⚜ GSP's Return Fight ⚜

Pick GSP's return fight

• Total voters
GSP vs Ruthless makes every sense in the world. The back story to of it is that GSP saw his first fight in the UFC with Robbie against someone else. He was heralded as the next big thing coming from Militich's camp. George beat Huges, Robbie's mentor, 2x and when Robbie came back to the UFC, everything about him being the next big thing was true. He beat Rory 2x, George's protégé. In fact George retired before there was a good possibility of him fighting Lawler after he won against Rory.

George has always said that he wanted to face in the best in the Division, and now we're coming back full circle where he just needs 1 more fight against Lawler to complete the story. At one point or another, these 2 were suppose to fight. There's still a glimmer of hope that this might actually happen, but from how I see the psychology of George's thoughts and words, I think he's apprehensive in the thought of fighting Robbie right now...

I voted WW belt, but I'd like to see him fight Anderson too.

Are you retarded? Why would you include LHW as an option, and state "the fight that never happened"?! Why would you not list Lightweight fight? Thread options are from 3rd grader.

I was under the impression that GSP did not want the pressure of having the belt. If hes changed his mind I would like to se him against Robbie. If he dont want a belt I would like to se him vs Conor at catch weight.

Bisping, Silva, or Lawler. I don't care which. Let GSP pick his fight because regardless of who he fights, I'll watch.

'This just in':

“From what we’ve talked about, he’s not coming back for the belt. He’s coming back for the odd fight I think that interests him…If he comes back ... he’s more interested in super fights."

--Rory MacDonald
(FoxSports.com)

That explains the Bisping idea, but also opens the door to non-title fights like Silva+Hendo.

If he's not really interested in holding the belt, he shouldn't fight anyone who has a belt.

If he wants to fight Bisping, he only has to wait one fight (when Bisping will lose the belt).

Wonderboy could be interesting--just because he's a different style.

Any other WW fight then a shot, assuming a win.

he wants the Bisping fight, Bisping wants that fight...... thats the fight to make imo

I feel gsp knows he has unfinished work in the eyes of jbg. He hasn't made the most offerings over the years, he knows that as well anyone. A koscheck eye here and there kept his penance at a minimum but blood must be shed one way or another. Arch bishop Lawler would be most suited for the task

GSP has nothing for bisping, really bad fight for him. Would probably do better with anderson silva.

Might even win lawler, but bisping is just terrible for GSP. Bisping is like the hardest guy to take down, really high level takedown defense, and higher level boxing and size, just makes him a nightmare for GSP.

GSP has earned the right to try and make history. If he wants to fight Bisping, let him.

i voted Lawler but the Hendo fight would be awesome too

Back