & I've been saying it for awhile .. And are you implying that was a BAD performance ?! lmaoooo

Why would Nate get a title shot for beating someone who isnt even in the LW division... at WW ?
Nate is an OG 155er and needle mover.
The champ already called him out, he just has to finish Conor and accept it. What do you mean why? If you follow the sport you would know why they are fighting at 170 and not 155 don't play stupid.

I say RDA vs Khabib for the next title shot.

Alvarez vs Diaz once he beats McGregor again. El Cucuy needs one more fight before a title shot.

Tony deserves it more than anyone. Khabib needs a good top 10 win after two and a half years.

Let him fight RDA or whoever in an eliminator.

The winner of Conor/Diaz will get Alvarez Titleshot. Like Dominick Cruz said, nobody cares about that guy (Nurmagomedov in this case)

Even Ferguson would outsell Nurmagomedov. Khabib is not an entertaining fighter!

Has anyone other than Ferguson called out Khabib when Khabib wasn't injured? It just doesn't seem like guys are lining up to fight him.

The champ already called him out, he just has to finish Conor and accept it. What do you mean why? If you follow the sport you would know why they are fighting at 170 and not 155 don't play stupid.

So hes an OG 155er and needle mover.... so he should jump over all the other better, more qualified contenders? I do follow the "sport", and no, I still don't really know why they're having a rematch at 170 when neither of them fight at WW, aside from Conor's destroyed pride. And nor do I know why a fight at WW between the two of them means either of them should skip ahead of deserved challengers at a different division. There's at least 3 people ahead of either Nate or Conor at LW for a title shot.

And no I dont care about "who sells more" because, just like you, I don't receive any PPV points and I really dont care how much the UFC profits off each fight, nor do I think they should arrange every fight based on their profit. I'd like to see the best fight the best - thats supposed to be the point.

Otherwise just give CM Punk an instant title shot. He'll likely outdraw everyone in the UFC outside Brock. Who cares if he's 0-0. He's a "needle mover".

Even if he finishes Conor in the first round he still doesn't deserve it more than el cucuy

Back